“Spa & Food at Killarney Park”

The Killarney Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
cork
“Spa & Food at Killarney Park”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I must say Im so disappointed by this hotel, we dont go to spas very often and the thought of a 5star really excited us! the Spa itself is not too bad not as luxurious as I would have thought but spotless clean. the therapist I had was a lovely girl didnt make much conversation and never asked on our way out if we were happy with everything. The treatment I had was lovely really nice but the pool, sauna etc was really really bad, the jacuzzi had chipped base there was rust around the whole area the pedal bin had a big rusty pedal on it. The 'rocks' around the pool were all fake ivy which seemed to have been just left there. there were kids (with parents) in the jacuzzi 'no children' beyond here section but in fairness they left as soon as they saw us arriving. The sauna was tiny really not anything you would expect from a five star hotel. So very disappointed with it.

In the changing area the hair dryer didnt even have a diffuser on it, it was missing and the straighting irons were ancient.

Just overall very unprofessional

The food in the main garden restaurant was only average you couldnt possibly class it as 5 star. Staff in the dining room were very cheerful and helpful but the spa was a big dissapointment. Unfortunately I would not return again. The pool area needs a huge amount of work and refurishment.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Cork, Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I have stayed at the hotel a number of times. The staff are very friendly,helpful and welcoming. The food in both the restaurant and the bar are excellent. It is prepared to a very high standard and the service in the restaurant was fantastic. There could be more of a selection of fruit for breakfast. The standard of the rooms are excellent and if you stay in the Junior suite you will have fabulous views of the gardens. The last time I stayed I used the health spa which was extemely relaxing and great value for money. The therapist made me feel at ease and relaxed at all times. The hotel is also located to all the required amenities of Killarney town. I have really enjoyed my stays in this hotel and I would definately recommend it as a place to stay be it a romantic getaway, or a girlies get together, you will not be disappointed!!!!

Room Tip: Junior Suite is amazing- loads of space and great views!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Roberta O
Cork
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My husband & I had the pleasure in staying in this beautiful property, the team are certainly the 5 star asset.

To single out a few individuals - Apologies I did not note names -

The Spa treatments on Saturday morning were very enjoyable and the lady carrying out my treatment was excellent and customer service was second to none so thank you most sincerely. The Spa product is Elemis and I would highly recommend a treatment.

Breakfast team as a whole again were very pleasant - Two of the girls served us in the dining room for dinner and again were excellent - so thank you once again.

Dinner - Restaurant Manager assisted me in menu choice as I needed to tailor the menu slightly so thank you. We dined on a dinner inclusive package and the meal was very much enjoyable.

Reception team - 2 ladies we came across were very helpful and pleasant - definitely correctly placed on the desk as such a key area for customer service which was naturally displayed in every interaction. Well done to you both ladies.

I would certainly recommend the property for a treat away.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2012 via mobile

Loved this hotel! Junior suite was beautiful, loved the spa services, and enjoyed breakfast daily.

Stayed March 2012
Ireland
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The spa product is Elemis & they also do Eve Lom Facials.
The spa is not enormous which in my view is a plus! There are about 6-8 treatment rooms & a really gorgeous relaxation room.
Therapists are all beautiful, groomed, professional & unintrusive, so they will chat if you wish & leave you to close your eyes & enjoy your treatment.
I have chosen this spa so many times because you feel cocooned in this oasis of calm.
Treatments are excellent it goes without saying but the overall experience is what makes the spa a brilliant choice.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet but at the back you have a view of the Garden.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank AnnPLouise
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Took my partner there for a 60th birthday surprise. We were not disappointed with any aspect of our stay. They upgraded us to a Junior Suite which was the size of a small apartment! We had dinner in the Park Restaurant in the hotel on one evening and the food was just superb. A special mention for Ciaran, our waiter. He couldn't have been more helpful if he tried. A true professional at his job, he is also a mine of information about Kerry, which he was happy to share at breakfast time with us. Other staff were just as friendly and efficient. Any negatives? The dining room was very hushed! The only time when eating out I found myself wishing they would turn the background music up a tad!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DublinLass41
Boston, MA
Reviewed 24 March 2012

What sets this hotel apart is the magnificent staff. While the various sitting areas are great, the food excellent, and the rooms spacious - it is truly the kindness of the staff that sets the Killarney Park apart from the rest. I don't know how they do it but every person there was cheerful, helpful, and made my visit great. It was the perfect vacation!

Room Tip: Upper floor with a view of the gardens is lovely.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo