The Killarney Park Hotel
US$245
US$319
US$285
US$410
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$169
US$281
US$273
The Brehon(Killarney)
US$269
The Heights Hotel Killarney(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$233
Agoda.com
  • Pool
1,545 results
All reviewsgarden barjunior suitegas firebeautiful hotelturn down serviceoutdoor hot tubfavorite hotelring of kerrystar servicesitting areastar hoteltop classfrom start to finishwould highly recommend this hotelhotel bara wonderful staysecond to none
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We were excited to book and stay in this hotel but certainly don't think it deserves a 5 star rating. We had to ask a few times for tissues for the bathroom, there were no tea or coffee making facilities either. The bar didn't have the greatest atmosphere and the food expensive and not a great choice. Breakfast wasn't 5 star either, an omelette came on a huge plate with no garnish and the bread/Danish selection etc was very poor. Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful and some not so much.

We had a very unfortunate episode with some bath towels and to that end would probably not stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank melsian
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Just back from a stay at the Killarney Park. We had always heard great things about the hotel, so I was thrilled when we got a great deal for a one night stay there. The hotel itself was lovely and the staff were friendly and polite. The room, however, was not up to par for a 5 star hotel. I know we had booked through a deal, so of course you are not going to get their best rooms, but I had expected much more. The furniture was dated, the duvet cover was open at the bottom and the quilt was coming out, there was someone else's hair on the bed cover and the tv was a dinosaur. Also, there were stains on the wallaper and the tiles in the bathroom. If it was a room in a three star hotel I would have thought it was nice, but thats hardly the standard of a five star hotel. It's sister hotel, The Ross, is by far a better hotel. I won't be staying again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I've visited Killarney on a number of occasions over the past number of years but this was my first opportunity to stay in The Killarney Park Hotel. I had heard many mainly positive comments from friends and family that had stayed there so was looking forward to checking it out for myself.

Check-in was ok and as we made our way to our room it was a bell-boy who informed us we could take the elevator instead of having to use the stairs. We we got to our room we were immediately overwhelmed by the smell of stale cigarette smoke. We opened the widows to allow some air into the room and noticed a number of house-fly carcasses on the windowsill. When I repositioned one of the armchairs I found a used cotton bud on the floor. There was a thin layer of dust on all the surfaces in the room and the way that the bed had been dressed did not, in my opinion, match what I expect from a five star property.

I had a look around the hotel to check the facilities, the leisure centre, the Garden Bar and the restaurant and was't welcomed and didn't feel welcome anywhere I went in the hotel. We decided not to eat in the hotel so went into town to find a restaurant. When we returned to the hotel I placed the 'do not disturb' sign on the door as we both wanted to have on lie-in the following morning. We were awoken by a gardener using a diesel-powered hedge trimmer under our window.

I decided to go shopping in Killarney town and left and returned to the hotel on a number of occasions over about a two-hour period - despite the hotel being quiet the receptionist never once looked up to acknowledge me or to say 'good morning' or pass any comment - this is NOT five-star service.

Overall, despite the central location of The Killarney Park Hotel, my stay was disappointing. Previous stays in the Europe Hotel, the Killarney Plaza Hotel, or the Ross Hotel were much much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank GFPDUB
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Im a regular in the Killarney Park so its well time to write a review! Its one of our favourites for a drink,sunday lunch in the garden bar,elegant afternoon tea,fine dining in the Park restaurant,a visit to the spa,to celebrate a wedding and then the icing on the cake to *stay* the night ,bliss!! The Park certainly lives up to its 5* rating in every way!!

Room Tip: no need to worry even the standard rooms are welcoming and cosy!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This was an excellently located (middle of town), nicely appointed hotel. We checked in amidst a wedding reception, but the staff was attentive and we got settled in quickly. Elevators are slow and inadequate for a hotel of its size, and our key cards had a few problems. Our room was lovely with tasteful decoration, a great jaccuzzi tub and free wi-fi, also very comfortable bed!
The hotel bar was somewhat cliquish, so we travelled to another hotel bar across the street, much friendlier.The food at Killarney Park is wonderful, so beautifully prepared and served, and flavorful! Overall, it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple