“Memorable Kayaking Adventure”

Outdoors Ireland - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a leading outdoor training, adventure and bushcraft company, with a small team of highly qualified and vastly experienced instructors; dedicated to providing the best service possible. We were the first adventure company in Ireland to achieve a gold environmental award and have a fantastic Trip Advisor rating! We are celebrating our eleventh year of operation this year, 2016. Join us for an intensive training course, an extreme adventure experience, or a magical relaxing kayak tour through the Lakes of Killarney...
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Garden City, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Memorable Kayaking Adventure”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were extremely happy with the "Outdoor Ireland" kayaking adventure while visiting Killarney National Park. Nathan, the owner, was amazing at both the business end and the adventure part of the experience. In one phone call he explained the trip, troubleshooted the logistics, and booked us for an trip that would take place in just a few hours.

Once on the adventure near Ross Castle on Loch Leane, he was very professional. His first concern was always about our comfortability, well-being and safely. I could probably say he was a bit too protective, but mostly because we had kayaked multiple times in various parts of the world and felt a bit experienced.

He took us to a little island where we explored an old church and ventured into the forest where we saw some deer.

He then took us to some rock formations out in the middle of Loch Leane where we explored caves and crevices. We were able to kayak into and through some caves, which was really very unique and exciting. Nathan also had a solid grasp on the history of the area and was able to relate stories about the castle and surrounding waters.

The only comment I have was about the photography. As an avid hobby photographer, photographing this sojourn was key. Nathan was not keen on our bringing cameras. I understand that he did not want anything to happen to our equipment, but going on a trip like this without a camera was not even a consideration.Clearly, everyone has to be told it is their own responsibility should anything happen to their cameras. I really wanted to have more time to take photos and record this part of our Ireland vacation. I would recommend that he make a few stops to get photos of his customers in key locations, such as in front of the castle, in/outside the caves, on the island, etc. Fortunately, the other couple we were with took photos of us and we of them. He did offer to take a few shot of us on his camera, and I am hoping that he really does send them, as they are the only ones of my husband and I together on the water.
Thanks Ethan for a wonderful day.

Visited June 2014
OutdoorsIreland, Manager at Outdoors Ireland - Day Tours, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thanks a million for your review. We should be emailing you today with a link for your photos. Thanks again, Nathan

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kayaking and Guided Walk”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

From the beginning Mark, our guide for the walk and then later the kayak trip, was both professional and incredibly friendly. He was very knowledgeable and entertaining throughout. Had an incredible time kayaking and would certainly do it again in a heartbeat. Mark was incredible and we really can't say enough great things about him!

Visited June 2014
OutdoorsIreland, Manager at Outdoors Ireland - Day Tours, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thanks a million. I'll pass your comments onto Mark also. Hopefully see you again in the future!
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday kayaking in Killarney”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Right from the time of my first enquiry, Outdoors Ireland, struck the right note between friendly, human, and professional. I felt reassured that I would be supported and safe, both very essential for me as I contemplated my first day long kayaking trip. I joined the small group at the lakeside and immediately felt at ease as the instructors provided all the equipment needed, including the all important reassurance. We were a bunch with some to no experience but kayaked out on the lake, visited an island where we ate chocolate magicked out of the instructors bag (where had the bag been?), kayaked through a small cave (if we wanted to), and all kayaking in my own canoe, at my own pace, surrounded by spectacular peace and beauty, with the ever present voice of the instructor guiding, calming, informing. I was exhilarated and so pleased with myself. Outdoors Ireland made this possible, I was kayaking feeling like I was a pro!

Visited June 2014
Thanks so much for your great review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your kayak trip.
Newry, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Guided walk round Muckross”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We joined a group of 10 from our hotel The Muckross Park on Saturday morning with Mark as our guide. We had a thoroughly enjoyable hour and a half walk around Muckross Park. The pace was gentle and the terrain flat so it suited all abilities. Mark was very friendly and combined the history of the park with a bit of information on the parklands natural resources. The added detail of a cup of Earl Grey and a piece of chocolate rounded it all of nicely in the beautiful suroundings of the Abbey!

All in all a most enjoyable experience. Well done Mark and Outdoors Ireland

1 Thank Bernice B
Thanks Bernice. See you again in the future hopefully! Nathan
Limerick, Ireland
“Kayaking”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I am 11 years old and I did kayaking on the Killarney lake with my dad last week and I loved it, it also had a great instructor called Mark.
I absolutely loved it, and can not wait to do it again.

Visited May 2014