“Charming Old World Hotel”
Review of Randles Hotel

Randles Hotel
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Dungarvan, Ireland
“Charming Old World Hotel”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The Randles Court is a charming, comfortable hotel. The rooms are spacious but have a cosy feel and the lounge and dining areas are very relaxing. The staff are pleasant and helpful but not intrusive. The location is also good as it is in walking distance to the town. There is also plenty of parking space available and there is the excellent faciity of being pet friendly. We had a lovely relaxing stay here which suited all our family members ranging in age from twenty five to eighty nine! We would recommend it highly and will return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Brighton Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2013

If you don't mind bus load after bus load of tourist then this is a reasonable hotel. Don't get me wrong I am a tourist but found this hotel just catered to the groups. Room was big enough but on the tired side. Did notice some of the other rooms in better condition but were taken up by the bus groups. Everything was about the groups and even breakfast we were left standing as the staff were too busy attending the groups. I must say the manager was very helpful with information regarding the area when we were alone in the bar area.

Room Tip: If you are not part or a tour group. Good luck !!!!
1 Thank Brightonchick_10
Cork
Reviewed 24 June 2013

just back from a very enjoyable family break in killarney (june 21-23). I am very glad that we chose the Randles Court as our base. The staff, the rooms, the pool, the food were excellent. My experience with the staff at this hotel started well before we ever checked in, as I was booking so many rooms to begin with. I was on the phone and email for at least a week beforehand -upgrading rooms, changing sleeping arrangements and so forth. Nothing was ever too much trouble at all, and the girls in reception and reservations were extremely helpful and accommodating.
The Hotel itself is just a short walk from the town centre - not more than 10 mins (and that was with a 5 yr old straggling along).
The room was perfect for our stay, lovely comfy beds, and warm.
The breakfast was fab... nice menu to choose from and the waiting staff were really pleasant.
we didn't do dinner in this hotel, so I cannot comment, but the grub in Kayne's Bar/Bistro next door in the Dromhall (Randles' sister) was beautiful.
I have stayed in lots of places in Killarney over the past, and I must say that most definitely, we will return to the Randles. It was really good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Ennetbuergen, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Everything in this house is absolutely great. If we ever will come back to Irland, we will stay for more nights in this lovely and awesome Hotel.
Thanks to all the people working in that house. You are doing a great Job.

Cork
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Just spent a night at the Randles & I have to say I was very impressed. Got our room at a great rate & I wasn't expecting too much when I saw the exterior of this hotel but that's why I am writing this review as it has to be seen to be appreciated inside. I would happily recommend this hotel to anybody & i feel tourists in particular would appreciate it. I got a cooked breakfast served directly from the kitchen as opposed to sitting in a ban-marie for long periods of time.A full Irish breakfast is well known & it is fantastic that this hotel has retained this way of service. As I was attending a wedding in another hotel on this road I didn't get a chance to avail of leisure facilities or dinner etc. I will definitely return very soon & will extend my visit to include all this.The girl on reception was an absolute pleasure to deal with, she was so polite,friendly & enthusiastic that others in the hospitality sector would learn a thing or two from her (sorry didn't take note of her name she was on friday afernoon/saturday morning). This hotel is a must for a stay in killarney as the location of it is so convenient to the town or the INEC or muckross park. I have recommended this hotel to my friends & family & will continue to do so. Keep up the top class finishing touches its the small things that some people notice & I certainly did.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This was a lovely hotel, within a short walking distance to the town center and to several tourist attractions. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, and the bathroom was fabulous.

Carrying heavy bags to some of the rooms may be a bit cumbersome due to series of short steps, but otherwise this hotel was terrific. Can't comment on the food or room service as we did not make use of those.

Room Tip: If accessibility is an issue, as for a room that is specifically available by the elevator...no stai...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Ireland
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed here for a hill-walking trip as it is ideally located near the mountains. Rooms are really spacious and well laid out. The bathroom was modern, bright & airy. The staff were very friendly and helpful and apologised for the boy racers that were in town that weekend!
Randles is just a few minutes walk from town and a short cycle to the lakes. We were a large group but they still served lovely dinners, filled our flasks in the morning and sent us off with great breakfasts.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends