“Exceptional service, friendly knowledge staff.”
Review of Randles Hotel

Randles Hotel
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Ballymore Eustace, Ireland
“Exceptional service, friendly knowledge staff.”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed just one night, wish we stayed a second night. Great service, friendly staff who provided information and shared their experiences of places to see/visit/dine and even a drink or three!!!. The room was very nice, comfortable, spotless, and easy to access as it was just around the corner from the elevator. The fires were all lit around the lobby which made it very inviting to sit, relax and even enjoy another beverage. Shane and Didier in particular stood out, you want to know about golf then Shane is your man for sure. Didier directed us to a little French bakery that was fantastic!!!! This hotel is located 5 to 7 minutes walk from the Main st. Susan Randle who is in charge of Sales even took the time to stop and introduce herself, gave us a little history on the property and showed us the sister property next door. She cared about making sure that we were really enjoying our stay, something I must say is sadly missing from the hotel industry in Ireland. We would strongly recommend this hotel and will send all our clients.

Room Tip: Ask to be close to the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Cong
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and myself enjoyed a recent stay at the Randles Court. We were pleasantly surprised at the level of comfort in the room in particular the comfortable bed, we had booked a standard room. Generally I find hotel beds too hard but this bed was great and the rooms we discovered later, had been recently refurbished.
Breakfast was nice and generous, not the usual steamed hot Irish breakfast found in many an establishment, why can't all places cook it to order like here??
We enjoyed the fireside reading area and the papers after breakfast, a luxury we don't often get to appreciate with young children when at home.
Location was a short stroll from Killarney town, which we found great for enjoying our evening out, no need for a car or even a taxi if not too late.
A beautiful little hotel with lovely staff, and Kayne's next door was nice for lunch a pint and watching the rugby match.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MRdinnerjacketandtie
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The best thing was the staff. Everyone was really nice to us. We felt like home. The rooms are cozy, clean, big windows, the bed was really confortable. The bathroom was new. Breakfast was delicious.

Internet acess wasn't that nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the front view of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank marianadpl
Navan, Ireland
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Over St. Patrick,s weekend my husband and I were once again enjoying the delights of Kerry, its scenery and the friendliness of the people make it iresistable to us and travelling 5 hours from Meath never puts us off.We have stayed in the Randles Court on a number of occasions and love its old world charm combined with style and comfort.On Sunday 16th March my husband drove to Dingle while I browsed the shops in Killarney. We were not staying in The Randles Court this time,we were in a different part of Kerry. We had, however, agreed to meet in The Randles Court some time later. Having been recently ill I was glad to reach the comfort of the sitting room in the hotel and rest. Unfortunately when I stood up at one stage I collapsed. While not quite unconscious I was very unwell and unable to communicate well.Within seconds a staff member was kneeling beside me,taking my pulse while issuing instructions for blankets,pillows,water and to call a doctor.He spoke continuously to me to keep me semi-alert,reassured me I was alright and managed to get some medical details from me.This gentleman,his name is Didier, never left my side until a doctor arrived some time later.In the background,a lady, whom I later learned was Mrs. Randles, quietly assisted him and comforted me. Nobody panicked and everything continued around us, this I was only vaguely aware of. Didier took care of me with the expertise of a very efficient medical consultant, writing notes each time he checked my pulse and noting my fluid intake etc.Having managed to contact my husband they reassured him that I was alright and a doctor was en route. Fortunately, by the time the doctor arrived I was beginning to come round, thanks to the speedy intervention of Didier, Mrs. Randles and the rest of the staff who helped out. When my husband arrived he was given tea and refreshments after consulting with the doctor.I didn't require hospitalisation because of the prompt and wonderful care I received from the staff in the hotel. When I felt able I was also given tea and refreshments, kept wrapped up in blankets and eventually brought to our car in a wheelchair they provided.Having been in a couple of A&E's recently the government would do well to visit The Randles Court to see an example of real care and attention,and what can be achieved very quickly with prompt intervention.We cannot thank Mrs. Randles and her staff enough,in particular Didier.It indicates further the genuine care and attention they show in every aspect of this very lovely hotel. I am recovering,Thank God,and I look forward to staying in The Randles Court in the coming months when I can thank everyone personally, and enjoy the delights of the hotel from a vertical position!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maria K
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I've never come across with such a terrible value for money situation. They must have hired a really top notch photographer in order to make this horrible establishment look attractive. There is a serious case of false advertisement here. The room photos up on booking.com have nothing to do with reality. I should have read the negative comments here before going on and booking a room with them. The pool hours are limited and the advertised 32sq meters of the rooms is a LIE. A V O I D. Rooms were NOT AS ADVERTISED on website - no luxury what so ever. Breakfast is also poor and limited not worth paying that extra 15euro for it. We were there for our anniversary and this spoiled our plans completely. Icing on the cake, they tried to overcharge us on our way out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Siobhan O
Felixthecat99, Owner at Randles Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you Martha, John & Siobhan for your multiple reviews on Trip advisor, Facebook & Booking.com.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and I apologise if we did not deliver your required service levels. Unfortunately we did not have your booking in our system on arrival and Laura our receptionist on duty endeavored to get you checked in as quickly as possible and checked you in to room 224 - one of our Signature bedrooms. Laura expalined that online bookings are not received immediatley hence that was the issue - our mistake. Our process for processing online bookings has been reviewed and changed

The bedroom in the website & bookings.com for Signature bedrooms is room 222 and is virtually identical to room 224. The online images for Signatures are a very accurate representation of reality which can also be seen from tripadvisor reviewers "actual images". The room offers non standard extras like IPOD docking stations, pillow topped Mattresses, DVD Players, Partial views, large comfy armchairs, Walk in Power Shower, deluxe Amenities etc,etc.. These rooms are very popular and we receive a lot of excellent feedback as can be seen from previous reviews.

Our walls are not paper thin and they are actually additionally insulated with special soundproofing material. There also was no baby staying on that floor on the evening in question. Could be the demons.....

You say that our breakfast was poor and limited. We have replied to you looking for further clarification on this. Our breakfast menu offers a cold Buffet with an option of 10 additional hot dishes cooked to order from our Kitchen including your traditional Cooked Irish, Pancakes or French toast.

On checkout there was an incorrect charge on your bill which once advised of we immediately removed.

I fully accept that we made an error on your arrival and there was an incorrect charge on your bill on checkout but I do feel that your comments are overly harsh - Poorest 4 star in the world- horrible establishment - false advertisement - torture-chancers-overpriced.

I also think your point in relation to 70 year olds is a little unfair - there are plenty who are online and very up to speed. We are delighted to accept people of all ages from new borns to those in excess of 100. We had a 100 year old lady stay here last year with her family for her birthday. I don’t know if she was on line but she was a nice singer

If you look at Tripadvisor where we score 88% of Booking.com where we score 89% your comments would not fully comply with general opinion.

Certainly we get things wrong at times and when it happens we do our utmost to fix the issue. When you threatened us with Social Media we could not react with what you wanted to issues that were not really there.

Tom Randles
General Manager (not a chancer)
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My partner and I stayed here in February and the view of the snowcapped mountains at the front of the hotel made it feel like an alpine resort. The fires were always lighting in the 2 lounge rooms and the service was excellent. We stayed for 2 nights bed and breakfast for €152 which was really good value. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are big and really comfortable. There's a sense of peace about the place and there's free peanuts with your drinks!! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
Felixthecat99, Owner at Randles Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thanks Gav 94 for your reccommendation. The mountains are lovely especially when snowcapped. Nice to sit bu a cosy fire when it is chilly outside.

Look forward to welcoming you back and we will have the peanuts ready

Tom
Cork
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My family and I stayed at your lovely hotel during the midterm in February,. Really enjoyed your hotel, Small critic the plaster falling off the walls in the pool? PS:- Your staff are a credit to you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Gina

Thanks for staying with us and we are having the plaster issue resolved ASAP.

Tom R