“A lovely place to stay”

Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Dublin, Ireland
“A lovely place to stay”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed here for 3 nights recently, and we had a lovely time. The rooms are very comfortable. The staff very friendly and helpful. They have an old fashioned look, but it's not dated. It was also quite reasonably priced

They've a very nice heated indoor pool. But if I was to have one small quibble it would be that the sauna and steamroom were not anywhere near hot enough. But that's a minor issue.

All in all I can absolutely recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Johnny H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
limerick
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Having read another review after booking ,i was worried i had made a mistake,how wrong I was.
This hotel is a great escape for a break away,the staff are friendly ,the food is first class,the breakfast selection is more like a lunch ,Our bedroom was lovely and large compared to other four star hotels, and for a change the shower was separate from the bath ! I will definitely with my husband return.thank you for a lovely experience.

Room Tip: Jug of water in room would be the final touch
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank shamrockLimerick
cavan
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Great hotel will be back & would recommend to friends, very comfy rooms especially the beds 5 star. bar very relaxing plenty of open fires to sit around. Staff very helpful. Within walking distance of town & free parking huge plus

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ninil
Ballymore Eustace, Ireland
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed just one night, wish we stayed a second night. Great service, friendly staff who provided information and shared their experiences of places to see/visit/dine and even a drink or three!!!. The room was very nice, comfortable, spotless, and easy to access as it was just around the corner from the elevator. The fires were all lit around the lobby which made it very inviting to sit, relax and even enjoy another beverage. Shane and Didier in particular stood out, you want to know about golf then Shane is your man for sure. Didier directed us to a little French bakery that was fantastic!!!! This hotel is located 5 to 7 minutes walk from the Main st. Susan Randle who is in charge of Sales even took the time to stop and introduce herself, gave us a little history on the property and showed us the sister property next door. She cared about making sure that we were really enjoying our stay, something I must say is sadly missing from the hotel industry in Ireland. We would strongly recommend this hotel and will send all our clients.

Room Tip: Ask to be close to the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John C
Cong
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and myself enjoyed a recent stay at the Randles Court. We were pleasantly surprised at the level of comfort in the room in particular the comfortable bed, we had booked a standard room. Generally I find hotel beds too hard but this bed was great and the rooms we discovered later, had been recently refurbished.
Breakfast was nice and generous, not the usual steamed hot Irish breakfast found in many an establishment, why can't all places cook it to order like here??
We enjoyed the fireside reading area and the papers after breakfast, a luxury we don't often get to appreciate with young children when at home.
Location was a short stroll from Killarney town, which we found great for enjoying our evening out, no need for a car or even a taxi if not too late.
A beautiful little hotel with lovely staff, and Kayne's next door was nice for lunch a pint and watching the rugby match.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MRdinnerjacketandtie
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The best thing was the staff. Everyone was really nice to us. We felt like home. The rooms are cozy, clean, big windows, the bed was really confortable. The bathroom was new. Breakfast was delicious.

Internet acess wasn't that nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the front view of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank marianadpl
Navan, Ireland
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Over St. Patrick,s weekend my husband and I were once again enjoying the delights of Kerry, its scenery and the friendliness of the people make it iresistable to us and travelling 5 hours from Meath never puts us off.We have stayed in the Randles Court on a number of occasions and love its old world charm combined with style and comfort.On Sunday 16th March my husband drove to Dingle while I browsed the shops in Killarney. We were not staying in The Randles Court this time,we were in a different part of Kerry. We had, however, agreed to meet in The Randles Court some time later. Having been recently ill I was glad to reach the comfort of the sitting room in the hotel and rest. Unfortunately when I stood up at one stage I collapsed. While not quite unconscious I was very unwell and unable to communicate well.Within seconds a staff member was kneeling beside me,taking my pulse while issuing instructions for blankets,pillows,water and to call a doctor.He spoke continuously to me to keep me semi-alert,reassured me I was alright and managed to get some medical details from me.This gentleman,his name is Didier, never left my side until a doctor arrived some time later.In the background,a lady, whom I later learned was Mrs. Randles, quietly assisted him and comforted me. Nobody panicked and everything continued around us, this I was only vaguely aware of. Didier took care of me with the expertise of a very efficient medical consultant, writing notes each time he checked my pulse and noting my fluid intake etc.Having managed to contact my husband they reassured him that I was alright and a doctor was en route. Fortunately, by the time the doctor arrived I was beginning to come round, thanks to the speedy intervention of Didier, Mrs. Randles and the rest of the staff who helped out. When my husband arrived he was given tea and refreshments after consulting with the doctor.I didn't require hospitalisation because of the prompt and wonderful care I received from the staff in the hotel. When I felt able I was also given tea and refreshments, kept wrapped up in blankets and eventually brought to our car in a wheelchair they provided.Having been in a couple of A&E's recently the government would do well to visit The Randles Court to see an example of real care and attention,and what can be achieved very quickly with prompt intervention.We cannot thank Mrs. Randles and her staff enough,in particular Didier.It indicates further the genuine care and attention they show in every aspect of this very lovely hotel. I am recovering,Thank God,and I look forward to staying in The Randles Court in the coming months when I can thank everyone personally, and enjoy the delights of the hotel from a vertical position!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple