“Excellent service”

Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Dublin
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2009

We are just back from a hiking weekend to Killarney, staying at the Randles Court. With over a hundred in our party, the staff managed serve our breakfast and dinner with speed, grace and good humour. The food was excellent as well. Many thanks to the hotel for their hard work and for providing such good service. The only downside was that we managed to reduce their hot water tank to its murky bottom but I guess that's not too surprising given over a hundred of us all came down from the hills wet and cold. Probably unlikely to happen again!

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank MayMargaret

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Limerick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2009

As a group of girls who do not meet up very often and wanted a nice relaxing weekend away with the option of hitting the town on the Saturday night we chose The Randles Court Hotel for its relaxing ambience and yet excellant location so close to the town (5minutes) with no noise from traffic in the bedrooms. The staff are so friendly, helpful and attentive but yet not intrusive the hotel has a lovely old world decor with a beautiful relaxing sitting room like area with a very cosy atmosphere food was excellant, bedrooms are extremely spacious. I had a facial in the spa that was excellant, the treatment rooms were very relaxing and the staff were very professional and friendly I would highly recommend the hotel and out of all the hotels I have stayed in Killarney this is the one I would return to. I will definitely be back. Thanks Sean for all the excellant advise at reception!!! Mary Limerick

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Randles Court for 3 nights. It is located only 5 minutes walk from the town centre, and 3 minutes from the National Park. Great location to park the car and enjoy transport on foot for a change. Food in the hotel was beautiful too, we ate breakfast and 1 dinner there and found the staff very attentive without intruding. I needed internet access which was available wireless, and the staff checked to make sure I had been able to access this afterwards. We got a great value deal also. The hotel is older style decor but is well kept. Our room was spacious and there are also 3 areas separate to the dining area where one can sit and read or have a drink.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2009

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights from new years eve 2008 and can honestly say it was one of the best hotels I have stayed in for comfort, friendliness and overall ambiance. The staff are extremely polite and courteous and went out of their way to ensure we had an enjoyable stay. We had a champagne reception together with a wonderful dinner on new years eve and a lovely walk around Killarney National Park on NEw years day. The location of the hotel is superb with only a 5 minute walk into the centre of Killarney. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend. We had heard good things about is but it did not live up to expectations. The staff try very hard, and are mostly courteous and friendly; however some of the management have no business dealing with customers. Unfortunately we enountered a few problems which were not resolved to our satisfaction. Food is great, but swimming pool is run down and water doesn't seem to be treated properly. We are frequent visitors to Kilarney. Next time we won't be staying at the Randles Court.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank IrelandWeekender08
TomRandles, owner at Randles Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2009
Dear Ireland Weekender 08,

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your weekend in The Randles Court Hotel and that you encountered some problems during your stay. Unfortunately as I do not have your specific details I cannot look into the matter and as it was October makes more difficult.

Please contact me directly on tom@randleshotels.com so as that I can try to rectify the matter for you. As a family run hotel the complete satisfaction of our customers is paramount .

In relation to our swimming pool please be assured that it Automatically treated and water samples checking water quality are taken every hour and noted. If there is any deviance in these levels they will be very quickly spotted. We use no chemicals in our pool yet instead use a Ozone cleaning system which is one of the most modern & efficeint systems and creates a natural filtration. Our swimming pool & Spa area are annually inspected by The RAC and Tourism quality sevices.

I apologise that you did not enjoy it. If you have time to contact me maybe we can discuss the matter,

My very best Regards

Tom Randles
Your Host
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2009

My Partner and I stayed in the Randle Court Hotel over the xmas and had a wonderful time. Over all i would give the hotel 5 out of 5.

It was clean and quite, the staff were excellent and very helpful. The ambiance of the hotel was very homely and welcoming.

A special compliment to the manager who was always very pleasent (even though he was getting married during our stay!!!!).

I would reccmend this hotel

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2008

We chose The Randles as we needed a relaxing break on our own, left our toddler with my parents - and had a great time! The hotel is brilliantly located, the area is quiet, no noise from traffic and you can still walk into Killarney (in your heels!). The staff are so friendly and helpful and the hotel has a lovely old world charm and a very cosy atmosphere. I had a massage and facial in the spa that were fantastic. Again, very professional and friendly staff and the treatment rooms were very relaxing.
It was our third time staying at the Randles and we will definitely be back! Much recommended.

• Liked — Atmosphere in the hotel
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008