“Excellent stay and most amazing wedding venue”
Review of Randles Hotel

Randles Hotel
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 22 June 2009

We recently had our wedding hosted at this hotel and were blown away with how well it all turned out. The staff were so friendly and professional and went out of there way to make sure every little detail turned out perfectly. Food was a huge surprise since we hadn't had a chance to sample it beforehand, and we both enjoyed what little we had (busy, busy) but our guests also commented on how yummy everything was. We spent the night in the honeymoon suite, but also had a chance to peek into our friends who stayed there also and all the rooms are quite large and roomy. Showers were lovely and steamy hot and great for washing away the wedding stress.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Randles Hotel

Reviewed 15 June 2009

Stayed here April 2009. Had a great stay, good location about 5-10 minutes walk from downtown. Rooms were spacious, bathroom was nice, very clean. Breakfast was included with our room and it was fine, a few different options rather than the full Irish which I'm a fan of, my wife not as much. She ordered cheese and crackers which had some excellent cheeses. Didn't dine there in the evening so can't comment on that. We would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2009

What a disappointment this hotel turned out to be. We were quite happy when we checked in as the hotel looked charming the staff were friendly and the room was large enough what you would expect in a 4 star. It was very cold even though was in May. We went out and looked around the town and on our return went to our room and it was freezing. We checked the heater and did not seem to be working. We rang reception and they said the heating had just been turned on. I did not quite understand this however it soon warmed up. About 2am in the morning we woke up and were freezing the heater was again not working. I was appalled and rang reception. They said the heating is turned off at night. I said we were freezing and demand that our heat be turned back on. Unfortunately this could not be done as was on a timer and the best they could do was an extra blanket. I had to accept this. We complained on checkout and happened to get the manager. He was very nice and said that the rooms get overheated and the guests complain which is why they only have the heat on for a few hours a day. We found this unbelievable as what he was stating is the guests must be idiots as they cannot control their own heating. My husband and I have stayed all over the world and this is the first time in any hotel let alone a 4 star that this has happened. The manager gave us a good discount however I would of preferred to have been warm and paid the account. We were bitterly disappointed ,as this hotel is a 4 star and quite expensive. I would of preferred to have stayed in a budget hotel and been warm. Do yourself a favour stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ROAMING9
TomRandles, Owner at Randles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2009

Dear Roaming 69,

Thank you for your review and I apologise that you encountered the problems with our family run 4 star hotel. I am glad that you found the hotel charming and the staff friendly and that you had a nice large room.

Yes we do control the heating in the hotel and turn it on and off as to create a pleasant temperature throughout the hotel.

The reasons we do this are 2 fold.

1. If we left the heating on all the time the rooms and public areas would become too hot and uncomfortable for guests. Even during the coldest of winter this is not necessary and especially not in may (even an Irish may averaged 17 degrees).

2. We endeavour to be as green as possible in all our practises from recycling waste, using solar lighting, eco friendly cleanibg chemicals and most importantly our heat management. To leave heating on all day is environmentally incorrect and damaging.

I am sorry that this effected you but I can assure you that we monitor our heating very closely to insure guest comfort.

I recall chatting with you on your departure. I appreciate you taking time to post your comments but I can assure that it is a very rare event that we never have problems with this.

I do hope that you enjoyed the rest of our trip in Europe and I do hope that you enjoyed Ireland.

Regards

Tom Randles

Reviewed 4 June 2009

had a wonderful time at Randles,one thing i missed was no music at night otherwise great holiday.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2009

I had only planned to stay one night, but ended up extending my stay for another night. The Hotel location is perfect. Its walking distance to the lively spots, but still extremely quite to ensure a good night sleep.
We were given a very warm welcome and shown to our rooms, which were fantastic with modern furniture and plenty of space. I enjoyed a trip to Kenmare and also managed to get a quick swim in on the famous Inch Beach.
There is a wonderful terrace area where we enjoyed a beautiful bottle of Prosecco under the Kerry sunshine.
I will be back to Kerry and will certainly stay here again.

Many thanks to all the staff, who couldn't do enough

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Stayed at the Randles Court recently and had a lovely stay - the rooms, service and food were all of a very high standard. Location very central. Bedrooms lovely and service was fantastic. Would definatly stay there again on my next visit to Killarney.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2009

My husband and I just returned from a weekend and we could not wait to praise the hotelThe staff were fantastic,  really helpful and friendly.   On our first night we eat in checkers the food was suberb and the service excellant.  Our room which was a superior room was spacious and very clean.  The facilities at the hotel ie Zen day spa and the leisure centre were also excellant.  We would recommand anyone to stay and will certainly be visiting ourselves again. Catherine and Jerry, Cork

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple