“Fantastic Restaurant ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I love this restaurant! The service is excellent and the food is superb. I am a frequent diner here and have sampled the majority of the menu and can definitely say that there is something on the menu for everybody, no matter how spicy you like your food. The staff are most welcoming and always bring service with a smile!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a cute, warm , friendly restaurant. The food was delicious and the prices were very reasonable. Wait staff were friendly and courteous and seemed very happy to be working there.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This restaurant has the least authentic Mexican food I've ever eaten. It was upsetting because the service was so nice! but I can not give a "Mexican" restaurant that does not serve Mexican food more than 2 stars. I went with an American friend who could not finish the meal because it was bland and nothing like he had in America, or in Mexico. I thought the food was okay, but overpriced for the quality.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Here we are in rainy Killarney..

A lovely place to spend your birthday.. Even if it is raining huh? Thus is the Emerald Isle after all, so the rain is pretty important I guess.. Although just a little bit less whilst having a wander would be good . Ahh well..

On route we stopped off at this amazing candy store, and Charly the candyman was a wonderful chap.. Bought some homemade candy to take home (if it lasts that long!) ..

Also he suggested a place for the special birthday supper .. A Mexican joint.. And it looked cool as..

So back to the hotel to dry off then into the spa to re-vitalise..

Revitalised and a cab to the restaurant.. Greeted warmly by the staff and the chef (John ) .. Who was having a cup of something hot, this seems to be a husband and wife affair with a really helpful Spanish? Server she was cool .

After staring st the menu a good while we went for nachos to start.. And they didn’t disappoint. Good nachos, ok Chef John explained that they couldn’t make them in- house as they just can’t get good enough flour round these parts.. Yet I tell ya these were good chips. Shame they were not warmed yet they were good and the guacamole was superb!! One if the best I think I have ever eaten.. Honest!

For mains went for a meat sharing platter for me & Mrs Fitz. Comprising if chicken strips in panko crumb,, tender and crunchy.. A chilli that ok didn’t have the white kidney beans I like yet was of very good taste indeedo Some meatballs in a good sauce, also took in a couple if ‘extras’ ..

Chorizo that was punchy ( reckon Mr Fitz’s home made ones are richer though x) and some cheese croquettes for Mrs Fitz.. Dunno if it was the tough day travelling, wandering and spa-ing, yet this got demolished !

Washed down with a couple of salty sweet well made margaritas ..

FULL now .. FULL!!

It’s my birthday though and I’ll burst if I want to.. Burst if I want to.

Hit desert . Mango icecream cake.. V good, and an express cup of chocolate mixed with chilli.. If this had come with churros I would have wept with pleasure. It still was good though.

What a taste (very) full (for sure!) way to spend a birthday meal. Happy birthday to me x thanks Mrs Fitz.

Love you .

Sleep required now .. Nite nite

cookingwithmrfitz.com

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stumbled across this restaurant and was very happy we did as I had one of the best meals Ive ever eaten! The restaurant was decorated beautifully and the service was exceptional. There is so much to chose from on the menu. We had some tapas to start and then a burrito and the chicken fajitas. The food was cooked and presented perfectly and tasted amazing. It is exactly what you want in Mexican food, would love to go back if ever in Killarney again. Cannot recommend it enough!