Lake Hotel
US$209
US$202
US$459
US$390
The Heights Hotel Killarney(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$101
  • Restaurant
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$201
Innisfallen Hotel(Fossa)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$112
2,448 results
All reviewsfour postercastle ruinscastlelough restauranthuggard familymaster deluxe roomred deerjacuzzi bathnew wingnational parkposter bedlough leanering of kerryold worldmain restaurantrelaxing breakmuckross housetorc waterfall
Reviewed 9 September 2012

The Lake Hotel is sitting on the shores of Lough Lein and we enjoyed sitting in the breathtaking surroundings while we dined on a lovely lunch! Our waiter Kabir was most attentive,as usual.It was great to see the sun lounge so busy and everyone enjoying the very tasty food.The roast lamb was so tender and presentation was perfect,my husband was well satisfied! My goats cheese on onion marmalade in a pastry parcel was so creamy and scrummy!! A gentleman and his wife sitting near us ordered tea and scones,again a winner on presentation,the jam arrived in a tiny kilner jar and the cream in a glass shot glass! Super trendy! For a lite bite or a 4 course lunch The Lake ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Kerryman_7, General Manager at Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear Guest,
Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your recent lunch at the hotel. Thank you for mentioning Kabir who served you during your visit he is a valued member of our team who has now been with us over 10 years I will pass your kind comments on to him. I’m glad that you were happy with the food that you received Paul in the kitchen and his team are constantly creating new menus and tasty dishes for our guests to enjoy and I’m glad that you were impressed by the quality of food that they produce. As you mentioned we also have the light bites also such as tea and scones and afternoon tea which can be taken in our main lounge looking out at the Mc Carthy Mór Castle or in the bistro looking out at the lakes and passing deer. Whether the sun is shining outside or if the rain is pouring down you will feel warm and cosy in the comfort of the hotel. Thank you once again for posting such a nice review and I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

The Lake Hotel is perfectly located for a break in south west Ireland. The service and setting are idyllic. Stayed for 7 nights and used as a base for golf, Tralee, Kileen and Old Head of Kinsale. Also managed to spend an afternoon at the Killarney races...

• Stayed: August 2012
Kerryman_7, General Manager at Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review about the Lake Hotel. Yes we are indeed very lucky with our wonderful location which is right in Killarney’s beautiful national park but only minutes from town so the best of both worlds really. Thank you for your comments regarding the service you received, our team work very hard to ensure that our guests feel comfortable and at home during their time at the hotel and its nice to see that their efforts don’t go unnoticed. I’m glad to see that you availed of the golf during your visit we have some fantastic golf courses in Killarney and its surrounds our reservations department can even organise special rates for our guests at many of the courses so always make sure and let them know if you are booking a round of golf. Once again thank you for writing such a complimentary review about our hotel I hope that we can welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

What could I say that has not already been said. A fantastic hotel with picture postcard views. The prices in the bar & bistro were very reasonable & the food was good. The Irish folk singers of an evening help to give it a traditional touch.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review about the Lake Hotel. Yes we are very lucky to be in such a magnificent setting with the lakes, mountains and the wildlife on our doorstep. The Devil’s punchbowl bar and bistro and our Castlelough restaurant are the perfect place to unwind from the everyday stresses of life and enjoy the good things that life has to offer. Thank you for your comment regarding our musicians I will pass this on to them as its always nice to hear that the guests are happy with the entertainment offered to them. I hope that we can welcome you back soon again to the Kingdom.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I am back from a 4 night stay at the Lake Hotel and had to acknowledge how much I enjoyed my break and stay. What a breathtaking location and setting and I had a truly relaxing few days. Everything about the hotel was of the highest standard and I can only compliment the staff and management to the highest allocate – it really makes a difference to stay in a hotel where the staff are genuinely interested – it was really a home away from home experience. I also want to compliment the chefs on the food and I particularly enjoyed the wonderful bar food and breakfast – such a variety (self service) and again everything to such a high standard. I have to mention in particular that I really liked your brown bread – it’s really great to have hotels making their own, not the shop bought variety that has now become common place or just standard toast – delicious and a nice added extra - the muffins! I could go on – I was lucky enough to have a Superior Single Room (with balcony) overlooking the lake and Mac Carthy's Mor Castle and it just made my stay. There are lovely leisurely walks around the hotel or just to sit on the well spaced garden seats. Killarney town is the ideal distance and eventhough it is only minutes away the setting of the Hotel ensures enough distance to relax and unwind. Well done to all involved as this doesn’t just happen or come together without the hard work of all the staff at all levels – keep up the great work and I wish you all a very successful Autumn/Winder Season.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Kerryman_7, General Manager at Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review about your recent stay with us. It is always particularly nice to hear such praise for our team who we feel are really dedicated to ensuring that all of our guests receive an excellent service and a friendly welcome. This year our family is celebrating 100 years in the Irish hospitality industry and hospitality for us is something that gives us the opportunity to stand out from the norm we couldn’t do that without our staff. I will pass your compliments on to our kitchen regarding your dining experience and particularly regarding our brown bread I agree the homemade version is always far superior to shop bought and although labour intensive it is well worth the effort. I’m glad that you enjoyed your room looking out at the Mc Carthy Mór Castle and the beauty of the lake and the mountains. I hope that we can welcome you back to the Kingdom soon and thank you most sincerely for posting such a nice review.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

I was debating whether to book a hotel in the centre of Killarney itself or one further out, near the National Park. In the end I went for this one and I was entirely satisfied with it. The most impressive aspect of the hotel must be its setting, right on the edge of a lake with the mountains beyond. The National Park can be accessed by a 5 minute walk and is ideal for walks/runs.

The hotel itself is a historic building, with lots of dark wood panelling inside, giving it a 'castle' feel. I got the impression that the room I was given was by no means the best the hotel had to offer - it had a slightly dated feel and it was near the entrance so I could hear people arriving and leaving, but there was nothing seriously wrong with it. It was comfortable and was priced reasonably, so I can't complain.

I ate in the restaurant one evening - it's quite a grand affair, with a panoramic view of the lake. The food was excellent and quite reasonably priced.

Bad points? Hotel isn't particularly modern, but that may be a good thing depending on your taste. Neither Wi-Fi, nor wired internet access appeared to be available in the rooms, although there was a computer room with access to the internet.

All the staff I dealt with were friendly and helpful throughout the stay, and I'd have no worries about staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Kerryman_7, General Manager at Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Just a quick note to thank you for writing such a nice review about The Lake Hotel. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our location and the beauty of the nature around us, we are very privileged to have such a wonderful spot for the hotel. I’m glad that you were satisfied with your room. We have many different room types ranging from our standard woodland view rooms to our superior master deluxe lake view rooms which gives our guests a great selection from which to choose depending on their requirements. I’m glad that you choose to dine at our Castlelough Restaurant during your stay our head chefs Paul and Colman work very hard in ensuring high standards and variety in menus while maintaining a reasonable price for our guests. I will pass your kind comments on to them. In regards your constructive criticism we do have an old style décor as we feel its more in keeping with the historical element of the hotel but we do try to offer modern conveniences such as Jacuzzi baths, room fridges, ironing facilities and “all mod cons as they say” to our guests for their comfort during their stay. We do have Wi-Fi throughout the building at times it can be slow which is something we are trying to address at present. We do as you mention in your review have the library which has two computers for guests to use (free of charge) as a backup should it be required. Thank you for your comments regarding the staff being friendly I will pass those on to our team. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and thank you once again for taking the time to post this review.