Holiday Inn Killarney
Gleneagle Hotel(Killarney)
Cahernane House(Killarney)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsswimming pooltwo double bedsgood sizeleisure centrefamily suitetown centrebar foodbit datedthe pubring of kerrystayed one nightboth morningsnational parksaddlersreceptionistinecsauna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2008

We were booked into this hotel through a globus tour and even the tour guide said that she wasn't happy with this hotel but she had no authority to change it. First, I asked to be changed from the hall by the pool because of the chlorine fumes and was put in a suite on the second floor. But at two am I was awakened by a young man who was in the lot outside my window removing dirty linen. He raised and lowered the noisy lift on the truck at least ten times. I could actually see his face and he looked as if he was oblivious to the fact that it was 2 am. I called the next morning and asked if I could expect to hear that noise again the next night and they said no but they didn't make a great effort to apologize for my lack of sleep.

The hotel also had no air conditioning. I think that is just unheard of in this time and age.

The room was clean enough but had a lot of dings on the walls.
Breakfast was adequate. The best time we had there was with our tour mates at the bar.

Globus needs to upgrade its accommodations in Killarney. They will be getting a letter from me.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 3 April 2008

After seeing the Ring of Kerry we were exhausted and looked forward to a good night sleep. Instead we got a small room that smelled of smoke and kids running up and down the hallways even after we brought it to the front desk's attention. They said they were full and others within our tour group had to deal with smoke filled rooms as well.

Our window overlooked the back parking lot and we continued to have a very noisy night. Internet access was expensive to the point we did without. The staff did not seem as friendly as all other hotels we stayed at in Ireland.

• Stayed: March 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 11 March 2008

We stayed at the holiday inn Killarney in February. The staff are very nice and helpful especially towards young children.

The hotel bedrooms are ok, some of the walls are a bit worn/tired looking with crayons/markers on walls. Food in the restaurant was fair. Breakfasts was only alright, their juices weren't great, no muffins or pastries on display, but were on menu? Didn't have any drinks in bar or any food there so can't comment.

The swimming pool is small and there was about 10 people in the pool playing football each time we went, so we couldn't swim there with our toddler with fear of been hit with ball.

Our opinion: it is an average very child friendly 3-star hotel. The staff is the hotels best point, they are very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 4 January 2008

The Hotel is not one building but a series of blocks, Towers and Houses, with swimming pool etc.

I stayed with my wife and daughter along with a group of friends and their kids, We all agreed that the reception,Lobby and Bar areas were not suited to the Volume of people that stay there. we felt that if we brought our own furniture (Chairs & tables ) we would of had the perfect stay.

However the staff were Amazing both Restaurant and Bar , the rooms were ample and very well maintained and there are lots for kids of all ages and no time pressures on them.
The main downer is that if you didnt get somewhere to sit by 7pm on th weekend well just go to your room and forget about it.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank CoolCleanHero
Reviewed 4 December 2007

My boyfriend and I booked a romantic weekend at the hotel and used it as an opportunity to do some early Christmas shopping.
When we first booked in the room type which we had selected and had been confirmed by letter form the hotel was not available. The Receptionist told me that someone messed up but it basically wasn’t her problem, she was rude and very unhelpful. Upon discussion our room was changed. The following day we wanted to book a meal at the hotel restaurant and approached the reception staff again to make a booking. When we talked to her, she didn’t look up from her computer, her attitude was a disgrace and I was a annoying her more than anything else. Really very disappointing.
The bar and restaurant staff were fabulous, couldn’t be nicer. The room was basic and as this is a budget hotel you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple