We had our wedding at The Cahernane Hotel in September, this hotel is absolutely fabulous. We had a small wedding party of about 26 people and which was the perfect size for our party. We had our civil ceremony performed in the back conservatory overlooking the mountains and lake. We went on a trip to the gap of Dunloe for drinks and small snack and when we returned the dining room had been coverted into an amazing dinner reception room. Decoration was perfect and kept to a minumum with candelabras and flowers on each table, as this is an original 17th Centurty Manor house the property spoke for itself with ornate framed original oil paintings on the walls and antique furniture and ornament adorning the rooms..just stunning. After dinner we had our band play in the drawing room which was also fabulous, there was a mini bar set up in the other liivng room off the main drawing room which was also wonderful with the same decor which is throughout the property, some of the wedding party spilled out into the foyer where there was an open orginal fire with stags head above it. After the band finished we returned to the cyrpt bar where our DJ Paddy Fagan played excellent tunes to everones delight, the cypt is an old converted wine cellar which has cobble effect floors and ceiling very gothic-esque style small and very cool, there is a billards room adjacent also which can be used for drinks and games. We had the entire venue to our disposal and no curfew for our DJ so we danced and laughed unti the early morning sun rise. The staff are fantastic and attended to our every need. I will return to stay once more before I emmirgate to the US. I would highly recommend a stay at this Hotel. Dont expect your wifi to work all the time, and dont expect fast broadband and the most modern electronic services ike that as this is located in a far away part of Ireland, and part of the charm is escaping my iphone and laptop and enjoying the peace and quiet of country living. Fabulous hotel for a wedding or weekend stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cahernane House Hotel is a boutique four-star hotel located on a private estate on the edge of Killarney Park. Formerly home to the Herbert Family, this manor house is just a 10 minute walk to Killarney town centre. The hotel boasts 38 unique guest rooms; 12 of which are located in the original house and the other 26 are located in the garden wing of the hotel. Each room has many of the original features including wooden ceiling beams and beautiful fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Cahernane House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cahernane House Hotel Killarney
- Cahernane Hotel Killarney