“hotel stay in killarney”

International Hotel Killarney
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
nj
“hotel stay in killarney”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

clean,comfortable,staff willing to help and made you feel welcome. location good to bus stop.My family and I have stayed at the International Hotel . It has genuine character and is especially beautiful . I would highly recommend. The room is spacious . The staff are friendly and always helpful. We would stay here again in Killarney .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
AMCollins, Front Office Manager at International Hotel Killarney, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Cary1306,
Thank you for your lovely review, we're really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The International is over 100 years old and while totally renovated, we have done our utmost to maintain as much as possible of the original features and fittings which our guests love.
During a recent refurbishment project, we found some newspapers from 1912 used as packing in a wall - we have since framed them and they are fascinating to read.
Of course, we'd be delighted to see you back again and in the meantime, wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving.
Kind regards
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My family and I have stayed at the International Hotel many times in the last few years. It has genuine character and is especially beautiful at Christmas time with fires in the bar and a big Christmas tree in the reception area. I would highly recommend a stay in their executive rooms. These rooms are spacious and luxurious. The staff are friendly and always helpful. We have stayed elsewhere in Killarney but they were nothing to compare with the International. That why we keep going back again and again.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
AMCollins, Front Office Manager at International Hotel Killarney, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Fran M,
Thank you very much for your lovely review.
Yes, it's that time of the year again,the fires are burning and in fact our Christmas decorations are going up this week for some early parties and they are looking lovely and so inviting!
Hopefully you will get to visit us before Christmas to savour some of it and in the meantime, we wish you all the best and thank you again for your lovely comments,
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I just love the international. The staff, the service, the food are amazing.
You are made feel so welcome when you arrive.
Staff are genuinely interested in you.
It's after been newly decorated. The interior designers have done a great job.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Ryobi
Thank you for your lovely comments, we do our absolute utmost to make every guest feel welcome and that their business is valued as we do appreciate how much choice there is around.
We're lucky in that most of our team have been with us a long time and yes, have a genuine interest in our guests comfort and enjoyment.
We hope to see you back again soon and once again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay, it is much appreciated.
United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My sister and I stayed at the International last winter and as we are making plans for our next trip, we definitely plan to stay again! The hotel is a bit of a maze, but I found it more charming than confusing. The reception and porter staff were outstanding. Our room was nicely sized, had everything we needed (hairdryer, kettle and adequate outlets), and was very clean. Our room faced away from the street so I was able to have it open for some nice fresh air in the morning. The central location was ideal, although I will definitely get more information on the free car park nearby next time as we spent a good deal of time and money feeding the meter in a city lot. Being centrally located also made it possible for my return to the hotel earlier in the evening than my sister who continued to enjoy her evening at Murphy's Pub. I gathered a cup of tea and found a sofa in one of the upstairs hallways where I planned to read, but instead found myself chatting with other travelers from all over the world. If you're looking for charm and modern amenities, look no farther.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank KPKC07
Dear Kandyce,
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. You describe perfectly what we are about - while the hotel is one of the oldest in Killarney and completely renovated, we find our guests love that we have managed to retain many of the original and unique features and ' nooks and crannies' of the hotel. Killarney is a great, bustling little town as you discovered - and the International represents a little slice of history in the middle of all of that.
We're delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we would of course be delighted to have you back again. PS -Just regarding the parking - there is plentiful parking available within a 3 minute walk of us for around €7 per day and no metres to feed - we'll be happy to help you with this next trip!

With best regards
Boston
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is my third stay at the International.....from the minute you walk through the front door, and check in, I feel like I'm home....Jimmy the porter, is the best!!! The rooms are clean and spacious...The staff are wonderful and very helpful...the food is awesome....The location is second to none....just perfect....everything is right out the front door...I would recommend it to all that are thinking of staying there...you won't regret it..... Will definitely be back again next year...

GreenB7, Boston

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear GreenB7,
What can we say, but Thank You! We're delighted you enjoyed another stay with us, our return guests are the proof of our quality and high standards and we're delighted to be able to say we have many.
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and looking forward to seeing you again in 2014,
Dingle
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I live in Dingle and regularly cycle to Killarney and stay at the International en route to Dublin or just to visit Killarney. Wonderful Staff - so obliging and the rooms are very comfortable. This hotel has a quiet elegance and a lovely balance of country and town character. I have found this hotel consistent throughout the years and would highly recommend it for anyone who is traveling to Killarney, The location is superb, just accross where the horses are stationed and a few steps from my favouite Coffee House 'Lir'. Great place to unwind and check out the town and surrounding National Park. I find the International great value too. The Porter 'Frank' is a darling man and great for the chat, as are the reception staff and the breakfast staff. Looking forward to my next trip, as always.

Room Tip: Room 119 - lovely Bay Window overlooking street and Horses stationed accross the way. Nice view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Naturalcat,
Thank you so much for your lovely comments, we're always happy to see you back.
Yes, Frank is a pet and can't do enough for our guests. We're very lucky to have him as part of our team here.
You mention that we are consistent In our standards and we have always believed this is key to our guests returning again and again to us.
We hope we'll see you again before the end of the year and Happy Cycling!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 31 October 2013

From the moment I walked into this charming hotel, I knew I was going to love it. It's like stepping back in time--in all the best ways.First, I was in Room 222 , near the "Golf and Leisure" room. I must admit, it took me a few minutes to find my room, this hotel has been added onto a few times, it seems; with quirky little stairs, and odd. Once in my room I was in love with it, the most comfortable bed, heated towel racks, and beautifully decorated. And the staff was superb. I am already planning to come back and will definitely stay at the International.

Room Tip: My room was perfect, quiet and comfortable. Others in my group seemed equally happy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Cpat1946,
Thank you so much!
Our guests often comment on the friendly welcoming feeling on arrival and indeed, throughout the hotel and in the main, we have our staff to thank for this, along with our warm inviting décor in the bedrooms and public area and little inviting cosy corners for a Hot Chocolate or little tipple!
We're delighted you are planning a return trip and look forward to having to back to stay again,