We have just booked a another return visit to this wonderful hotel, and the whole family is delighted and excited!!! I have been staying at this hotel for aprox the last ten years both with my my Mam and Dad and with my own family and I can't believe I hadn't reviewed it for trip advisor .
The Hotel is quite large and has super self catering cottages and lodges on the beautiful grounds, all are spotlessly clean and well maintained.The kids club is super and my two daugthers aged 10 and 8 loved going every night which gave my Husband and myself time to enjoy the lesuire centre and the Restaruant not to mention the bar which in my opinion has the most spectacular view of the Lakes!!!!
There was entertainment everynight in the bar which was above par and even the kids were welcomed and encouraged to join in the sing song or dancing. The bar is quite large but has a comfortable homely elements, it can get quite crowded if there is a fuction on but soon calms down once the fuction has started.
The golf course is fantastic (According to my Hubby) and is challenging enough for the seasoned golfer with the most amazing views you can hire golf clubs and other nessesities if you need to travel light.
There is a playground available for the smaller children and wonderful walks along the Lakes and the Park that would suit all energies and ages. We spent many an afternoon strolling into town through the park which is acessable throught the grounds of the Hotel, it took about ten minutes and one special moment for us all last year was while taking our daily walk a large herd of Deer came running by us through the trees and disappered just as quick!! Totally amazing!!!
We stayed in the Woodland Cottages last year but we have stayed in the Hotel and the Golf Lodges too, over the years and we have never been disappointed in any of our stays as the staff couldn't be more helpful and accomidating when we needed anything extra and went out of their way to ensure we had a wonderful stay. I'm pleased to say that many of the staff haven't changed over the years, 9A mark of a good hotel in my opinion) which added personality to the whole stay, and made us feel quite at home.
I could go on forever about this Gem in Killareny! I know it will play host to our family holidays in the years to come and we, as I've said can't wait to get there again in the coming weeks for a chilled out relaxing family break!!!! Put the pints on Frank!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes are located on the lakeside just 2kms from Killarney town, with magnificent views of the Lower Lake and Magillycuddy Mountains. It is in a pristine environment flanked on one side by Killarney National Park and on the other by Killarney Golf & Fishing Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castlerosse Hotel And Golf Resort
- Castlerosse Hotel & Golf Killarney
- Castlerosse Hotel Killarney
- Hotel Castlerosse