“great week”

Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I can sincerely recommend the Castlerosse for a fun packed family holiday. We love the walks in the national park and the golf and the kids love the pool and the entertainment provided by the kids club. The lodges a perfect and very spacious for the family.. food is good and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. We'll be back for a short break in the summer.

Willem M

Room Tip: would recommend a lake view room
3  Thank Wim921
castlerosse, Guest Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Castlerosse Hotel. I was delighted to see how much you enjoyed your stay and our lakeside location in the National Park. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back during in the summer.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

Just back from a week end conference in Killarnery stayed at Castlerosse Hotel. The room was booked as a double instead of a twin rooom however the receptionist changed the room without any hassle. Rooms clean and warm, bath water piping hot. Buffet breakfast which was hot but the best bit was the evening meal which was priced at 32 euros for five courses, it was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank galabeth

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review of the Castlerosse Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed you time here with us so much, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2012

When we arrived at the hotel to check in i had my 3 year old daughter in my arms. The hotel manager came over to her and asked her if she liked balloons ! She was delighted and that set the scene for the rest of the stay. My kids loved the hotel the kids club was great. The staff were great and always did everything they could to make you welcome. Infact we enjoyed our stay so much we booked a lodge for a week in the summer and we cant wait!

1  Thank Odie2020
castlerosse, Guest Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing your lovely review of the Castlerosse Hotel. I was glad to read how much you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Castlerosse. We look forward to welcoming you all back again in the summer!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Castlerosse Hotel during the Irish Open, last year and I must admit my expectations were exceeded. Especially by the extremely diligent and well mannered Bar Staff. Our servers Kieran and James, were very helpful not only in serving us but also giving us a vast array of information on activities to do in the surrounding hinterland. I will most definitely return if the Irish Open is held in Killarney again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank John F
castlerosse, Guest Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review of the Castlerosse. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be so helpful, we do hope the Irish Open will return to Killarney again in the near future. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Only home 2 days and kids are wanting to know when are we returning again !!
Staff were most helpful, kids club great, golf course great (so my husband and son reported back...) Beautiful views and walks. Compliments to the chefs, our meals were wonderful!!
Looking forward to our return again

1  Thank Clare T
castlerosse, Guest Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review of the Castlerosse. We are delighted you and your family had such an enjoyable stay here with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed for 3 nights on a family package, which to be honest was great value. The room itself was quite basic and could do with some updating and a good deep clean. There were old blankets on the beds, which I found surprising, as I thought blankets had long been replaced by duvets! The dinner, which was included in the package was very good. However, this now brings me on to the service, which I can only say was atrocious. On the second evening I asked for an ice bucket as the white wine I had ordered the previous evening had been warm and I didn't want to repeat this. The waiter proceeded to get into a full blown argument that the wine was cold enough! When I mentioned this to the Restaurant Manager the following morning it was just brushed off. Overall the staff were very impolite and unhelpful. there were a couple of exceptions but I strongly feel they could all do with some customer relations and service training.

1  Thank iccna
castlerosse, Guest Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear Guest,
It is with regret that I read your review and your dissatisfaction with your stay in the hotel. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel with regards your requests for an ice bucket this should have been supplied to you on request and management have spoken with the waiter on duty on the night in question. I am sorry to hear you found the level of customer service in other departments of the hotel below standard and have made the Manager aware of this. I do hope this did not upset your holiday in Killarney.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

The hotel at first appears very old fashioned,with basic rooms and bathroom.The staff were lovely and the food was good.The children had a great time at the kids club which was very well run and filled with lots to do.We will definitely return to the Castlerosse.

Room Tip: Ask to over look the golf course.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your review of the Castlerosse Hotel. I was glad to read how much your kids enjoyed our Castle Rangers Kids Club and activities. We look forward to your return visit to Killarney and the Castlerosse.