I recently returned from a bus tour to Ireland that started in Galway and brought us to Killarney, Kilkenny and ended in Dublin. The Castlerosse was the second hotel we stayed in. The rooms were small, the carpets were dirty and it was far from the center of town. To top it all off, they shut off all entrance and hallway lights at night. So if you plan on coming back late, be warned because it feels like you are taking a walk through the hotel from The Shining to get back to your room. The view of the golf course and the mountains, on the other hand, are absolutely stunning. If you plan on playing golf, then this would be a good stay. But stay away from the leisure center--it's beyond gross.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes are located on the lakeside just 2kms from Killarney town, with magnificent views of the Lower Lake and Magillycuddy Mountains. It is in a pristine environment flanked on one side by Killarney National Park and on the other by Killarney Golf & Fishing Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castlerosse Hotel & Golf Killarney
- Castlerosse Hotel And Golf Resort
- Castlerosse Hotel Killarney
- Hotel Castlerosse