“Great Place”

Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Stayed there recently for three nights with a Group (Wikinger) from Germany. We were excited by the fantastic location and by the view. Food excellent. We greatly loved the fresh fish dishes. Variety of B/F great. Very suitable location to great landscapes like Ring of Kerry, Muckross House and Torc Cascade.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
BridOS, Guest Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review of the Castlerosse Hotel.
I was delighted you and your party had such an enjoyable time here at the Castlerosse, and took advantage of the many things to do and see in Killarney and its surrounding area.
Should you be visiting Ireland again we would be delighted to have you stay once again!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We held my fathers funeral lunch here and what can I say, the staff from start to finish were kind and considerate. Nothing was too much trouble and they made a difficult time that little bit easier. From what people said the food was excellent - I actually can't remember but from other (happier) meals I have had there I would agree that their kitchen is a good one.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write your kind review of the castlerosse Hotel. Our deepest sympathyto you and your family on your recent berevement.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the castlerosse again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Lovely hotel. Very friendly staff. Pleasant food. Great amenities for kids. 1 negative thing tho and quite alarming to be honest is that when I took my daughter swimming was that the lifeguard was manning the leisure centre desk at times and on one occasion appeared to be giving swimming lessons whilst on duty! (17 june 2013)... Shocking.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Castlerosse Hotel. I was glad to see you enjoyed your time here with us.
I have noted your comments made and have made management aware of same.
Should you be visiting Killarney again we would be delighted to welcome you back once again.

Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my family in one of the houses, a bit dated but clean and spacious. Great location to Killarney with a walkway connecting it to hotel. Hotel has a playground and pool to keep the family busy. My only fault is re wifi and tv, wifi is poor in hotel and not available in house. The tv is old with only about one channel for kids. Other wise , great value

• Stayed: June 2013
BridOS, Guest Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Castlerosse Hotel.
I was glad to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay her with us. Our location with in Killarney’s National Park is the reason that wifi services are limited, and I apologise for this.

I hope to see you in the Castlerosse again in the very near future,

Reviewed 9 June 2013

OMG..what a fantastic day, it really is a beautiful place, civil ceremony was fantastic in house, room decorated lovely with flowers, staff brilliant, friendly and professional, food out of this world and wedding manager very efficient .. I had a stress free day here and it was all fun,fun fun. We would hihly recommend this hotel fo a wedding , couples break and a family holiday :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
castlerosse, Public Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind review of the Castlerosse Hotel. I was delighted to see how much you and your wedding party enjoyed your very special day.
I have passed along your comments to management.

Best Wishes for the future to both you and your husband!!

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Stopped at the Castleross today for some bar food after working at a wedding in Killarney. I was pleasantly surprised the food was great I had lamb and enjoyed it with a diet coke and a coffee and all for around €20. The bar staff were really helpful particurarly Tara she was on the ball. I did not stay over night so am not in a position to comment an rooms and so on .....one final thing the view is amazing from the bar well done Castleross

• Stayed: June 2013
castlerosse, Guest Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review of Mulligan’s Bar at the Castlerosse Hotel.
I was delighted you enjoyed your meal here with us and hope to see you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

My partner and I stayed here from Monday 3rd June to Friday 7th June 2013. From the moment we arrived (9.30am on the Monday morning) we loved the place. A special mention here for Kathryn on reception who told us to leave our bags with her and go straight up to breakfast whilst she organised our room being made ready - thanks, Kathryn). After breakfast we sat outside mesmerised by the view of Lough Leane and the Macguillycuddy Reeks mountains. I defy any hotel to have a better view. Our Lake View room (125) was a bit dated but very clean and another mention here for our room maid who was very attentive (we meant to leave her a tip but in our haste to depart early on Friday morning, to catch our flight, we forgot, so apologies for that). We booked the Golden Break package which is excellent value for money. It included a half day tour which we couldn't take as we were booked on a full day tour of the Ring of Kerry and a table quiz hosted by the owner's wife which turned out to be a holarious evening - we had some great laughs that night. The food was excellent - breakfast was plentiful (buffet style) and included Irish white pudding which I love; dinner in the restaurant with the fabulous views each evening was also lovely - plenty of choice and good quality food. Frank, in Mulligan's Bar, attended to our every (alcohol-related) need. We had sunshine all week which certainly added to our enjoyment. Whilst waiting for our car to take us back to Kerry airport on check-out day, we heard a guy complaining that he wasn't told breakfast started at 8am and he expected it to be served from 7.30am - "I will post on Tripadvisor" he said. Meal times are posted in all the rooms and we thought his was an unreasonable complaint. All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed a lovely stay - we will be back!

Room Tip: Choose a Lake View room - it's worth the extra cost to wake up to that view every morning!