We booked a family room in this hotel and were given a room on the corridor opposite reception the room was dark, very small for a family of four and smelled damp. When we complained to a very disgruntled receptionist we were after much discussion given another room near the leisure centre. This room was brighter and smelled ok but for a family room was still very small. We spoke to the manager and were eventually given a room 255.
This room was slightly bigger and on the ground floor. However the carpet was frayed so badly it was an inch away from the wall, and the veneer on the bedside lockers was held on with cello tape of all things, We hadn't the energy to complain any further and had been told that there were no other rooms available even though we were willing to pay to upgrade. The room was clean though and the beds were comfortable so we decided to put our first few hours here behind us and enjoy the trip.
We had a lovely evening in Killarney and we enjoyed the situation of the hotel and the views. However the next morning we were all awakened at 6am by the movements of the residents in the room over ours, There is no insulation in the ceiling and we were listening to very loud creaking floors and toilet noises to the extent that the people could have been in our room. We didn't complain that morning, however when the next morning it same scenario was repeated we did complain to the manager who explained that people on a bus tour had been in the room above us and has an early start to their days but had left the hotel and the room was vacant above us on our final night.
We did get some money deducted from our bill on check our but it was too little to0 late for us at that point. We rarely have had to give bad reviews but in this case it is justified, The grounds of the hotel and the views are fabulous the situation of the hotel is perfect with cycle paths and walking routes to Killarney national park easily accessible. The facilities for children are good and the food wasn't bad but the accommodation that we experienced is below par in this day and age and needs renovating. The cottages and lodges however looked very nice and I would have no hesitation in recommending them but the hotel accommodation is poor at best,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes are located on the lakeside just 2kms from Killarney town, with magnificent views of the Lower Lake and Magillycuddy Mountains. It is in a pristine environment flanked on one side by Killarney National Park and on the other by Killarney Golf & Fishing Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castlerosse Hotel & Golf Killarney
- Castlerosse Hotel And Golf Resort
- Castlerosse Hotel Killarney
- Hotel Castlerosse