We stayed for a week in the woodland cottages in sept and had a great time. The cottages are very well stocked, very clean and the furniture while a little creaky was more than adequate. Bathrooms were fine, view was excellent. My only gripe would be it would have been nice to have a parking space reserved for the house as the night before leaving there was a wedding on and we couldn't get parked close for packing the car. Other nights had been no trouble parking Also on the nights of weddings the music could be heard in the cottages (we were in number 3) although it wasn't so loud that it stopped us sleeping but might be an issue for a light sleeper. Swimming facilities were great although I think they should advertise that you need a swim hat on their website rather than surprise you when you get there for an extra 2 euro per hat. Golf course had great views and green fees were very reasonable 10 euro for 9 holes.
The bar had a great view and food (burger, toasted sandwiches, chicken goujons) were all nice and reasonably priced however we felt the set menu in the restaurant was overpriced compared to quality. The food was nice but not worth the 32 euro each also we tried to order a bottle of wine when we ordered our food only to be told to ask the wine waiter. Despite asking for the wine waiter when our starter arrived (we were told there was only one for the whole restaurant) he didnt arrive until we were on our second course which is definitely unacceptable for service. However we were travelling with a 4month old baby and were given a great table with plenty of room for the buggy so it was just unfortunate they were understaffed.
Staff were friendly and there are numerous lovely walks available although it is a bit of a trek into Killarney town itself but the facilities at the hotel are excellent so would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes are located on the lakeside just 2kms from Killarney town, with magnificent views of the Lower Lake and Magillycuddy Mountains. It is in a pristine environment flanked on one side by Killarney National Park and on the other by Killarney Golf & Fishing Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castlerosse Hotel And Golf Resort
- Castlerosse Hotel & Golf Killarney
- Castlerosse Hotel Killarney
- Hotel Castlerosse