“Lovely spot”

Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We (myself, my husband and our baby son) stayed in one of the holiday houses (Woodland Cottages) at the Castlerosse. The houses could do with a little bit of updating decor wise, but were very clean and well equipped, and with a patio area and picnic table which we were lucky enough to get to use! It suited us perfectly. We tried out the playground which has nice equipment. We also used the pool, and walked towards town on a gorgeous walking track which passes through the hotel grounds. We didn't avail of the restaurant or pub so can't comment on those, or the hotel rooms, but the reception area is lovely, and the staff we met were helpful and friendly. I'd definitely recommend the Castlerosse Holiday Cottages, especially for families. Looking forward to our next visit!

Stayed: May 2014
MarkBowe, Guest Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear McMaher,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of the good weather. There are some gorgeous walks in the area and the new walk into town is just fantastic.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I spent five days in the Castlerosse Hotel. 36 members of the club stayed there too, so we were never short of good company.
The room was comfortable and clean. The staff in this hotel were brilliant.
The buffet breakfasts were terrific. We also found that the evening meals were very good.
On the first three nights there was music in the Victoria Suites room, and we enjoyed this.
I used the swimming pool every day, and the jacuzzi too. This was great.
I left my sandals in the pool area but the attendant had them for me. Thanks a Million, Edmond.
All in all I would recommend the Castlerosse Hotel to anyone wanting good accomation in County Kerry. The path from the hotel into the town is very handy for going for shopping in Killarney.
This is a well run hotel with plenty of space for relaxing.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are quite a walk from the Reception Office. If you are not keen on covering these...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Noelglee

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will certainly pass on your kind words to the team and especially Edmund. I am glad that you found time to relax in our Leisure Club, took advantage of the numerous walks in the National Park and enjoyed the music in the evening.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Castlerosse on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Just back from the holiday homes at the Castlerosse hotel in Killarney - everything was wonderful. Even in bad weather, the view is so spectacular, we
Could sit & watch the weather happening! The one stand-out thing as well was the food -
Ended up eating in the hotel for every meal, it was so good. (Not generally a hotel-good type of person!) Got a gorgeous steak in the bar, beautiful pork medallions in the dining room, the kids food was lovely & fresh, & a bit different (& really reasonable). All-round, really enjoyable stay - Mostly down to the location, the hotel amenities (walks, great playground, swimming pool onsite) & the house itself.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank MammySmith

Dear Mammy Smith,

Thank you for taking time to leave your kind review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the bar food, we pride ourselves on sourcing from local suppliers. I am delighted that your kids enjoyed their meal and there was a nice selection for them to choose from.
It is a pity that the weather was against you! But at least you took advantage of the hotels swimming pool and play-ground and of course the adjoining access to the National Park.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Castlerosse in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had a super weekend once again at the castlerosseThis must be our 10 visit back here.Everything is great from the food to the staff.The 2 boys just love the swimming pool they would spend all day in there and its so clean.Hope to return again for the june bank holiday

Room Tip: we had lovely spacious room a double bed single bed and pull outbed in the room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MarkBowe, Guest Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Ann Marie,

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted to have you as a regular guest and it is great to know that your boys loved the pool. I will pass your comments onto the team.

Hope to meet you when you are back to us for the June bank holiday.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We spent Easter here - there were 3 families in our group. It was my first trip but my family have being going for a number of years. It was a great family weekend. I can't fault the hotel - food was great, price was great, rooms & environment all excellent. Staff very patient. There are lots of nooks & crannies mostly filled with groups of children while adults could stay close enough in comfortable lounges to keep an eye. It balances providing good food, service and facilities while being very comfortable & stress free for families. We didn't use the kids groups but it looked like fun. Location is unbeatable - about 20 minutes walk to Kilarney through the national park which really is very beautiful. Like many we hired bikes and cycled all weekend. I'll be joining the family pilgrim from here on in.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen5002014

Karen,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your family reunion and we at the Castlerosse could make it happen. It is wonderful to see that you got to take advantage of the facilities and got out to enjoy the national park and relax.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Castlerosse in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We are just back from a two night break in the Castlerosse hotel. It was our second visit to the hotel with two children aged 7 & 9. This is one of the best family hotels we have stayed in in Ireland. The staff go out of their way to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Nothing is a problem. Even though the hotel was crazy busy there was a very relaxed atmosphere. Our triple room was more than spacious for us & very comfortable. The facilities in the hotel are exceptional. They have everything from a golf club, to tennis courts, to a playground, swimming pool, gym ... The list goes on & on. The breakfast selection is very good & very fresh. We had dinner in the bar on our first night & the food was great. We had dinner in the restaurant on the second night & the food was super. Our kids went to the kids club the castle rangers on both days we were there. The girls running the club were brilliant, their attitudes & the way they dealt with all the children was admirable. We've been to bigger & "better" hotels & have not had the same experience that we have each time we visit here. Could not recommend the place enough for families.

Room Tip: Our room was close to the reception & had a high pointed ceiling so felt very spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Amtrev
MarkBowe, Guest Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Amtrev,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am delighted tyo read that you enjoyed your weekend and that your girls had an action packed time with the "Castle Rangers", I will most certainly pass on your kind words to the team. It is good to see you took advantage all all the facilities and got out to enjoy the weather, being so close to the National Park is an extra bonus!

Hope to welecome you back to the Castlerosse in the near future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I have just come back from my lovely stay at Castlerosse hotel, Killarney Co. Kerry. I was the chosen winner of a Facebook competition for a two night weekend away with my husband. We were greeted with a wine reception at arrival in our clean and spacious Lakeview room. The hotel was located in a beautiful location with stunning views and scenery all over. Staff were courteous, friendly and down to earth and always willing to help. The hotel itself was gorgeous and top quality and the food was fabulous. If anyone was looking to holiday local, I would highly recommend the hotel and the location. It was a fantastic weekend break and we will definitely in the near future be planning another get away to Castlerosse.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Paula,

Once again congratulations on winning our Facebook competition of a 2 Night Break, we had such a great response and will do another competition in the near future.
I am delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your weekend away. It is good to see that you enjoyed the wine on arrival - just a litle touch to help you unwind!
I will pass on your kind words to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Castklerosse in the near furture.