My wife and I stayed at this hotel for six nights (July 1 - July 7) and had a great stay. This hotel is great place for families, couples or just anybody. The walk to the edge of the town (St. Mary's Cathedral) is about a 20 minute walk through a paved path through the beautiful Killarney National Park and about another 5 minutes to the main shopping and eating area of the town. If you do not mind the exercise, this is the hotel to be at. As other reviewers have said this hotel offers great views and the rooms in my opinion are decent and well kept. Most of the hotel staff here are very accommodating especially and warmest of them all was Eimear - she was very pleasant at all times. I was also amazed how the staff here multi-tasked - including one of the managers at night who helped in the bar, bought towels to our room and managed the front desk.
The bar staff were also very good too.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you want a change of pace, a nice place to relax. If you prefer not to walk to town you can always ask the front desk to get you a cab (about 10 euros going to town, 8 euros to return depending on traffic).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes are located on the lakeside just 2kms from Killarney town, with magnificent views of the Lower Lake and Magillycuddy Mountains. It is in a pristine environment flanked on one side by Killarney National Park and on the other by Killarney Golf & Fishing Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castlerosse Hotel And Golf Resort
- Castlerosse Hotel & Golf Killarney
- Castlerosse Hotel Killarney
- Hotel Castlerosse