“Luxurious and relaxing with wonderful food and spa.”

Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 3 February 2013

13 of us stayed for a family get together. The group was aged between 31 and 75. It was wonderful. We had some lovely nibbles and afternoon drinks in Molly darts bar. Must def recommend the chicken wings and the service was excellent. He was attentive and chatty and so accommodating. While some of us went to the spa others sat chatting in the comfy sofas in the piano room. The spa was wonderful especially the outdoor hottub. We had some pre dinner drinks in the cocktail bar. A lovely cosy fire welcomed us and again the service here was second to none. We had dinner in GB Shaws restaurant. OMG. Fantastic. Our waiters were lovely. The scallops were the best I have ever tasted. The homemade bread and tapenade were just gorgeous. I had the venison and was beautifully tender with a chocolate jus. The best was yet to come with the best ever chocolate fondant. Firm and warm with a wonderfully gooey interior. Yum. After dinner we returned to cocktail bar where we stayed till early hours. N the morning some who hadn't used the spa did so while I and a few others went for a walk. We literally crossed the road and were walking in the beautiful surroundings of Muckross house and gardens. We went on to torc waterfall and were back just in time for breakfast. Again absolutely lovely. Especially loved their homemade smoothies. I had the poached eggs. I think we all had something different from the menu. It was really nice. This was a lovely indulgent stay. The staff were great. My aunts were especially taken with the concierge. Hot lemongrass towels on arrival. It was lovely from beginning to end. I would highly recommend a stay to anyone. Will def return soon.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Buckley1978
SeanODriscoll, Guest Relations Manager at Muckross Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed our location in the heart of Killarney's National Park.
I have passed on your wonderful comments to the team.

There are newer reviews for Muckross Park Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Booked the Muckross park for a weekend in January with my wife and our 1 year old. We decided to book a suite, for the simple reason we wanted a bit more space; especially in the evening when the baby is asleep by 7, and we can have a night to ourselves watching TV in a seperate room, without the fear of waking her.First impressions last, and we were certainly impressed when we first entered Muckross Park. The rooms were spotless, the food was excellent, and the staff were so friendly. I have stayed in 5 star hotels in the past and found it all a bit uncomfortable. I dont want someone to fuss over me because they have to but it was the polar opposite at Muckross. The staff are genuinely friendly and helfpul without being OTT. One of the highlights for me was the food. I love to treat myself with a fry when I am stay in a hotel and I certainly wasnt disappointed. It was superb! The food was delicious, and not just at breakfast, in Molly Darcys and GB Shaws as well.

Overall I cannot say enough about the Muckross Park and if I could give it 6 stars I would! If you are staying in Killarney, and your budget can stretch a little further (its actually not much extra than most 4 star's in Killarney), I would say just book it. I cannot comprehend why anyone would give this less than 5 stars, and at the time of this review, I read that 14 gave it 1 star. They must either have spend their time in the wrong hotel or must not have taken their medication that weekend, as the Muckross Park is a five star hotel and they have earned each and every star!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sportycorkguy

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to read you had such a wonderful time with us. I have passed on your comments to the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

We had stayed here a while back and what struck me was how beautiful the bedrooms were. Killarney is a fabulous location too and the hotel has a great bar and restaurant too. Local tourist attractions are very nearby without being overly central or noisy

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jenster30

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
Our rooms were all completely refurbished in 2007 and we recently won the Supreme Award for Best Five Star Accommodation in Ireland 2012/2013
by the Irish Accommodation Standards Institute

Reviewed 29 January 2013

An absolutely fantastic hotel with incredible service and staff! The rooms are so beautifully decorated with lots of nice touches in the bathrooms! The full access to the spa is undoubtedly the highlight! Amazing facilities in such a tranquil environment! We were even allowed to use the facilities for a few hours after we checked out! Such a relaxing place to be and great value for money!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Traynol6
SeanODriscoll, Guest Relations Manager at Muckross Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to read you had such a relaxing stay with us, and that you enjoyed The Cloisters Spa. Thank you for your comments regarding our friendly staff, and incredible service also.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 29 January 2013

A gorgeous hotel with high-class amenities. Bathrooms and spa are updated, and linens were high quality. Staff was friendly. Free wireless internet was convenient. The location is very convenient to Muckross Park, and just outside of Killarney. To get to town, you will want to take a cab or shuttle as the road is too busy for safely walking especially at night.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rider2003

Reviewed 28 January 2013

We stayed for a week last August and came from The US for a wedding. Having traveled for 12+ hours with two small children we were tired and hungry when we first arrived at the hotel and breakfast had just ended - the hotel manager called to the kitchen and the staff agreed to stay open while we enjoyed some food. It was not the first time during our trip that the service levels went above and beyond our expectations. The onsite food options were great and we enjoyed several family dinners and lunchs at Molly Darcy's which is a restaurant/pub attached to the Hotel. They had some great "kids meals" options also. Breakfast was our favorite and they had lots of options at their excellent buffet. In the evenings Molly's also had Irish dancing and music which started early enough to enjoy during dinner. Our daughters birthday also happened to fall during our trip and she wanted a themed birthday cake which the hotel chef did a tremendous job on. Location wise, the hotel is located directly adjacent to Muckross Park and you can walk from the hotel directly to the park which has excellent jogging and bike trails. The hotel also organizes group hiking every day. Bedrooms are large and definitely 4 or 5 star level plus we had adjoining rooms for our inlaws which worked out really well. What really distinguished this hotel for us was the service levels, from housekeeping to restaurant to front desk staff everyone was helpful, courteous and friendly. We would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to someday returning.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank philly_traveller1

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us for your recent family Wedding.
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our staff team, who work very hard to ensure our guests are happy at all times.
Molly Darcy's Irish Nights run 5 nights per week all summer and are very popular with diners each night.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We shared an excellent weekend away with a group of medical friends at this hotel. I have to commend the staff in every department for their friendliness and helpfulness (especially our waitress on Friday and Saturday night in the restaurant for her suggestions on the menu). The room was very comfortable as you would expect.
The food was delicious and a good choice was available to suit all tastes.
I would recommend it as place to go for a weekend away either as a couple or group of friends.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank YHayes

Dear past guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted you had such a wonderful stay with us. Your comments regarding the staff friendliness gives great affirmation to our team, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.