1,810 results
All reviewsyew tree restaurantmonks barhot towelsblue poolfree bikesbelfry suitejarvey's reststar hotelthe pubjourney homeoutdoor hot tubvitality suitevitality poolrelaxation roomtorc waterfallrelaxation areasteam room
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I write this review while walking out the Cloisters Spa's doors. So, you can be sure that the experience is fresh in my mind. I couldn't wait to share this extraordinary find; it is that good. The Cloisters Spa is the definition of class. The staff go about their work with the greatest of expertise, tact and cordiality. Only whispers could be heard from them at all times. Sabrina, a 9 year veteran to massage work, is a credit to the Spa and her profession. Decor and interior design are exquisitely classical and regal. The range of facilities and treatments seem endless. I experienced calm when walking through the doors and complete refreshment upon walking out.

Room Tip: Again, Sabrina at the Cloisters Spa is highly recommendable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Snkean
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This hotel gets better and better. My husband and I have a special love for this hotel and it is our favourite hotel. Arrived for a 2 night stay and were upgraded upon arrival to my favourite suite.
Menu in Molly Darcy was changed, since our last stay and I didn't think it was possible to improve perfection, but Muckross did just that. Caroline at reception was exceptional.
Cannot wait to go back again soon. Keep up the amazing work

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corky08
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is a good place to be - wonderful service at the hotel. The hotel staff are very welcoming and the room was amazing. We ate at their pub and had one of the nicest waiters of the entire trip. Check out the small, cozy bar in the back of the first floor with the fireplace. We had the entire bar to ourselves one night even.
The spa is a must do if you can, we had a couples massage and relaxed in the pool area. If I had one place to revisit in Ireland this would be the place I'd go back to.
The waterfall which is right down the road and the gardens across the road really add to the ambiance.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

we had a fantastic stay in Killarney but were a little disappointed with our accommodation. As we paid 5 star prices we felt this hotel did not offer this experience. Admittedly I prefer more contemporary than old world but dirty curtains around a four post bed and rips in bed covers and a dirty fridge to name a few as well mosaics falling off in the in the steam room (which actually ripped my shorts) their seemed to be many of these little let downs. The staff were wonderful I must say but I guess they need to upgrade their rooms or downgrade their status. People should be aware it's about a 10 minute drive to Killarney and its not actually in the national park although just across the busy road,but I don't think it offers any fabulous views. Breakfast was very good and again great staff. Dinner was a bit fussy but that's what they offer and I knew that going. All in all I don't think it's a great place to go with kids-their is no play room (I was not told otherwise but just noting it) - but again I don't think it's a market they are looking

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Muckross Park Hotel was our second stop on our honeymoon trip. We stayed here three nights. The hotel itself was very nice and clean with plenty of amenities. The location was good for us, being close to the park and lots of outdoor attractions, although some might prefer something closer to Killarney town. There seemed to be a stuck up attitude from the hotel's reception and restaurant staff, but everyone else (porters, housekeeping, spa staff) were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet was extensive and fresh, and the menu choices were very good. Rooms were very clean and well stocked. Wifi was not working for most of our stay, and cellular reception was spotty at best. While this was mainly just an inconvenience for us, it could be a major problem for some people.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple