1,804 results
All reviewsyew tree restaurantmonks barhot towelsblue poolfree bikesbelfry suitejarvey's reststar hotelthe pubjourney homeoutdoor hot tubvitality suitevitality poolrelaxation roomtorc waterfallrelaxation areasteam room
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The Muckross Park Hotel is a vacation in itself. They have a wonderful spa complete with indoor pool, salt sauna, relaxation areas, and a full array of treatments to sooth the weariest traveller. The rooms are clean, furnished beautifully, and offer lovely amenities. The heated towel rack, cozy robes and complimentary slippers were a lovely touch.
The restaurants served delicious meals from breakfast to dinner. The concierge was helpful and friendly. I couldn't recommend a more beautiful hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hutchmistress
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night as an escape from the kids and decided to treat ourselves with a 5 star. The hotel is located in the middle of the national park but far out from town. There is no way you could walk it. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the room itself was lovely and clean and we slept well. One reason we picked the hotel was for the spa and pool but on check in learned that it was not complimentary for guests. We each had to pay €10 to use it. While the payment covers the duration of your stay, when you are only there for one night it's very expensive. We decide to do it anyway to unwind but in there we found several of the tiles in the various rooms and in the pool falling off and under you feet in the water. When we mentioned this, we were refunded the €20. Another point was the fact that around the outdoor hot tub the grass was being cut, followed by power hosing meaning that we couldn't go into it. This type of work should be carried out when the spa was closed. Food was vastly over priced even in the bar, although it was tasty and I did find the selection for the cold buffet breakfast disappointing.
For us a 5 star should be everything you want and more but this hotel does not do this and was more of a 4 star

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank paulspoon
SeanODriscoll, General Manager at Muckross Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Past Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed our accommodation and found our team to be helpful & friendly.

I thank you for your feedback on the spa charge. I wish to clarify that anyone having spa treatments has complimentary access to the Vitality Suite for the duration of their stay. For anyone not having treatments there is a €10 charge to use the Vitality & Thermal Suite. Our mission is to ensure the spa is always relaxing for those having treatments and doesn't become overcrowded. Having the charge in place ensures this doesn't happen. Many of our competitor 5* hotels charge €30 per person to use their thermal suite.

Unfortunately due to the heat in the thermal suite, the small mosaic tiles sometimes become loose. We do tile work in the spa approximately 8 times per year to address any issues. As I explained in the previous review, we are anxious to repair the tiles loose at the base of the pool, however as emptying and refilling the pool can take up to 5 days, we do want to do this over the summer months. I assure you the issue will be addressed in the winter.

I regret that you did not enjoy our breakfast buffet, as this is one of the things we receive the most positive feedback on, as you will see from previous reviewers. Our bar food dishes range in price from €5.95 to €21.95 for our 10oz steak, which is generally competitive for the 5* market.

I thank you again for your feedback and assure you that we share our feedback with all our team so that we can work on addressing any issues.

Kind Regards,

Sean O'Driscoll

Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely stay here but there are some let downs . The chairs and curtains in the room are a but grubby and the curtains on the 4 poster bed is unraveling . Had a meal in Molly darcys and it wasn't great , steak was like it was deep fried, tough . The spa was amazing though , the staff and the treatments were second to none but the vitality suite does need renovating . A lot of tiles missing and dirty in places. The staff in Molly darcys weren't great , we had to go in search of our own salt and pepper and as we recieved our meal we were given the bill at the same time? Nobody came near us after that to see if everything was ok of if we wanted anything else/ extra and when we went to pay there was 5 staff standing around ! Not impressed! But the staff in the hotel itself were always very helpful and friendly. This is my second time here but I'm not sure if ill return, maybe to the spa but not for accommodation .

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank cbswalsh

Dear Past Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on Trip advisor. I apologise for the issues highlighted in your room. we are awaiting delivery of new curtains for these rooms and are currently undergoing an upholstery cleaning programme throughout the hotel.

I regret that your steak was not to your liking in Molly Darcy's. I assure you I will be addressing the service issues with my Bar Manager, as it is certainly not the norm. I go through the comment cards in Molly Darcy's on a weekly basis and consistently the No. 1 thing guests highlight is the friendliness of the team in Molly's. I sincerely apologise that this was not your experience.

Regarding the small mosaic tiles in the spa, unfortunately due to the heat in the vitality suite, these come loose from time to time. We tile in the spa appropriately 8 times per year to address any issues. We are aware of the few missing mosaic tiles in the pool and are keen to address them. However this requires closing the pool for 5 days to empty & refill it and I don't think anyone would thank me for doing this during summer holidays. I assure you this work will be carried out in winter.

I am glad that you found the team of staff in the hotel helpful & friendly. I appreciate your feedback, as it is very helpful in ensuring we keep on to top of any issues.

Kind Regards,

Sean O'Driscoll

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Stayed here for a two night break at the end of a weeks travel around Kerry.

From check-in until check-out the service and staff were 100% and could not be faulted. We were given a room with a four poster bed it was spacious and had a 5* feel about it. The main attraction for us was the Spa. Its wonderful. We have stayed at many spa hotels and now this is one of our favorites

The architecture of the spa is based on an Abbey. It is spotlessly clean and relaxing... A picture paints a thousand words so have uploaded a few photographs for people to see. I base most of my reviews around photos. The spa has a separate entrance for people to use from their bedrooms so you don't have to go through hotel etc
*A little tip is to go outside by the hot tub or spa cafe, down by the river is a nice area with loungers to lay out on or have a spot of lunch as we did.

We had food in Molly Darcys and also the Yew Tree restaurant which are part of the hotel and was top notch. Staff in the restaurant were so pleasant and helpful, the meal we had was exciting and a real journey with different textures and flavors. Their was pianist playing during dinner which created a nice relaxed ambiance.

The only downside to the hotel is it is located a short distance out of the main town. By car 5//6 minutes walking about 30/40 minutes. They don't have a shuttle bus so can be costly if you are getting taxis down and back if you don't want to drive. Also i found the room let way to much light in at morning time.

Overall we cant wait to return to the hotel again. It is perfect for a relaxing break away and every staff member was so personable and friendly. Hard to find service like this in hotels nowadays.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hjs007
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I write this review while walking out the Cloisters Spa's doors. So, you can be sure that the experience is fresh in my mind. I couldn't wait to share this extraordinary find; it is that good. The Cloisters Spa is the definition of class. The staff go about their work with the greatest of expertise, tact and cordiality. Only whispers could be heard from them at all times. Sabrina, a 9 year veteran to massage work, is a credit to the Spa and her profession. Decor and interior design are exquisitely classical and regal. The range of facilities and treatments seem endless. I experienced calm when walking through the doors and complete refreshment upon walking out.

Room Tip: Again, Sabrina at the Cloisters Spa is highly recommendable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple