1,808 results
All reviewsyew tree restaurantmonks barhot towelsblue poolfree bikesbelfry suitejarvey's reststar hotelthe pubjourney homeoutdoor hot tubvitality suitevitality poolrelaxation roomtorc waterfallrelaxation areasteam room
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Amazing hotel, grounds and spa facilities. Very friendly and helpful staff. Also attending a wedding reception there which was wonderful. food was superb.
Our rooms were beautifully decorated and had lovely furniture too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie A
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We cannot get over the wonderful treatment we got from staff and management at this lovely hotel. I made a terrible mistake on our reservation..we arrived a day late ( I had looked at the checkout date on our reservation, not at the arrival date!). It was a "bank weekend ( 3 day weekend) and the hotel was fully booked and in the midst of hosting a huge wedding. When the reception desk person realized we had no reservation for that night I must have looked like I was going to faint..she immediately asked another staff member to get me a glass of juice and she proceeded to fix my error and to assure me that she would take care of us. She managed to put us up in the apartment section of the hotel grounds (the last one left!), and told me there would be no surcharge and that we would still get our complimentary full breakfast in the morning. We were then escorted to our apartment and well taken care of. The next day, a manager came to see us as I checked out. The policy is that if a customer has reserved on a credit card and is a no show, they get billed the full amount as a no show. I fully expected to have to pay for 2 nights as it was MY error...They did not do so. They took care of it and were so very gracious about it I could only thank them over and over. The hotel is beautiful. It has lovely grounds and a wonderful breakfast. I look forward to going back and experiencing their rooms...

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachsoulfl
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The accommodations were superior. Added luxury was the day at the spa. Staff was attentive to all needs. Breakfast was excellent. Highly recommend and if I returned to Ireland ,I would extend my time at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Guskin
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The Muckross Park Hotel is a vacation in itself. They have a wonderful spa complete with indoor pool, salt sauna, relaxation areas, and a full array of treatments to sooth the weariest traveller. The rooms are clean, furnished beautifully, and offer lovely amenities. The heated towel rack, cozy robes and complimentary slippers were a lovely touch.
The restaurants served delicious meals from breakfast to dinner. The concierge was helpful and friendly. I couldn't recommend a more beautiful hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hutchmistress
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night as an escape from the kids and decided to treat ourselves with a 5 star. The hotel is located in the middle of the national park but far out from town. There is no way you could walk it. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the room itself was lovely and clean and we slept well. One reason we picked the hotel was for the spa and pool but on check in learned that it was not complimentary for guests. We each had to pay €10 to use it. While the payment covers the duration of your stay, when you are only there for one night it's very expensive. We decide to do it anyway to unwind but in there we found several of the tiles in the various rooms and in the pool falling off and under you feet in the water. When we mentioned this, we were refunded the €20. Another point was the fact that around the outdoor hot tub the grass was being cut, followed by power hosing meaning that we couldn't go into it. This type of work should be carried out when the spa was closed. Food was vastly over priced even in the bar, although it was tasty and I did find the selection for the cold buffet breakfast disappointing.
For us a 5 star should be everything you want and more but this hotel does not do this and was more of a 4 star

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank paulspoon
SeanODriscoll, General Manager at Muckross Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Past Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed our accommodation and found our team to be helpful & friendly.

I thank you for your feedback on the spa charge. I wish to clarify that anyone having spa treatments has complimentary access to the Vitality Suite for the duration of their stay. For anyone not having treatments there is a €10 charge to use the Vitality & Thermal Suite. Our mission is to ensure the spa is always relaxing for those having treatments and doesn't become overcrowded. Having the charge in place ensures this doesn't happen. Many of our competitor 5* hotels charge €30 per person to use their thermal suite.

Unfortunately due to the heat in the thermal suite, the small mosaic tiles sometimes become loose. We do tile work in the spa approximately 8 times per year to address any issues. As I explained in the previous review, we are anxious to repair the tiles loose at the base of the pool, however as emptying and refilling the pool can take up to 5 days, we do want to do this over the summer months. I assure you the issue will be addressed in the winter.

I regret that you did not enjoy our breakfast buffet, as this is one of the things we receive the most positive feedback on, as you will see from previous reviewers. Our bar food dishes range in price from €5.95 to €21.95 for our 10oz steak, which is generally competitive for the 5* market.

I thank you again for your feedback and assure you that we share our feedback with all our team so that we can work on addressing any issues.

Kind Regards,