“Great Stay”

Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend and when we arrived we thought it was more a 4 star hotel until we met the staff and the spa and realised it totally deserves its 5 stars. The staff couldn't do enough for us,super efficient and extremely friendly . There was 2 weddings in the hotel and we never heard a sound so we had a great sleep. Breakfast was beautiful and we had dinner which was beautiful . we would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to return shortly, many thanks

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennyb29

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Amazing hotel. Wonderful and friendly staff, nothing too much trouble. Absolutely loved the gardens and relaxing areas both inside and out. Would certainly stay again. You have the best of both worlds super elegant classy hotel with great Irish pub attached. Loved it

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank carthyKenmare
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife and I stayed just one night in May and were very impressed with the Muckross Park Hotel. The staff was super-friendly, attentive, and very helpful and service-oriented. The hotel is very elegantly decorated and furnished. Our room was very large, looked out over the Muckross Rd. where we could watch horse carts pass by. Breakfast was first-class. And, you can step right next door to Molly Darcy's, an excellent and spacious Irish pub. There are also a bar and restaurant in the hotel. The hotel is just minutes by car from both downtown Killarney and Muckross Park, but you feel like you're out in the country.

If you're looking for a very relaxing stay that has a lot to offer including beautiful lobby, large rooms with modern bathrooms, spa, restaurant, bar, Irish pub and a great staff, check out the Muckross Park Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank IllinoisMike
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with many options on nearby activities you can walk to. It is right across the street from Killarney National Park where you can go hiking, biking or take a jaunting cart to see Muckross House, Abbey, & Torc Waterfall. There are no other restaurants within 2-3 miles but the hotel has several, the most enjoyable being Molly Darcy's. You can enjoy the pub atmosphere there with good food, especially the stew & great pints of beer. There are 2 other restaurants in the hotel & we had a full breakfast buffet each day that was delicious! The Monk's Lounge is the place to go for relaxation & a living room feel with a fireplace-very quiet.

The hotel is about 3 miles from the city centre (downtown) & there is lots of parking.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NUHusker
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Amazing hotel, grounds and spa facilities. Very friendly and helpful staff. Also attending a wedding reception there which was wonderful. food was superb.
Our rooms were beautifully decorated and had lovely furniture too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie A
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We cannot get over the wonderful treatment we got from staff and management at this lovely hotel. I made a terrible mistake on our reservation..we arrived a day late ( I had looked at the checkout date on our reservation, not at the arrival date!). It was a "bank weekend ( 3 day weekend) and the hotel was fully booked and in the midst of hosting a huge wedding. When the reception desk person realized we had no reservation for that night I must have looked like I was going to faint..she immediately asked another staff member to get me a glass of juice and she proceeded to fix my error and to assure me that she would take care of us. She managed to put us up in the apartment section of the hotel grounds (the last one left!), and told me there would be no surcharge and that we would still get our complimentary full breakfast in the morning. We were then escorted to our apartment and well taken care of. The next day, a manager came to see us as I checked out. The policy is that if a customer has reserved on a credit card and is a no show, they get billed the full amount as a no show. I fully expected to have to pay for 2 nights as it was MY error...They did not do so. They took care of it and were so very gracious about it I could only thank them over and over. The hotel is beautiful. It has lovely grounds and a wonderful breakfast. I look forward to going back and experiencing their rooms...

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachsoulfl
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The accommodations were superior. Added luxury was the day at the spa. Staff was attentive to all needs. Breakfast was excellent. Highly recommend and if I returned to Ireland ,I would extend my time at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends