“Fantastic hotel”

Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Absolutely love this hotel,this stay was our second and even better than the first!the staff honestly cannot do enough for you which was very much appreciated as both myself and my fiancé work in hotels.my fiancé proposed to me on our second day and the staff did everything they could to help him plan it.we ate in the restaurant one of the nights and I can honestly say it was the best three course meal we have eaten to date,absolutely delicious and the staff were very professional.breakfast was also delicious both mornings.its impossible to fault this hotel,can't wait to return next year!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,607)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We spent 5 nights in the Muckross Park Hotel on honeymoon, and cannot say enough about it. We were upgraded to a junior suite, which was pure luxury. Very comfortable bed, TV in bedroom, another TV in sitting room area, huge bathroom with jacuzzi bath & separate shower & toilet cubicles, bath robes, slippers, complimentary bottles of water, chocolates on our pillows each evening! Decor was lovely, room was spotless, other than for the fact that some dirt came out of the spouts in the jacuzzi bath when turned on at first. Staff throughout the hotel from reception, restaurant, bar, maintenance & cleaning staff were all very welcoming & chatty, and could not do enough for us. Molly Darcy's bar has a lovely country feel to it, with enjoyable evening entertainment. Special mention must be given to the chicken wings which were yummy!! The hotel is in the middle of the Killarney National Park, with pedestrian entrances right across the road. Views in the park are outstanding. The spa itself is not the best I have ever been to (I can't quite put my finger on it, but it lacks a cosiness and comforting feel I have experienced in others). Having said that, the treatments we received (Cloisters Special - full body exfoliation, full body massage & facial) were exquisite and the best I have ever experienced, and superb value for money. I would go back for more treatments alone!! We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My sister and I booked the Muckross Park Hotel via Expedia a month and a half before our Saturday and Sunday night stay. We arrived at around 6 PM on Saturday evening and were told that they had overbooked the hotel that night. We (and one other party) were forced to stay somewhere else. They did check around and booked us into another hotel in Killarney, but it was definitely a downgrade. We were very frustrated and upset, and it basically ruined our first night in Killarney. Fortunately, they were able to get us in on Sunday night, and they gave us a free room upgrade. They tried to make us feel better (and we did), but the Saturday night experience outweighed the Sunday night upgrades.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
SeanODriscoll, General Manager at Muckross Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Past Guest,

We sincerely apologise for having to book you out for 1 night. We do our utmost to avoid such situations. By way of apology, I understand that you were upgraded to the Presidential Suite on the 2nd night with complimentary dinner for two. I apologise again for the inconvenience & upset caused.

Kind Regards,

Sean O'Driscoll

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed in the hotel before for a wedding so it was a quick visit. When we came across a special offer for 2 nights accommodation we couldn't resist.

The staff are extremely helpful & welcoming.

The room was large & spacious & I loved the decor in the room. The bed was big & very comfy. Bathroom consisted of seperate bath & shower.
Was lovely idea leaving chocs & wine & water in the room for our arrival.

Breakfast was yummy, lots of choices for hot & cold foods, service was 2nd to none.

We dined in Molly Darcy's bar on both nights, service was fast & food was delicious with generous portions. Loved the setting & the Irish music that was played.

The spa is amazing! It's like a different world & I highly recommend it. The pool & steam room etc are free to use when you are a guest in the hotel.

We really enjoyed our stay, it was so relaxing.

We will definetly return again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My finance and I have just returned from the most spectacular trip anyone could ever have asked for. My partner booked the Muckross Park Hotel and Spa as a surprise. What a surprise it was…On arrival at the hotel the grounds and views are fantastic, but it’s the moment that you walk into the entrance that you realise what’s in store. The hotel is absolutely immaculate, the spa beautiful but what makes this hotel so wonderful is the attention to detail of the superb staff.

My finance proposed to me during our trip. All of the hotel staff knew, and had clearly been briefed. They could not of done more for us during our stay. He proposed at Torc Waterfall (a five minute drive away). The hotel staff drove us down to the spot and had organised a champagne picnic. It was magical.

From the moment we stepped into the hotel the staff – from the gardeners, to reception, to spa, to restaurant staff were all outstanding.

The rooms were lovely with lots of added extras like chocolates, wine, robes and slippers. The breakfast was delicious with your very own pastry and jam selection. The main restaurant food was out of this world. Absolutely delicious! After four courses though, we were quite full, we still managed a macaroon! The pub at the back was a brilliant added feature for a chilled out place to eat and have a few drinks. It has a real traditional Irish feel. I'm a spa lover. I've been to quite a few spas now and the spa at this hotel was amazing. I had a massage and body scrub treatment during my stay. It was lovely! I felt so relaxed and revived after it.

We will definitely be revisiting on anniversaries and are even considering the hotel as an option for a wedding venue!! I couldn’t of chosen a better venue for such a special memory.

Thank you to all at Muckross Park for everything.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GemmaWharton
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We recently spent two days at Muckross Park Hotel in Killarney, and it was a top quality experience. The people provided us with a warm welcome and gracious service. The facility, including the spa, is of high quality. Excellent food for dinner and breakfast. A very special place!

Room Tip: We had a very comfortable room at a good value for money.