“Very Homely”

Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Over-all experience was fabolous. We stayed 2 nites and didn't need to leave the hotel, our every need catered for. the spa is out of this world, the yew tree restraunt is well worth a vist. Quality food and warm, friendly staff. The beauty of this hotel is the many options for dining and/or having a drink. the atmosphere is very relaxed giving it a homely feel.

There are newer reviews for Muckross Park Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just stayed there 2 nights and it was just perfect! The superior room was spacious and had a great view over the park. The staff and the service in general were fantastic. Dinner was superb and the breakfast really delicious. The spa was amazing and I would definitely go back! A real 5 star service!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon. We had a fantastic time there and have to state that the staff there are the friendliest I have ever come across. Teddy and Danny were always on hand to have a quick chat or give ideas for day trips or things to do. The hotel itself doesn't look over the top from the outside but once you step in it takes on a different feel altogether. It is beautiful everywhere, from reception to the Monks Lounge to the rooms and the Spa.

During our stay we availed of the free bikes to go for a cycle through the National Park which is just a brilliant service as it was great fun. We then arranged through the hotel to take a jaunting car to Torc Waterfall, we were collected at the door of the hotel in our carriage and brought through the park (seeing all the bits we missed the day before while concentrating on the cycling) and up to within 3 minutes walk of the waterfall. We had also arranged a picnic basket for the trip with the hotel and they provided us with sandwiches, loads of fruit, muffins, chocolate bars, pastries, water and most importantly a blanket!

We also treated ourselves to a couples ritual in the Cloisters Spa, which was fantastic as we had a hot tub to share for 30 minutes followed by an hours treatment, it really eased the muscles.

Overall I would definitely go back and I really cannot say how good the staff were.

2  Thank itsadifferentkev
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed here with my 2 young children in July 2013 for a 3 night break. I made an impromptu booking after sampling the excellent service and welcoming ambience at the hotel when we popped in for afternoon tea while passing through Killarney. I phoned the hotel to query the best room choice for myself and my 2 daughters and the gentleman on reception was so helpful as it can be difficult to book online when the room type you require isn't a typical one. From start to finish we thoroughly loved our stay here. We were surprised and delighted when upgraded to a beautiful suite on arrival. It was such a treat. The tower suite is simply a beautiful haven. It's decor and layout is among the very best I have
seen. My children adored the space, balcony area and giant jacuzzi bath with music built in.The staff in all areas of the hotel were warm, friendly, attentive without intrusive and
had a genuine welcoming approach. One lady who served at breakfast and afternoon tea was wonderful with my daughters in particular. Sorry I have forgotten her name but I hope when we go back to find she's still there! We ordered room service dinner in our suite one evening and it arrived promptly,the value for money and tasty menu choices were much enjoyed. On leaving the hotel it was a lovely touch when they gave little gift bags to all guests with complimentary mineral water, sweets and a thank you letter. Overall we enjoyed our luxury stay immensely and hope to return again this summer.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The outside of the Hotel is a little unassuming however this belies the fantastic service and decor of the Hotel inside. The room was tastefully decorated and very clean with a view of the mountains. The staff were very attentive and charming with little touches like a hot towel when you arrive after a days travel. The breakfast was stunning and all served with a silver service, a five star hotel in every way. We will be back.

2  Thank John T
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in muckross park hotel for 2 nights recently. It was a fantastic stay in a beautiful hotel and the service was exceptional. I don't have a single complaint on any part of my stay.
I had food in the restaurant and it was lovely. Our waiter Andreas was super and meet all of our requests for off menu additions.
The spa is one of the best I've been in and the tranquility is very relaxing.
All in all I'd give this hotel 10 out of 10. And will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Spent two days at the hotel. Accommodation was very clean and comfortable. Staff meet you as soon as you arrive, and assist you with luggage to your room. All staff we came in contact with were both polite and helpful. Thank you Danny and Donagh. Breakfast was first class with a choice of menu from either kitchen or self service.
No problem recommending a stay here anytime.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple