“A Presidential Experience”

Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stayed at the Muckross Park Hotel and Spa for one night on our trip around Ireland. From the moment we walked in the door to the time we left we were treated like royalty by the staff of the hotel and spa. The reception staff were friendly and prompt when checking us in and explained everything thoroughly, we even were surprised when we got upgraded to the huge presidential suite! That evening we visited the vitality spa to relax, had a drink at Molly o'darcy's (pub attached to the hotel), and dinner at Yew Tree (their restaurant) - everything was smooth - there was even a wedding party happening that evening but it was not loud at the hotel at all. Breakfast the next morning was great , scones and breads are served with your coffee or tea and you have a hot and cold buffet to choose from. We also visited the spa again that morning, and my massage and facial was perfect and so was my husbands. Highly recommend this hotel, restaurants, and spa. I recommend booking them directly to get some better deals as well. We would definitely go back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,608)

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We spent two nights here. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but this hotel, while lovely, is not in 5 Star condition as advertised. The rooms and hallways are a little bit worn. That said, very clean and the Spa was incredible. Located in a beautiful national park, a great setting. The highlight for us was the beautiful Irish breakfast in the morning. We were very lucky to have Trish as our server and she brought sunshine into our morning along with our tea.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I got married two days ago...and could not ask for a better venue,the attention to detail was amazing,everything ran like clock work,thanks to Mr Declan Sharkey the manager in charge of the whole event,he and the team made it look seamless,although a lot of hard work had gone in,the food was out of this world,and the guest have not stopped talking about it,the hotel is beautiful with good size rooms and the spa is a must,all the front desk staff are very kind and friendly and will do anything for you....thank you Declan and the team for a truly wonderful day.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I recently stayed here as I was a guest at a wedding. The venue itself was fantastic, with the staff at reception being extremely welcoming and accommodating as there was a few requests to do with the wedding and the 2 receptionists and porters could not have been more helpful. As expected in a 5 star hotel there are the usual simple touches that make a difference (newspapers delivered in the morning for example), even though I had to check out early the following morning a wake up call was offered without having to ask, along with breakfast delivered to the room.

The room itself was very comfortable and exceeded expectations. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the cleanliness was impeccable, There was not a spec of dust to be found in it, the housekeeping staff are a credit to the hotel. The only issue that I had with the bathroom was that there was no seal on the shower screen and even though the waterfall shower was amazing, it filled the bathroom with water rather easily.

Breakfast the following morning was beautiful, again far exceeding expectations, with very courteous staff. My only complaint would have been that some of the staff in the bar both at the wedding and also in Molly Darcys were very abrupt. I eat here on a fairly regular basis and I normally find the staff are fantastic, but on that particular night I did find it a pity that 1 or 2 let the side down. To the girl, Gráinne I think, working in the bar, she is a credit to the hotel, really friendly and great customer service.

I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone, and have done since staying. My only regret is not getting to visit Cloisters Spa as I had to leave very early on the Saturday morning.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and three friends stayed here for a night in June, we booked a spa package. The positives: the spa was a wonderful experience and the staff were extremely efficient and helpful, room was very clean, the location is perfect for a nice getaway and reception was very helpful in booking us a restaurant for a busy Saturday night.
Cons: The food in Molly's, the bar attached to this hotel is far from 5 star, we then went into the bar in the main hotel and ordered 4 cocktails. It was obvious from the beginning that the bartender did not know what she is doing, when we got our drinks there were like poison and we sent them back to weaken them but when they came back they were just as bad. This is not acceptable for a 5 star property and as a result I would be very slow to return unfortunately.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Catherine G
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I do not usually write reviews for the hotels I am staying but for The Muckross Park Hotel, I will make an exception. This is the absolute hotel for couples and newlyweds. Although I was traveling with a friend, they offered us the George Bernard Shaw suite. That was a great surprise! It was a room from the past...! At the pros the location (in the heart of Killarney National Park), the friendly stuff and the chefs. Breakfast and dinner were beyond our expectations. I recomend this hotel for the absolute romantics and I hope to return back to that suite, very soon, with my boyfriend this time!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Theano2014
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This hotel is located on a short driving distance from Killarney surrounded by forests. There is a high end restaurant (Yew Tree) in the hotel and there is also a typical Irish pub. We enjoyed both and the high end restaurant was especially nice. The wait staff was very friendly and they were the same who where there again for breakfast. It seems like they make some long days, which did not affect their friendliness at all. Breakfast includes some traditional Irish food which was great. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to explore the Killarney area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple