“cead mile failte”

Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 26 September 2010

myself and my partner were greeted at reception by a very friendly receptionist called caroline who made us feel welcome the minute we entered the hotel,we were then brought to over room by the porter,the room was just perfect with ever attention to detail.we then went to the spa and spent an hour just relaxing,again the staff were excellent and provided us with refreshing fruit drinks as we got out of the pool.later that evening we had a beautiful meal in the restaurant,all in all it was a very pleasant experience.well done lads keep up the good work.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,607)

Reviewed 24 September 2010

The staff in all areas of the hotel were excellent and we were made to feel special at all contact points.
I would recommend a package that includes dinner and spa access as the hotel although well situated for touring, is a little way outside of Killarney.
The room was clean, comfortable and really well positioned so we enjoyed both our sleep experience and the facilities.
The spa was well equipped and is well worth a visit.
Breakfast is really excellent with great food served in pleasant surroundings by a friendly team that really seemed to enjoy meeting their customers.
We had the "fine dining" experience in GB's and this was also very good with high quality food served by friendly and efficient staff.
There were however a couple of downside's from our stay - I was disappointed that the Residents Bar was closed (unusual for a 5 star hotel) and there was no obvious place to have a pre dinner drink in comfort. In addition the piano bar had no pianist and it would have been nice to relax and listen to some music.
The main disappointed was Molly Darcey's, the pub attached to the hotel, as this served really average food in a poorly lit bar with sticky tables. Unfortunately this was part of my specific package so I felt I had no option.

Advice to hotel management - do something about Molly's the offer needs to be refreshed and it needs to be better integrated with the rest of the hotel.

Congratulations on the quality of the staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I Got married in Muckross Park in August and it was flawless from start to finish. From the day we decided to go with MPH they were fantastic to deal with, nothing was a problem and their guidence for my special day was so spot on.The moment we arrived at the Hotel Everything ran smoothly, food was supberb, staff were the nicest right down to the glass collectors. The Spa was somthing out of this world. Management were the best I have seen anywhere. I can't put into words my experience that we had at MPH. They really made our day special. Thank You.....

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2010

This is some hotel
This is some location
The staff are tremendous
The room was terrific
Free wifi
The food was to die for.
If you get a chance try this hotel and USE THE SPA

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I got a weekend in spa hotel as a present from my boyfriend for my birthday.
I was very excited for the hotel it self as well as for a trip to Killarney as it was my first time there.
We arrived to the hotel late Friday and have been welcomed by staff at the doors.
I have to admit that the hotel makes great first impression it’s only a bit later the fairytale vanishes.
Staff at the reception was very kind and helpful.
We have been brought to the room and introduced to its equipment.
At firs I thought ‘great’: big bed, specious room until I looked into the bathroom. 3 stars hotels haven’t had such a mould on the shower like this one.
I’m not sure how much time cleaning ladies are spending in one room but surely they do not spend to much of it in bathrooms.
There was few more small things that made me think it shouldn’t be 5 star hotel. Cleanness was one of them :
- The lace curtain both in our room and corridor were dirty
- Carpet was hoovered only in the central part of the room
- Sitting area on the front of the hotel was all dusty
- Paint in the spa was flake
- Tiles in the spa area were broken
Breakfast was very basic. Buffet has had neither ham nor yellow cheese.

Only one thing in this hotel was beyond reproach it was its staff. Very nice and helpful since the very beginning of our stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We stayed in the hotel on their 5 day package which included 3 dinners, a picnic and hire of bicyles on one day. This package for our family of 5 was fantastic value. We were greeted on arrival by Ted in concierage who was extremely helpful, friendly and informative about what we should do and see during our stay.

We stayed in the historic suite, which was extremely spacious. It had a large living area and two bedrooms. One of the bedrooms for the children was a galley bedroom with a large velux window. This room was extremely hot during the day and quite uncomfortable to sleep in at night. There was no blind on the window, so the sunlight was very strong. This might also be a problem if you had young children as they would be awake very early in the morning.

The suite also had only one shower between the 5 of us which could be a problem when you have teenagers! My husband and I resolved this by showering down in the Cloisters Spa each evening. The 2 bathrooms were definetely in need of a face lift. They were the most dissappointing part of the suite. Another reviewer mentioned about the televisions in the rooms. We are not particularly into technology but the TVs could do with replacing. The picture on most of the stations jumped up and down, making it impossible to watch anything.

The website of the hotel promised a treat of foot-cream or aromotherphy oil at turndown service. This did not materialise. In fact we were not left anything. The turndown service was particularly bad. They did not replenish towels or toiletries, and did not lift used towels. They literally turned down the quilt. One night we happened to be there at turndown and watched as a male member of housekeeping walked out past us with a large bag of chocolates. I don't know who he was intending to give them to! Our children were not impressed with this.

We found the food in the hotel restaurant to be of a high standard and had 3 lovely meals there. Breakfast is definetely basic with a limited choice, but we didn't have any complaints there either. The waiters and waitresses were extremely nice and friendly, and nothing was too much trouble.

The cloisters spa is the most luxurious part to the hotel and my husband and I used the thermal spa and pool at the end of each day. (Children under 18 are not permitted ). During our stay however none of the steam rooms were working which was dissappointing.

It would take very little to bring this hotel back to its 5 star status. Everyone was so nice to us during our stay that I feel a little guilty writing anything negative!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Tonifermanagh
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We got married in the Muckross Park Hotel on the 16th of July this year. We had a civil ceremony in the Atrium followed by the reception. We stayed down the night before and had a barbecue for friends and family. Our whole experience was amazing. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are beautiful, the spa is heavenly and the girls in the spa are great (special thanks to Michelle for the great job on our make-up), the food was delicious and the service was brilliant. We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived until we left. All our guests were thrilled and we couldn't recommend the hotel and it's staff more highly. Thank you to Muckross and Niall Tangney in particular for the best two days.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family