“Loved it!”

Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
New York
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 28 April 2007

I stayed here for two nights during part of a tour. It was wonderful. The room was very comfortable and clean. There was no view but we werent in the room much so it was not a concern. You can walk to everything from this hotel as it is situated in the heart of town. The restaurant was great, I had seen the reviews about Betty and luckily got to meet her myself! She was a pleasure as was the rest of the staff here. There is a beautiful lobby area with a nice fireplace and the pub was a lot of fun. I would definitely come back here.

• Liked — location, staff, nicely decorated
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed April 2007
3 Thank brooke06

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Ireland
Reviewed 27 April 2007

We stayed at this hotel for three nights & the four of us loved different things about the hotel.

One loved the antique furniture & period decor, socond loved the location - right in the middle of town.
The third loved the sitting room with a 'real' fire.
I have to confess to loving the food ( we had breakfast & dinner here). The scones in the morning were fab!

Many thanks to the excellent for making our trip so enjoyable.

The Carlow 4!

• Liked — Staff, hotel v clean & fab food!
  • Disliked — No Car park facilities - but there is pay parking next ddor
3 Thank CarloGirl
Portlaoise
Reviewed 25 April 2007

I have stayed in the Arbutus more times than I can remember.. I ALWAYS stay there ( if there's room) even if i'm working in Tralee or the surrounding area.. it is the nicest hotel in Killarney ......... ( believe me i've tried a few).. it has a great atmosphere from the moment you walk in... the staff are very friendly, and nothing is too much for them ( I often book in very late at night)..the bar is a great place to be with music ,,good company and good humour... there are also quiet areas where you can just sit and enjoy the peace (sitting in front of a big open fire)... the food is excellent......(I love my food).. and the breakfast !!! .. my only complaint is that ..during the summer i've not been able to get a room as it is always popular.. it is a small hotel compared to some that I stay in.. but remember...'They Dont Make Diamonds As Big As Bricks'
Tony W. Portlaoise/Dublin

Stayed April 2007
2 Thank firealarmman
dublin
Reviewed 21 April 2007

Being a couple of widely traveled Dublin people, and having never visited county Kerry,My wife and i decided we would choose a family owned hotel in Killarney. We choose the Arbutus which is in the center of town and we are so glad we did. My Wife is quite fussy regarding her food... She was more than pleased...Top marks Chef thank you. In fact ALL the staff were pleasent and most helpfull . We felt at home as soon as we entered and were sad to leave. I will use it again.......Mr and Mrs. R. Kavanagh.

• Liked — Food.....Cleaanliness.....Staff
  • Disliked — mmmmm
  • Stayed April 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank DublinDub1
Waterford
Reviewed 17 April 2007

We have just returned from a weekend away in killarney where we stayed in the Arbutus, we were more than happy with the service and home-like atmosphere. The staff were more than friendly and accommodating. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. We could not want for anything. The food in the restaurant was delicious and we were once again greeted by the friendliest of staff there and thouroughly enjoyed the meal.
The location of the hotel is very convenient to the town with everything within easy walking distance. I would reccomend this hotel to a friend! All in all, a most enjoyable weekend was had and it would definately be our first port of call if we were ever again going to Killarney..

• Liked — the comfort and friendliness of the staff
  • Disliked — the lighting in the room
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tri0na
New York
Reviewed 12 April 2007

I stayed at the Arbutus with my family in April. The staff were most accommodating to my two young children who are picky eaters. The food was delicious and the atmosphere of this historic hotel was so charming. The antiques and furnishings really made me feel like I was in a special place, not just a run of the mill chain hotel. There are two cozy fireplaces in the lobby area with chairs and couches to lounge and read on. A great pub attached to the hotel also had a fireplace and Irish music every night. The service throughout the hotel and pub were top notch. Betty was especially helpful and delightful! I would definitely go back to visit the Arbutus again.

• Liked — The atmosphere, service and food
  • Disliked — Beds could have been more comfortable
2 Thank Traveler86NewYork
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 8 April 2007

I have just returned from staying in the Arbutus Hotel, Killarney for two nights with my wife and my three children aged 15, 12 and 2.
When I first stepped into this hotel I noticed the lovely warm decor which was a wonderful change from the impersonal, high-rise hotels which are so common today.

But, the best thing about the Arbutus is the welcome and hospitality that you recieve while staying there. Mrs.Buckley, the Buckley family and all of the staff made such an effort to get to know each individual guest and to make their stay as pleasant as possible. The Arbutus is quite a small hotel but this only adds to its personal touch. It's conveniently located in the centre of Killarney. The restaurant is superb, I looked forward to waking in the morning because of the wonderful breakfast I knew I was about to eat. The dinner there was just as excellent, with the waiters very helpful, especially with our young child and providing a high chair for him.
My wife and I had one room with a cot for our baby, and my two elder children stayed in the room beside ours. Both of these rooms were fabulous and had everything that you would want: they were airy, comfortable and both had spacious ensuites.

Our stay at the Arbutus was most enjoyable and it is a wonderful hotel that I would highly reccomend to any person visiting Killarney.

• Liked — The hospitality and welcome
  • Disliked — Lack of private car park
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank waterfordfamily