“Excellent Location, Superb Staff!”
Review of Brook Lodge Hotel

Brook Lodge Hotel
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We (Myself, my wife and two children) stayed for a week in Brook Lodge Hotel in Killarney a couple of months ago and I had sworn that I would take the time to write a review, which I never do. I stay in hotels every week with work and have travelled alot but I have never had such a great experience that I felt I needed to take the time to log on and write about it. Until now. The hotel is right in the centre of Killarney town (although you would never guess this from the scenic grounds you see in the photos), literally a two minute walk from the main street. In fact, some of the best restaurants in Killarney are on this main street and we indulged as often as we could. The bar in the hotel is a real gem, quite small and cosy, perfect for a quick drink before hitting the town. They serve a great selection of Irish Whiskey and the best pint of Guinness we had while we were in Ireland (this is probably something to do with the short distance from the keg to the tap, or so I'm told. Small bars=Good Guinness). The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Water pressure is outstanding. Staff were knowledgeable, gracious and friendly, they even organised trip's up to Moll's Gap and to the lakes of Killarney, both of which I highly recommend. All in all, Ireland is beautiful, Killarney is the most beautiful place we visited and Brook Lodge Hotel was the jewel in the crown. We will be back! Thanks Guys!

Room Tip: We saw three rooms and all are quite well appointed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Eoin L
brooklodge, Brook Lodge Hotel at Brook Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Eoin,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Brook Lodge Hotel and for taking the time to write your lovely review. We really appreciate your wonderful feedback and positive comments. It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Brook Lodge in August. We were suppose to be there for 1 night but the next hotel on our trip had our reservation for the wrong night. This was great with us as we really enjoyed our stay. The room is extremely large, the staff is friendly and the hotel is very close to the high street. We plan on going back to Ireland next spring and we will definitely be staying at Brook Lodge (hopefully for more than 2 nights). I stayed at a 5 star hotel in London that couldn't compare with Brook Lodge.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Linda0603

Dear Linda060350,

Thank you for taking the time to review Brook Lodge Hotel. We really appreciate your positive feedback and are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We would be delighted to have you and your husband stay with us again. I look forward to welcoming you back to Brook Lodge Hotel.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Great experience at this hotel. Great location near all the restaurants, pubs and shops of the city center but nice and quiet. Hotel is very clean and well maintained and the breakfast was the best we had at any hotel in Ireland. Eileen was very kind and helped us arrange a couple of tours as well as good advice and directions.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd H
brooklodge, Brook Lodge Hotel at Brook Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Todd H,

Thank you for taking the time to review Brook Lodge Hotel and for your wonderful feedback and positive comments. They are very much appreciated and mean a lot to us here at Brook Lodge Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I cannot say enough about both the staff and the location. This was definately a pleasure to stay at. The room was very comfortable and quiet. We were helped with both directions and places to see. The Pub had limited stock, but enough to help you relax. I'd recommend this Hotel to my friends and family that plan to stay in Killarney. I was not sure about leaving the room key each time we left, but it soon became apparent it was good choice. We never had to wait for the key regardless of when we came back. Although rated a 3 star, this was definately a higher rating than this.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor were quiet and cool in the evening. Ours was close to the desk which made...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Monty C,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Brook Lodge Hotel and for taking the time to write your lovely review. We really appreciate your wonderful feedback and positive comments. On behalf of everybody here, thank you for the kind comments. It really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys there stay as much as you did. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2013

The only reason that I didn't give this hotel a 5 star rating was because the wifi signal doesn't reach many of the rooms. They have a very comfortable lobby and I just went there to use wifi devices. This hotel was charming, quiet, clean, comfortable and the front desk staff was very kind and helpful. The location is just one block from the main downtown area which was perfect because it kept the noise down but was an easy walk to anything downtown. I was not looking for the commercial type lodging so the smaller inn feel was perfect. Breakfast had good options.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear LilRedNP,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Brook Lodge Hotel. We really appreciate your positive feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to apologise for the issue with the wifi during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Very conveniently located to town. Very nice room. No air condioning as with most places in Ireland and evidently no fans to loan. No ice machines but they can give you a glass of ice from the bar if you ask. Ice must be on the short list in Ireland. Room was quiet and by the end of the day, with the window opened, it cooled down, but I still would have liked a fan. Only negative was that I did not care for the breakfast. You could order off a limited menu, ie Irish breakfast, pancakes, scrambled eggs, etc, and there was a bar with fruits and cereals, but the taste was not there and I am not a picky person. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Wifi is poor on 3rd floor....sometimes hard to connect on other floors as well but it does work.
Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear calliecat56,

Thank you for taking the time to review Brook Lodge Hotel. We have taken all your comments on board as all our guests comments and opinions are very important to us. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Brook Lodge Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had a lovely two night stay at Brook Lodge. The room was spacious and very comfortable. We could walk into town, but it was quiet and peaceful. The breakfast had a wonderful selection and they even went out of their way to have special food for out dietary needs. They were very helpful with directions also. Wish we could have stayed there the whole time we were in Ireland!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 646lee646

Dear 646lee646,

Thank you for taking the time to review Brook Lodge Hotel. We really appreciate your positive feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.