“Excellent Value”
Review of Killarney Inn

Killarney Inn
Ranked #40 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed here last summer while doing tour of Kerry. Place was ideal, lots of parking, spacious room, clean bathroom. The breakfast could not be faulted lots available to fill you up for a day of touring. Bout ten min walk to the town centre so central enough.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Killarney Inn

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had 3 couples travelling and booked 3 doubles but got a twin, double and family room which wasn't a great start. Walked into the room and it felt like we had landed in the Sahara, the heater was on it's highest setting and we had to leave the room to let it cool down. The place is very run down and worn out, needs a huge overhaul. TV's are very very old and it didn't work in our room, our companions were missing the ariel connection. Breakfast was included and was tasty but the saucers our cups were on, were stuck to the table, we had to use both hands to move them a little bit. If you want somewhere cheap to put your head for the night it would be ok for the price but don't expect much from the place. We would only stay again as a last resort.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I'll break down my review into two parts; facilities and experience.

Facilities: are great! Room was clean, heater worked well and plenty of space in the room. Breakfast was included and excellent with buffet style juices, cereals and yoghurts, etc. and a full Irish breakfast made to order. Parking is free and there is plenty of space in the car-park.

My experience: was pretty good. We had two towels for the three of us, but a quick call down to reception fixed that easily. The receptionist told us that wifi doesn't work in all the rooms, but we had it fine in ours. There was a fire alarm around 11:30pm that was quickly sorted within minutes. Tea and coffee room was comfortable and easily accessible. I would recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: The room-book seemed to advertise that a phone exists (or once existed) in the room, but for the lif...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Owen T
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Did not have a great experience at this guesthouse. The room was dirty, dusty and was not up to the standard I expected. There was dirt on the bed linen including make up on the pillow. There was a spare bed made up in the room so could swap the pillows luckily but there was no one at the desk to talk to about this. There were cigarette burns in the carpet. The TV didn't work properly and overall was a very dirty room even for the price The place doesn't have a guesthouse feel to it at all. It is a budget price but I have stayed in plenty budget places in Ireland that make more of an effort. Would only recommend if you were stuck for a place to stay in Killarney but would advise to maybe go somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my Sisters Hen, dealt with Kayanne and I can't speak highly enough of how accomodaing and helpful she was! We stayed at the Kings Court house and it was very clean and lovely. The breakfast was very tasty and presentation was better than most hotels I've stayed at! Would definitely stay here again! It's very close to town centre and train station too!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Didi1978
Reviewed 31 August 2013

What a wonderful value for money clean and well run b/b, We stayed one night but will be sure to return next time we are in Killarney, my friend left his watch in the room, we phoned later in the day and the watch was found and they offered to post it to him, The staff were really nice and helpful

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2013

What a find! First I booked into Harmony inn on the 22nd of July for one night stay, it was amazing from the start. My trip to Killarney was spontaneous and i didnt know which B&B will be the best for me, so I thought to myself that ill follow my guts and the lowest price of course :), I rang them up in the early morning to ask if they have any room for a single person, they had no problem with checkin me in, I arrived few hours later and i was welcomed by a lovely blond lady. At the start i wasn't expecting stars and fireworks, but all mighty god i was suprised!!! My room was very clean, bathroom with great bath and what a comfy bed it was :) In the morning I went for my breakfast, which was fantastic, what a great choice... from smoked salmon to cerals! Everyone were so nice and they were working really hard to make everyone happy! After such a great experience I knew ill be back!!! So what I did i came back after few weeks with my boyfriend whos really fusy when it comes to B&Bs or hotels, sweet jesus, he loved it he was really pleased, it was close enough to town and far enough to have a nice sleep without any noises, ~I have to say that the standarts are waaaaay better than in Gleneagle Hotel (were we usualy stayed before) After stayin in Harmony inn, i will never stay in any other place again, ever again, what a great value for your pocket!!! I will be comin back as often as i can!!! Roza :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple