Gleneagle Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$224
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$254
Hotels.com
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$199
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
US$195
The Heights Hotel Killarney(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$153
Travelocity
US$573
TripAdvisor
Killarney Royal(Killarney)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,512 results
All reviewsgreen roomflesk restaurantbackstage barulster buscaptain jackglen eaglekids clubleisure centreentertainment every nightbalcony roompitch and puttshuttle busswimming poolbusy hotelbig hotelfamily roombit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stay here nearly every year and were never complaining. Everything is 5 star! We stay in the self catering which are clean and spacious. Great facilitates in the hotel (Pitch and Put, Tennis Courts, Kids Club, Swimming Pool, Squash courts, teen zone and lots more) The entertainment is outstanding! With Shows and Concerts showing most nights in the ballroom free for residents. There's loads to do around the area. Only a ten minute walk to town and about 20 minute drive to the best beaches around the area. We had breakfast and dinner most nights and the food is of a great standard and also great value for money. I'd like to thank all the staff at the Gleaneagle for making our stay amazing. Can't wait to return ! See you soon :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jerry M
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guests,

What can we say only a very big Thank you for this fantastic review, it says it all really..

We are delighted to hear that you choose to return to us every year and that you really get to make the most of all we have to offer here in the Hotel and Leisure Centre.

Thank You from all the Staff for the very kind mention and we look forward to having you stay again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

On arrival to the room the smell of disinfected which at first seem pleasant, then alerted us to the fact that there had been vomit previously in the room. Windows were certaintly not up to health and safety standards and we were very weary of the fact that they opened almost completely as we have two toddlers in our family.
Went for breakfast one morning and the manager was very abrupt. We give this particular morning the benefit of our doubt. However when my daughter and her partner joined us for breakfast the following morning and informed the manager that they would be paying for their breakfast as they were not staying in the hotel, her response was that they 'will pay'. Totally unecessary and not the attitude expected of a restaraunt manager. The breakfast was also very avearge and the bacon tasted like it had been cooked two days in advance.
Only positive note which we can make is it that the cleaning staff were very helpful and friendly.
We did complete a review card, however we seen no point in complaining directly to the hotel as we believed that there would not have been much acknowledgement made with regards to the complaints

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Antoinette2222

As Guest Relations Manager I would like to express how disappointed I am at learning of your experience while staying with us.

I would have appreciate if you had made your complaint known to us while you were here as we could have had a chat and discussed your issues and followed up accordingly. Our team here are usually very professional and for this reason I would like to apologise for any misunderstanding or inconvenience caused at the Restaurant, your comments have been addressed directly.

Please contact me directly should you ever have the occasion to visit again and I will ensure you have a more positive experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Saturday the 28th june the Glen Eagle rocked from the moment we arrived till we left we had a brilliant time Dickie rock and Jason Fallon gave us a night to remember having had a little hiccup on my last visit was a bit skeptical about this visit but guys ye nailed the night duty manager was excellent all the staff were lovely and because I was disappointed on my last visit the manager had a request played for me so thoughtful willl see you all again

Room Tip: balcony room for the summer is a must the rooms are a little bit warm
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachwalker126

Dear Guests,

Delighted to hear that your second visit was a more positive experience and I am aware of what happened on your first visit alright but thankfully Dickie Rock was on this time and he made your night special and you enjoyed Jason Fallon also. We are so happy and it’s fantastic that you choose to share this in your review. We are thrilled ,so thanks from all the Team.

If I can ever be of assistance in the future please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist in way I can.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hotel is located not far from the Killarney National Park, which is great if you want to spent much time outside. I found food in the restaurant delicious and various, and the service was great. The hotel is marked to have 3 stars, though I would give more stars to its restaurant. Hotel is located not far from the road, so if you prefer absolute silence, cars might cause some inconveniences. I would say, some rooms require repairs, but the view from the window compensates that :) The relation between price and quality was fair.

Room Tip: do not choose the highest floor - better somewhere in the middle (3rd, for example)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nataliya G

Dear Guests

On behalf of all the management & staff, I would like to thank you for taking the time to express such positive feedback in your review

Thank you for highlighting the lovely food we serve and the service we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much.

We hope you get to return soon again.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say only outstanding from the friendly shuttle bus driver James to our lovely waitress Myat in the restaurant . We stayed a week and an amazing one for that. .. pool was amazing tried gettig to it twice a day . Food was to dy for .. room was spotless and comfortable. .will defo be back again :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shelley B

Dear Guests,

What a lovely review you posted, thank you so much. It’s so nice when guests actually take the time to share their positive experiences with us and we really appreciate it.

Thank you for highlighting James our Bus Driver and Myatt in the Restaurant they were delighted to have been mentioned and are indeed great and very valuable members of our team here at the Gleneagle.

We certainly hope that you get to return to us soon and thanks again for the wonderful review.

Kindest Regards