“Lovely hotel service was brill staff very friendly”
Review of Gleneagle Hotel

Gleneagle Hotel
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
meath
“Lovely hotel service was brill staff very friendly”
Reviewed 30 September 2009

My stay was with my wife, a few nights away to relax. From the moment we entered the hotel we were greeted by friendly staff i was delighted with our room it was very clean,comfortable and when we needed anything the housekeeping staff were very helpfull, the resturant was great we were both very happy with the food. Having a shop in the hotel very handy was easy to get my hand on the paper, lesuire facilitlys were very clean and staff very friendly.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Polish first
cork
Reviewed 30 September 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights with family for a relatives wedding early 2009 which was held in the hotel. The rooms were nice and comfortable but I did feel there was something lacking. I do remember the weather was really bad so this could have been a lot to do with it and it being really quite that time of year. The breakfast was lovely everything you would want and it tasted great but I would go in to the town of Killarney for dinner, as the town has some great resturants for anyones fancy. The pool was fantastic, when I have kids I will be back because I found it was ideal for familys rather than a couples break but overall the hotel was lovely and think maybe I'll wait for kids to come along before I go back.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
carlow
Reviewed 28 September 2009

My stay was for the scooby doo show, it was brillant the kids had a great time it was very enjoyable.Our family room was very clean,cosy and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpfull i am looking forward to see what show's will be there next year as i will definitly return.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
here
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Eew! My Wife and I spent time here in Aug. / Sept. '09. At the end of our stay, we stripped the bed ourselves, as a courtesy to the housekeeping staff. Imagine our horror when we found the bottom sheet had a ghastly BLOODSTAIN on the underside. It quickly became apparent that our sheets had been used by the previous occupant(s). In this day of AIDS and many other Blood diseases, (apart from feeling like we had slept in a public lavatory), we left feeling unclean. We spoke to Olivier Papin & Noreen O'Gorman (HEAD Housekeeper!) and received a letter dated, 04/09/09 which apologised for the lack of professionalism of the housekeeping staff...should you have occasion to visit us again in the future, ...I will arrange a FAVOURABLE rate...and an upgraded room IF AVAILABLE. Wow! This guy really bent over backwards to rectify the situation, didn't he?! NOT impressed. NOT returning to catch a nasty disease from their DIRTY, UNWASHED, SOILED, PREVIOUSLY USED ...AS IN IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE LAST OCCUPANT, FILTHY SHEETS. Mr. Papin, if you are reading this, please consider refunding my money, as I paid it in the belief that I would have clean bedding to sleep on. I still do not feel clean after my horrid discovery.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank menotyouHere
dublin
Reviewed 29 August 2009

stayed with two siblings, in triple room. got good deal €120 a night for B&B thats for three of us. Nice room, very basic. no tea facilites. TV ok only few channels. only one key given between 3 of us, bit annoying. old fashioned decor, but clean. pool was nice and avl for ppl staying in hotel till 9 at night. nice lge pool, also steam room, sauna, and whirl pool. nice to relax after travelling all day. bit out of town, long walk in, but taxi not to dear. car parking is free. hotel is fancy enuf at reception. free entertainment at night for older people. buffet breakfast has everything you need.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Swords, Ireland
Reviewed 26 August 2009

I stayed in Gleneagle with my two kids and a friend, we had a good time, staff were nice, very helpful. We enjoyed the entertainement that was in the hotel, we also went out to the national park, hired bikes, took a jaunting cart trip, it was just great, the kids really liked the swimming pool and it suited me down to the ground. My kids were not bothered with kids club.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Midlands
Reviewed 20 August 2009

We stayed in the so-called 4 Star apartments. Looks great on the advertisement - I've stayed in better cheap student accomodation. The first apartment we were in smelt of smoke and beer, cheap lino tiles on the floors, windows that open with ease outwards (nightmare with the kids), poor noise insulation between apartments, phones that don't work, showers that need the sink taps surned on to get pressure, no bath, warm water in the cold water taps, chaos in the corridors at night with teenage kids on the loose, camper vans in the car park, overflowing food bins in the car park from the hotel, kids club that is more like mass babysitting with teenagers simply standing around watching the kids. When we complained they moved us straight away which was good. The newer apartments are better equipped and clean but the chaos in the corridors at night and the poor noise insulation was the same. The security had no impact in trying to stop them. The Hotel itself is old and beyond a makeover, the bar stinks like an old 1970s lounge, the corridors have torn carpet stuck with duct tape, the shabby walkway to the pool has leaks in the roof that they don't even bother putting a bucket under. If you are a family looking for a relaxing break with your kids in nice apartments with good kids facilities - Stay Away. On complaining we had our entire week refunded in full but our holiday was ruined.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family