“Gleneagle, Highly recommend it”
Review of Gleneagle Hotel

Gleneagle Hotel
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I recently stayed in the Gleneagle self catering apartments with a large group. The apartments were lovely. Very modern and clean A home away from home. .Ideal for large groups. Or speaking as a mother of two smalls kids it would also be ideal. It was the little touches that make a lasting impression. In the fridge was milk, lovely brown bread and butter. There was tea and coffee and little cereal boxes. The staff were very friendly and helpful. So all in all I would highly recommend the Gleneagle. The hotel itself was lovely. .I'll be returning again soon.

• Stayed: February 2011
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2011

Thank you so much to this Trip Advisor Member for your positive comments on our Gleneagle Riverside Apartments. They are indeed lovely & Homely and the good part is you get the use of the Hotel Facilities and the Residents Entertainment each night. They are very popular with families especially in Summer time with a Fab Kids Club & activities.

We pride ourselves on our service and our aim to please all our customers and ensure that they have a very memorable stay, so happy that you appreciated the little touches also and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you again for your lovely comments.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Many Thanks
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)

Reviewed 13 February 2011

We stayed in the Gleneagle Apartments for the weekend on my Hen night, the apartment were lovely, very spacious-they had vey nice touches like milk in the fridge and bread and cereal for breakfast! It was ideal for a group of us. We had dinner in the Restaurant and the food was lovely. The staff went were all very friendly and went out of their way to accommodate us. All the girls said they would go back there again

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Myself and my husband went away just for one night on the 22 Jan, I stay in at least half dozen Irish hotels a year, ok its your typical Irish grade 3 hotel, (bit dated) but cannot understand what people are complaining about??? Room was very clean, warm, breakfast was very good. We went to Brehon for evening food, but bar area was so boring we came back, had a brillant night in the pub with a live band. They had a lovely surprise in our room, when they heard it was our anniversary. Trust me I am the very first person to complain , but could not fault anything.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tasha75Ireland
Reviewed 17 January 2011

My wife and I recently stayed in this hotel as we were attending a show in the inec next to hotel. We had just book for one night and thank god that was all. We arrived to hotel late in the evening and checking in was very quick and no information was giving as to where our room was or where breakfast was and as to what time it was served at. We eventually we figured out the lift (a,b,c lifts) to our room. We walked into our room and talk about run down. My wife took her shoes off and was walking around the bed when next ting she realised the carpet was soaking wet and her socks were destroyed. The carpet had all stains in it and bathroom was filthy with the frame around the mirror hanging off. We rang reception and were told that the door must have been left open but I don't think so from those stains in the carpet!!! They sent a porter to move us to another room which wasva bit better in that I mean the carpet was dry at least. It was the first time ever in all hotels I have stayed in that I felt the need to check the bed sheets as I felt uncomfortable getting into bed without doing so. It was just a serious run down hotel and in dire need of a face lift. Another thing which made me laugh was the kettle in the room had a note along side it saying that it's stained from the water in the area and perfectly safe to use. Now it was destroyed in scale but the fact they felt it obviously didn't look right so instead of getting a new one they just stuck a note along side it. All I can say is it's a very poor hotel for such a lovely part of the country.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank munsterct
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2011

As Guest Relations Manager of the Gleneagle Hotel, I would like to express my concerns over this member’s experience while staying with us. This is not a regular occurrence here and one in which I intend to investigate with the relevant departmental managers.

I know for a fact that our front office team always explain which lift to take to the rooms and inform guests of the Breakfast times etc. I am extremely surprised to hear that this was not explained on this occasion as it is part of the check in procedure and is very much adhered to at all times.

I would like to apologize for the fact that these customers had to move rooms and for the inconvenience caused. I am truly sorry that their stay was not as expected and that they felt this way about the hotel. Should they wish to contact me to discuss these issues, I would be happy to speak directly to them to reassure them that this is not how we wish our customers to feel after a stay with us.

Kind Regards
Guest Relations

Reviewed 14 January 2011

stayed there in july last year staff were nice food was lovely .it was very busy tough was some cycling thing on but that didnt put us off rooms were great value and clean

• Stayed: July 2010

I would like to thank this Trip Advisor Member for your positive comments on their stay last July. The cycling event was most likely the Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle that takes place each year here in Kerry. Our Hotel is the at the finish point and many of them stop here to get some well deserved food and beverage after a long day cycling for charity and a nice hot shower.....

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you again for your lovely comments, which will be shared with all our Team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, if I can be of any assistance in future please contact me directly prior to your visit.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 8 January 2011

I stayed in the Gleneagle with my fiance for two nights b&b and 1 dinner. I have mixed feelings about the whole experience. In relation to the room, it was a nice size and very clean and the bar food is perfectly fine. However, the restaurant food left alot to be desired and on checking out, the receptionist tried to make us pay for a dinner, even though it was part of our deal. When we explained that dinner on one of the nights was part of the deal, he just shrugged and said 'right, then just the room service charge then' for the breakfast we had ordered to our room!! The hotel itself is really a matter of personal taste, there were alot of kids running around and a bit of a tacky feel at times, but on the upside, the room was lovely and the hotel is fabulously placed for tourist attractions.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MollyWillow
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2011

I would firstly like to thank this Trip Advisor member for taking the time to share their feedback and to thank them for their positive comments in relation to the bedroom & the Bar Food.

I wish to apologise for the fact that there was an incorrect dinner posting charged to your account. This would only have happened due to a technical error and most definitely was not deliberate, and yes, the Receptionist should have explained this to you better.

I notice that this customer’s date of stay was in August last year and would like to say that since then we have made vast improvements with our ongoing soft refurbishment plans which has included the Main Lobby area with new beautiful new carpet, wallpaper and décor which has provided a great lift to the reception area and all our regular customers have commented very positively on it and love the new look.

We hope that one day this customer will return and be pleasantly surprised and won’t have such mixed feelings.

(Please feel free to contact me directly should you decide to return and I will endeavour to ensure you fully enjoy your visit)

Kind Regards

Reviewed 31 December 2010

We cant understand why people are making such awful comments on this Hotel.
We had the most enjoyable break ever.
everything has been pleasant from the very beginning.
at the desk a very courteous lady checked us in in room 344 which had a very nice view
and a young porter helped us with luggage.
The room was spotless, warm and comfortable. it is really the case of "Home away from

Home" as Sean Keane says in his song "I was loaded with bacon and with sausages and tea" and this is the case when it comes to the buffet breakfast!!

we were always booked in for dinner at 6pm and not a minute later. we found the food
lovely and well presented, we were offered nice bottles of wine and has to be said that
these waitron know their job. So a big thank to the Restaurant Manager Geraldine and
the Chef brigade in the kitchen.

Killarney is a lovely little town with plenty to do around. And if you don't want to
leave the Hotel relax by the fireplace and enjoy a book and a cup of tea.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2011

On behalf of all the Management & Staff here at the Gleneagle we would like to thank this Trip Advisor Member for taking the time to express such heartfelt gratitude on their visit with us.

It is very much appreciated as all too often people sadly just tend to post negative comments about our hotel and we know from our huge amount of repeat clientele that there are many people that feel and experience what this customer described above.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you return in the very near future.

Many Thanks Again