“Lovely hotel, very family orientated” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gleneagle Hotel

Gleneagle Hotel
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Co Tipperary
“Lovely hotel, very family orientated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

Lovely hotel, had a family room, plenty big. Has two kids with us and they had a baby pantry so we could make bottles and store them and they proved a coth, bouncer and play mat. Hotel staff very nice. Good stay for a family. My daughter loved the pool and the indoor paly area.
Excellent value and meals included. Great choice.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2011
We would like to thank this Trip Advisor Member for your positive comments on their stay. Our aim to please all our customers and ensure that they have a very memorable stay.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you again for your lovely warm comments, and will share your comments with all the team who do fantastic job and this is one of the many reasons we were voted best family friendly hotel in Ireland. Once again thank you and we hope to welcome you all back soon, please feel free to contact me in advance of your arrival next time.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Polish first
Kerry
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

We spent one night in the gleneagle hotel, the kids facilities and rooms were lovely fab pool and very friendly staff in the activity centre. The restaurant however is disgraceful, the food was awful, completely tasteless and the staff were not friendly - we had a two course meal included in our stay our waitress insisted that night that our booking included a three course meal so we ordered two starters which were terrible and were charged for them when we checked out. We had the same receptionist for check in/out and she was very rude and unhelpful, left us standing at the desk for ten minutes with two babies and i am heavily pregnant - then rolled her eyes and said sorry i have to go go there are people waiting again - no help offered with our bags! Dont think we will go back but if we did def would eat somewhere else...

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We would like to express our disappointment for failing to reach this Trip Advisor Member’s expectations on this occasion. I wish to thank them for there positive comments in relation to the Rooms. the Pool and the Leisure Centre staff, who are indeed very friendly.

I am however a little surprised at having read the negative feedback on the food, and our staff being unfriendly. I have done some research into this customers stay and have spoken to the Receptionist in question. I find it unfair to say that she was rude & unhelpful, this particular Receptionist has worked for this hotel for many years and I personally would add that she has never been rude or unhelpful to anyone and if there was a delay with her attending to these customers it most definitely was not deliberate.

In relation to the Restaurant, I would like to offer a sincere apology for the miscommunication regarding the number of courses included in their “Lidl Break” package, which was a 2 course meal. Had they informed a member of staff or a supervisor in the Restaurant they did not enjoy they’re starter, they would have happily have changed them & offered an alternative.

Our Menus are changed daily and have a choice of at least 4 / 5 Starters & Main Courses every night, and I must add that our food and variety of choices is one of the top points of positive feedback that we receive.

We thank this Trip Advisor member for their comments. We monitor Trip advisor closely and it is a valuable source of customer feedback for us.

We would also like to use this opportunity to encourage any of our guests, who are unhappy with an element of our establishment, to make themselves known to management or our Guest Relations team during their stay. Perhaps we would then be able to address the issue before they depart as we strongly believe that we, here at the Gleneagle we provide an excellent service and value for money.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

Stayed in the gleneagle apartments for a friends hen. The rooms are lovely, spotless & spatious. We got a great deal with dinner & lunch included. It really was great value & the food was lovely. It's a short taxi drive into town with great pubs. I would definitely recommend the apartments for a hen or other party venue.

• Stayed February 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2011
We would like to thank this Trip Advisor Member for their positive comments on their recent visit to the Gleneagle River Apartments while attending their friends Hen Party. I remember this group and how lovely everyone was…. What a pleasure it was to have had such a wonderful group of people.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay in the Apartments and the Hen Party itself was such a success. Thank you again for taking the time to post your feedback always so nice to receive and share with all the Team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon again and if I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Kind Regards
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

I recently stayed in the Gleneagle self catering apartments with a large group. The apartments were lovely. Very modern and clean A home away from home. .Ideal for large groups. Or speaking as a mother of two smalls kids it would also be ideal. It was the little touches that make a lasting impression. In the fridge was milk, lovely brown bread and butter. There was tea and coffee and little cereal boxes. The staff were very friendly and helpful. So all in all I would highly recommend the Gleneagle. The hotel itself was lovely. .I'll be returning again soon.

• Stayed February 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much to this Trip Advisor Member for your positive comments on our Gleneagle Riverside Apartments. They are indeed lovely & Homely and the good part is you get the use of the Hotel Facilities and the Residents Entertainment each night. They are very popular with families especially in Summer time with a Fab Kids Club & activities.

We pride ourselves on our service and our aim to please all our customers and ensure that they have a very memorable stay, so happy that you appreciated the little touches also and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you again for your lovely comments.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

We stayed in the Gleneagle Apartments for the weekend on my Hen night, the apartment were lovely, very spacious-they had vey nice touches like milk in the fridge and bread and cereal for breakfast! It was ideal for a group of us. We had dinner in the Restaurant and the food was lovely. The staff went were all very friendly and went out of their way to accommodate us. All the girls said they would go back there again

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2011

Myself and my husband went away just for one night on the 22 Jan, I stay in at least half dozen Irish hotels a year, ok its your typical Irish grade 3 hotel, (bit dated) but cannot understand what people are complaining about??? Room was very clean, warm, breakfast was very good. We went to Brehon for evening food, but bar area was so boring we came back, had a brillant night in the pub with a live band. They had a lovely surprise in our room, when they heard it was our anniversary. Trust me I am the very first person to complain , but could not fault anything.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tasha75Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

My wife and I recently stayed in this hotel as we were attending a show in the inec next to hotel. We had just book for one night and thank god that was all. We arrived to hotel late in the evening and checking in was very quick and no information was giving as to where our room was or where breakfast was and as to what time it was served at. We eventually we figured out the lift (a,b,c lifts) to our room. We walked into our room and talk about run down. My wife took her shoes off and was walking around the bed when next ting she realised the carpet was soaking wet and her socks were destroyed. The carpet had all stains in it and bathroom was filthy with the frame around the mirror hanging off. We rang reception and were told that the door must have been left open but I don't think so from those stains in the carpet!!! They sent a porter to move us to another room which wasva bit better in that I mean the carpet was dry at least. It was the first time ever in all hotels I have stayed in that I felt the need to check the bed sheets as I felt uncomfortable getting into bed without doing so. It was just a serious run down hotel and in dire need of a face lift. Another thing which made me laugh was the kettle in the room had a note along side it saying that it's stained from the water in the area and perfectly safe to use. Now it was destroyed in scale but the fact they felt it obviously didn't look right so instead of getting a new one they just stuck a note along side it. All I can say is it's a very poor hotel for such a lovely part of the country.

• Stayed January 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank munsterct
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2011
As Guest Relations Manager of the Gleneagle Hotel, I would like to express my concerns over this member’s experience while staying with us. This is not a regular occurrence here and one in which I intend to investigate with the relevant departmental managers.

I know for a fact that our front office team always explain which lift to take to the rooms and inform guests of the Breakfast times etc. I am extremely surprised to hear that this was not explained on this occasion as it is part of the check in procedure and is very much adhered to at all times.

I would like to apologize for the fact that these customers had to move rooms and for the inconvenience caused. I am truly sorry that their stay was not as expected and that they felt this way about the hotel. Should they wish to contact me to discuss these issues, I would be happy to speak directly to them to reassure them that this is not how we wish our customers to feel after a stay with us.

Kind Regards