“Totally Awesome”

Fuchsia Guest House
Ranked #38 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I traveled around Ireland for two weeks and this was by far my favorite B&B. Nothing else even came close, actually. I felt that the rooms were suitable for royalty. The huge bathtub was great too, the views of the garden are nice. Finally, the breakfast too was the best I had during my whole two weeks in Ireland, and the breakfast room too was very nice, looking out onto the garden. If the price is right for you, you cannot go wrong on this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank mari99

Reviewed 30 September 2011

I travel very often to ireland and i´ve been this year with my girlfriend for one week in killarney. the fuchsia house is very familiar, always clean and right on the national park. the lovingly furnished rooms speak for themselves and the food is fresh and always been very tasty. all requests are read from the lips. the hospitality of the family is the best that I could learn and will continue to always find the way out there. the fuchsia house is for me one of the best bed and breakfast in Europe. greetings from germany

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve K
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I stayed here with my son last week for just one night. I was sorry that I was unable to stay longer once I arrived at the guest house. We were warmly welcomed by the man of the house who treated us both very kindly. I sorted out the bill immediately and the man gave my son some change back out of the money i had given him.
Our room was absolutely beautiful and the hall was filled with the aroma from the llies in the hall. The decor was rich and the crystal chandlers in each room really set the rooms off. The rooms were all spotless and the choice at breakfast time was as good as five star hotels ive stayed in.
The lady of the house told us of the tourist attractions in the town etc.
I will definately will return to this guest house again. I was a superb location.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We had stayed at Fuchsia House 5 years ago on our first trip to Ireland and loved it so much we returned again this year. Although the owners are new, the house remains lovely, clean, beautifully decorated, and the breakfast was excellent. A great location - we walked to town both nights we were there. A great value - I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I've alvways heard about Irish hospitality but being from New Jersey had my doubts. The family that own Fuchsia Guest House proved me so wrong. Within minutes of meeting them, we all felt like family. They told us the best places to eat, to swim and to hear Irish music. The breakfast was more them ample with pancakes, waffles, freash fruit, cereal and more. We like the house so much we actually extended our stay with them. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: Back of house has nice patio view.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I have been coming to Ireland every other year for my entire life (50 this year). My parents are both from Cork and felt very strongly about having my brothers and I know our cousins, aunts and uncles and grandparents. Lucky us! Needless to say we have stayed in every type of accommodation under the sun and the Fuschia House is the best in my opinion. It is comfortable and beautiful and feels to me as if I am in my own home but with staff to attend to all the details. I don't love hotels in general because they are a little too impersonal and the food is not usually as good as at a small place except if you pay a fortune. Fuschia House's food (breakfast) is cooked to order and delicious. It reminds me of the Irish breakfasts I was lucky enough to have as a child, made by my own grandmother who was a wonderful cook. The rooms are pretty and comfortable, especially the larger ones at the back of the house. THE ON-LINE PHOTOS DO NOT DO IT JUSTICE!!! Stayed here about 6 years ago with my three girls and it was perfect! I also came back a year ago with my husband and it was like a second honeymoon. I plan to come again soon when I am in the Killarney area!

Room Tip: no bad rooms
  • Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I chose Fuchsia House at random from several guest houses I found on the internet. To say it was a lucky choice is the understatement of the year. I was staying in Killarney to attend a big event at the Gleneagles Hotel, which is a 5 minute walk from Fuchsia House. I honestly can tell you the standard in this Guest House is as good as anything you might find in a 4 star hotel. The rooms are absolutely magnificent...being furnished with genuine antique and high quality furniture, and the bed linens are gorgeous. The bathroom was spotless and as good as hotels I have stayed at in London or Las Vegas. The breakfast was really nice, served with sliced wholemeal bread from a bakers loaf, not a supermarket variety. Neal and Marie are genuinely lovely people, and Neal even drove me back to the airport when I was leaving, something he did not need to do, and it’s a good few miles too. It is so nice, and the area is stunningly beautiful with all the mountains surrounding Killarney, that I am going to return with my wife and daughter in the spring of 2011.
In summary, Fuchsia House is way way above the standard you would expect of a guest house...it is more like a 4 star hotel standard in my opinion. but without the formality (or prices!)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo