“Excellent Bed & Breakfast! Lovely Owners!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Killarney Lodge

Killarney Lodge
Ranked #7 of 145 Killarney B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent Bed & Breakfast! Lovely Owners!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

My husband and I, 40-somethings were traveling with my parents, 70-somethings. This was the favorite amongst all of us during our trip to Ireland. The rooms and baths were more like what my parents had expected, i.e. closer to American sizes. The beds were amazing, the showers hot and the owners and their staff could not have been more helpful. I am gluten free and the owner made sure I had GF toast and muesli for breakfast, she even had GF biscuits waiting for us when we checked in and found tea and coffee waiting for us. If ever my path darkens Killarney again, I will be rebooking here!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
KillarneyLodge, Owner at Killarney Lodge, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us a great review.

best regards,
Catherine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed 3 nights at the Killarney Lodge during a week-long golf holiday. The lodge was a very comfortable, friendly place. Rooms were large and bathrooms were fine with good water pressure. The location was a 5 minute walk to the main street in Killarney which was fine because the lodge itself was in a quiet location. The staff was very friendly and they made excellent breakfasts. Will surely stay here on my next visit to Killarney.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
KillarneyLodge, Owner at Killarney Lodge, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time go to review Killarney Lodge.

Pound Ridge, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

We just arrived home from a 8 day trip to Ireland. it was fantastic and non-stop from the moment we landed at Shannon Airport. I had heard the true way to see Ireland and enjoy the Irish heritage was to stay at bed & breakfast inns oppose to hotels. When visiting Killarney, we stayed at the "Killarney Lodge". We were not disappointed. First off, on arrival there is hot tea and scones. Catherine Treachy, the inn keeper, was so welcoming and warm. The rooms were very clean, spacious and comfortable. They had free wifi, and a computer area to check emails. Breakfast was stupendous, with a large selection. The Cinnamon toast with syrup and bananas was my favorite. The inn was very convenient to the main town (a two minute) walk, but at the same time far enough not to hear a lot of noise at night from the pubs. Catherine and the staff were always so accommodating with anything we needed, such as, laundry, restaurant suggestions, reservations, advice on excursions and they even let me store my bike in their private garbage overnight. I was a little skeptical about staying there at first because I read mixed reviews, but I'm glad we did. Those reviews were wrong, I would certainly stay there again and would recommend it to anyone else. I was traveling with my husband and two children, 23 and 21. We had two rooms 8&9. The kids really liked it too......Thank you.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank meg c
KillarneyLodge, Owner at Killarney Lodge, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you for staying and for your lovely review.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your holiday.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

I can't say enough good things about this B&B in Killarney. Catherine and her staff were wonderful; they were helpful with ideas of things for us to do and made our stay enjoyable. So much more personable than a hotel. Room was very nice, breakfast excellent, perfect location. We loved this place and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank for staying with us and for your lovely review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
Venice, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

It was our best Accommodation in Ireland. It’s 2 minutes’ walk from the Centre in a very quit location. We had a big room very comfortable with a nice view on the mountains. Just when we arrived in the afternoon the lady prepared a tea served with some biscuits. The breakfast was excellent. If you need there is also a computer for the Gust with free Internet connection (besides you can use the printer). It was the only accommodation in Ireland where we found hitting switch on in the bathroom very useful even if it was the begin of June. The staff is very nice and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
KillarneyLodge, Owner at Killarney Lodge, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Killarney Lodge and for your positive comments.
I very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Good location in Killarney town. Decent room. Good bed and well kept bathroom with strong warm shower. Very good breakfast: cereal, full irish and I indulged in some pancakes, lots of fruit, yogurts and cheese to satisfy the belly.

I thought I was staying in a hotel but it was better. It had the Irish homely touch. Catherine is a nice warm host who made the stay very satisfying.

Killarney is good for cycling. I went through the Gap of Dunloe (nice quiet road along the lakes with nice scenery), to Kenmare and back to Killarney.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review Killarney Lodge and for your lovely comments.
I am delighted that you enjoy your stay and your visit to Killarney.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

just completed a four night stay at killarney lodge with seven fellow golfers. your host Katherine is amazing. each morning, you will come down to breakfast (at whichever time is convenient for you), and you will be greeted with the aroma of her daily fresh baked breakfast rolls. the breakfasts at Killarney Lodge were the best we had in our stay at four locations in Ireland, including at a five star location. the rooms at Killarney Lodge are outstanding - very clean, spacious, and comfortable. the lodge is a very short walk to all the restaurants, pubs, and shops of killarney, as well as about a block from the entrance to Killarney National Park. i highly recommend this Lodge as a base from which to travel to golf at several courses throughout southwest Ireland.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
KillarneyLodge, Owner at Killarney Lodge, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review. Delighted you enjoyed your stay and your visit to Killarney