“You could almost eat the grass” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Gleann Fia Country House
Ranked #18 of 145 Killarney B&B and Inns
Drayton Parslow
“You could almost eat the grass”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

My partner Valerie and myself stayed in Gleann Fia Country House in mid May and what a lovely place it is. Bridget and Conor could not have been more helpful and are a lovely couple. We had a lot of fun there. Surrounded by the mountains and close to town it is so peaceful. Its a special place run by two very special people. We hope to return there some day.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ConorKillarney, Owner at Gleann Fia Country House, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear DraytonParslowKev.

Your review is wonderful and a pleasure to read. But then I recall you were both very positive with your lives and really enjoyed the great outdoors. I hope that one day you will return to visit and take in more of Killarney and Kerry landscapes.

Bridget and I wish you health and happiness in the years ahead and look forward to your return.

Conor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Driving up to this bed and breakfast is unlike any thing I had seen throughout our trip to Ireland. This country style home is surrounded by the most beautiful of surroundings. With a river running alongside the house, a wildflower garden, and surrounded by trees it is a true fantasy. The owners were incredibly friendly and gave great recommendations of local attractions. They directed us to one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. As a couple this place is perfect, but they had family room available which everyone would enjoy. The breakfast was great and included in the room price which was an incredible value for what you receive.

Room Tip: The fitness center and swimming pool does not apply to this bed and breakfast.
Dear Brittany S.

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our property and your recent stay with us. It was wonderful getting to know you both and we really enjoyed your company and conversations. When we build the fitness center and swimming pool, I promise you will be on the guest list for the official opening. In the meantime we wish you wonderful travels and forever good health.
Best wishes and regards.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

This very upmarket guesthouse is a real find. Set in a beautiful and quiet rural location beside bluebell woods and a stream. Only a mile outside the centre of Killarney. The house is full of character and could not be less like the bland, standardised offerings of chain hotels. We had a large and very comfortable room with a modern bathroom and a TV that receives British stations. The house is run by a very pleasant and efficient couple, who provide an excellent and imaginative breakfast. We did not find any down-side. Very good value. We shall be recommending Gleann Fia to friends.

Room Tip: Room 12 two double beds an view over stream and woodland
1 Thank JohnBrill
ConorKillarney, Owner at Gleann Fia Country House, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
Dear JohnBrill.

Thank you very much for your very open, positive and frank review of our property. I really enjoyed reading it and truly appreciate where you are coming from with your review.
I also hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your trip to Ireland and had a safe road home. One day hopefully in the not too distant future you will return and our doors are wide open to greet and welcome you both.
Best for now and have a great summer.
Bridget and Conor
Garden Grove, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

My friend and I spent one night in April at the Gleann Fia Country House and we could not have been happier with the house or the setting. The Victorian-style guesthouse is nestled in a beautiful forest which has walking trails surrounding it. We started the day with a morning walk along the stream and through the forest, and were surrounded by peaceful tranquility. The rooms were roomy, beautifully decorated and very clean. We enjoyed the conservatory and the delicious Irish breakfast. Conrad was friendly and hospitable, providing information and answering any questions we had about Killarney. I hope to return and definitely recommend this country house to anyone staying in Killarney.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Love2Travelin2s.

This is a lovely review you gave us and we thank you sincerely. Since you have been with us the leaves have all finally arrived and everything around us is a new green, so fresh and clean. Bridget and I hope that you had a safe trip home and all is well. Hopefully one day you will return to visit again.
Our very best wishes to you both.
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

We just sent two nights at Gleann Fia. We were greeted by our terrific host Connor who was full of energy, experience and advice on the Killarney area. We followed his suggestions and were not disappointed. The B&B is ideally located close to everything and even has a river running through the property along which you can walk. The conservatory was a wonderful place to relax, have a drink ( on the honour system) and chat with other guests. Our room was well situated with an ensuite bathroom and the necessities for tea or coffee making. Wifi was available throughout at no extra charge...a must when far away from family nowadays. The breakfasts were outstanding with a variety of choices. It is easy for us to recommend this B&B to anyone who is travelling to the Killarney area in Ireland. We would definitely stay at Gleann Fia again!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear jcn64.

Thank you for your very nice review of our property after your stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed the facilities of the property including Bridget's breakfast. Its really nice and fortunate for us to have company / guests like you, positive in your outlook and enjoying life. We hope that the remainder of your trip was a total success, traveled home safe and all is well with you. I hope one day you will get the time to return and complete the full itinerary.
Every good wish now for a nice summer.
Best regards, Bridget and Conor.
Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

I stayed at Gleann Fia last August for a weekend because of a booking problem with the other hotel where I liked staying, but the owner called Gleann Fia and explained the situation and they promptly arranged a room for me. I was upset to have to leave but the whole thing ended up coming out beautifully.
Conrad and Brigitte are lovely people who work hard and make every effort to make you feel comfortable and well at their place. The estate is beautiful with a crook right in front of it. I had the pleasure to sit at a chair in front of the crook, read and relax. The decoration of the place is of such taste! My room was small and because of that I had to come down and stay in the living room and other rooms they have, all full of books, magazines, just impeccable taste. Breakfast was very good and I met a group of Italians there who liked Brazil and I still write to some of them. If I would come another time I would choose a larger room, I guess. But the one I had was good enough for the weekend. They keep everything super clean and help their guests in whatever they can. You need a car to stay there and you cannot walk to town, but Brigitte gladly took me to town so I could have dinner. This was really generous of her seeing that she works hard to keep that place. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear rosanebroadway.

Thank you for your very nice review of our property Gleann Fia Country House after your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your kind words and comments. We can also say that it was our pleasure to have met you and enjoy your company. Bridget and I hope that one day you will return entertain more of our guests and enjoy some more fireside conversations.
We wish you happiness and health and I know we will meet again.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Gleann Fia around Easter weekend. I was especially surprised by how affordable the rates were, and wasn't sure what to expect. The hosts, Conor and Bridget, were very friendly and helpful. The facilities are fantastic. All the charm one would expect from an Irish B&B. The location is beautiful and just far enough out of the way to feel secluded. Perfect if you have a vehicle or plan on cycling.
Advice for anyone planning to book, do so through Gleann Fia's website. I booked through goireland and not all of the room options/configurations are available.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConorKillarney, Owner at Gleann Fia Country House, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear M_Verhagen.

Thank you very much for your very positive review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us over Easter 2013.
We are happy that you choose Killarney and especially Gleann Fia Country House for your short break. We hope sooner rather than later you wil return for some more Family time.
With every good wish for your and your family in the comng year
C & B