“enjoyed my stay very much!”
Review of Torc Hotel

Torc Hotel
Ranked #37 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
London, United Kingdom
“enjoyed my stay very much!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Myself and my boyfriend had the pleasure of staying 2 nights last week for my cousins wedding and were both pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed our stay!

Rooms are clean, spacious and modern. Staff are friendly and accommodating in the breakfast area and also in the bar! The beds are comfy and there is minimal noise from other guest or the bar area, this surprised me as the hotel was packed and a wedding party was going on.

The wedding itself, the service for the meal was fantastic. There was plenty of staff and the service was speedy. the decoration of the hall was lovely.

The food for the wedding meal, bar food and the breakfast was lovely!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
North Wales
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The nine of us from Llyn Bikers had a superb stay! The staff were very helpful and accomodating, food was good and reasonably priced as were the bar tariffs! The locals were very friendly adding to a great atmosphere. Room was excellentm, my only critism being that wifi is only available in the bar & reception areas at present. This I'm sure will be addressed in the near future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Hello to all at Darby O'Gills!
May I on behalf of all who stayed with you over the last weekend, thank you all, Eileen, Brendan, Mary, Michael, Chef and everyone else how looked after us so well! Chef for the great cake and feeding us so well! Brendan for turning in early I think so we could have an early breakfast on the day we were leaving and for being a gentleman throughout our stay. Everyone was just so friendly and kind to our group! Now I and the club want to thank Eileen especially for waiting for us when we arrived late on our first night and for being just wonderful and kind to us all weekend. Nothing was too much bother for you for which I would like to thank you personally!
The feedback from our guys & galls was nothing but very high praise where Darby's was concerned. I personally hope to be coming back to see you again in the future with another group and maybe a couple of this group too!
Until the next time, kindest regards.
Eifion Roberts
The Beicwyr llyn Bikers Club (Welsh Bikers)
North Wales.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
IH151, General Manager at Torc Hotel, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Firstly I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. I am delight that you all enjoy your stay and I hope to see you again when you next visit the Kerry area.

kind regards

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Myself and my partner stayed in this hotel recently. We had stayed here on a previous trip but noticed a huge improvement in the rooms this time. Meals where delicious and service was top quality. Staff where friendly in all areas of the hotel and we where greeted by one of the nicest and friendliest staff members at reception on arrival. It was a very enjoyable stay and will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
france
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel was adequate ,clean ,spacious family room,our newly done up family room was very nice.plenty of hot water,great breakfast on first morning,same on second morning but service was very poor.there seems to very little staff on to get help with any needs.The hotel in general is old fashioned nothing for kids,and too far from the town.

Room Tip: Get the new family rooms with flat screen tellys.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I and 8 month old has a room reserved for one night. On our arrival at 5.30pm the room was not ready as rooms were being refurbished. A room was offered but had not space for a travel cot. We were not offered any refreshments or baby changing/feeding facilities while we waited so we left to return at 9pm. The room was freshly painted and the fumes were overwhelming, dangerously so as the window could only be opened a fraction. The noise from the bar music allied with the fumes and heat meant we did not sleep well. Breakfast was an abysmal affair of cheap cereal, watered juices and toasting bread. The cooked breakfast was of poor quality and greasy. On a health and safety note there was no fire evacuation safety notice in the room neither were we verbally told of one. There was no hair dryer or information on the area in the room either On checkout I was struggling with baby and luggage as my husband had left earlier on a cycle, there were three staff members talking at reception as I stood waiting to check out. The receptionist rose her head to me and said you can leave your keys there and that was it. No plesantries, no enquiries as to how our stay was and no offer to help with our bags. I phoned the hotel on three occasions to talk about our experience and my calls were not returned. I will never visit this establishment again.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Cillers
sparky20132013, General Manager at Torc Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw our hotel.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. At the moment we are renovating the hotel which in some small way did not allow us to cater for your needs. Hopefully you will return in 2014 when all work will have finished and you can enjoy what we have to offer.

Regards,
Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I dont understand previous good reviews.
I thought rooms were finished poorly and i felt ripped off given the price. Food in bar was grand however it felt odd to be given the bill without request after placing order for mains, what about further drinks desert tea coffee ! Desert menu looked promising but after that couldnt be bothered. Great example of irish hospitality for the foreigners joining us who were wondering was this normal.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank ndcarlow
sparky20132013, Manager at Torc Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw our hotel. This is very helpful for all future planning. From the start of 2013 we are in the process of renovating the complete hotel which will be finshed by early 2014. Hopefully you will return and enjoy the improvements we have made
Regards