“Weekend in Darby O'gill's Country house Hotel very enjoyable, highly recommend it”
Review of Torc Hotel

Torc Hotel
Ranked #37 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Myself and my husband have just arrived back from a week-end in Darby's. We were very impressed with both staff and management. Our room was bright, warm, clean,very comfortable bed. Delicious food and friendly service, bar staff friendly and helpful,a few minutes drive from centre of Killarney. It's really quiet, relaxed, and beautifully decorated for Christmas. We highly recommend it and will definitely return in early 2014.

Room Tip: Always check your room first before you check in for noise from outside, also inspect the bathroom
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We had the pleasure of celebrating the most important day of our lives here.In fact we were so looked after we stayed 3 nights.
We celebrated our wedding her on October the 3rd 2013.From start to finish the staff here did nothing but cater to our needs to the best of our abilities.They are all polite, friendly, kind and very accomodating.The hotel is currently undergoing some renovations, ok it is a slight bit dated but its kept spotless!The food is second to none, all of our guests raved about our wedding meal.It was hot, fresh and delicious.The breakfast is the exact same, cooked to order and from fresh.The staff were kept up a few lates nights with us after taking over most of the hotel for the first 2 nights at least and did not complain once or show any sign that they were tired of us.The manager Brendan is extremly helpful, efficient and knows his stuff.He literally thought of every little detail, stuff I hadnt thought of myself and was very very helpful towards me, the bride on my wedding day.He kept everybody happy!Eileen on reception is one of the nicest receptionist you will meet.She also is very good at her job!She had the pleasure of organising all the rooms for the 3 days and with a lot of chopping and changing, never once made me feel that there would be a problem.Id say I had to phone her about 20 times to change and add people, put people on the same floor. Make sure people were in right location in hotel for their needs and Eileen took this task in her stride.All in all we were delighted we picked this hotel as our wedding venue.The friendly, homely atmosphere made for a pleasant stay and really lovely wedding.We had our ceremony here too and that made things so at ease for the rest of the day as it minused travel so our guests got set up nicely with a bit of music and reception while we took off only down the road to Muckross, Ross Castle direction for a few snaps.I would reccommend this hotel for any kind of stay.The staff will make you feel at home in the cosy atmosphere of this lovely friendly hotel.

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 24 November 2013

when you are having fun at a set dancing weekend, you are prepared to put up with a lot, but this year, you cannot fault this beautifully located Killarney hotel. Under the new management, things run to perfection. Obliging staff, delicious food served promptly, lovely new rooms, and all punches pulled to keep all customers happy. . If only I could find a way to pack my wonderful, had-made, double-sprung bed in my suitcase: never slept so well. And I hear they are planning more improvements. Definitely THE place to stay

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I booked it because being the cheapest option in an amazing area, looked quite alike to the more expensive options. And so it was. It's obviously not a posh fancy hotel. But it's clean and friendly (in my experience), comfortable overall. With a reasonable priced breakfast until 12 and a convenient (but not awesome) pub with food (just ok) and live music.

2 Thank Haidee83
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Myself and my boyfriend had the pleasure of staying 2 nights last week for my cousins wedding and were both pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed our stay!

Rooms are clean, spacious and modern. Staff are friendly and accommodating in the breakfast area and also in the bar! The beds are comfy and there is minimal noise from other guest or the bar area, this surprised me as the hotel was packed and a wedding party was going on.

The wedding itself, the service for the meal was fantastic. There was plenty of staff and the service was speedy. the decoration of the hall was lovely.

The food for the wedding meal, bar food and the breakfast was lovely!

North Wales
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The nine of us from Llyn Bikers had a superb stay! The staff were very helpful and accomodating, food was good and reasonably priced as were the bar tariffs! The locals were very friendly adding to a great atmosphere. Room was excellentm, my only critism being that wifi is only available in the bar & reception areas at present. This I'm sure will be addressed in the near future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Hello to all at Darby O'Gills!
May I on behalf of all who stayed with you over the last weekend, thank you all, Eileen, Brendan, Mary, Michael, Chef and everyone else how looked after us so well! Chef for the great cake and feeding us so well! Brendan for turning in early I think so we could have an early breakfast on the day we were leaving and for being a gentleman throughout our stay. Everyone was just so friendly and kind to our group! Now I and the club want to thank Eileen especially for waiting for us when we arrived late on our first night and for being just wonderful and kind to us all weekend. Nothing was too much bother for you for which I would like to thank you personally!
The feedback from our guys & galls was nothing but very high praise where Darby's was concerned. I personally hope to be coming back to see you again in the future with another group and maybe a couple of this group too!
Until the next time, kindest regards.
Eifion Roberts
The Beicwyr llyn Bikers Club (Welsh Bikers)
North Wales.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
IH151, General Manager at Torc Hotel, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Firstly I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. I am delight that you all enjoy your stay and I hope to see you again when you next visit the Kerry area.

kind regards