“Great value family run hotel with suppose”
Review of Failte Hotel

Failte Hotel
Ranked #38 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere in this place is second to none, the bar is amazing with live music from 7.30 and the staff are out of dis world so friendly and fun. Dis is the place in killarney where all the locals make off i was told and i can't blame them, it really is a special place with special people. The rooms are cheap and cheerful couldn't fault. Can't wait for my next night out here.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Went to the Failte for some dinner last weekend and got 2 starters and 2 main courses and 2 minerals. The staff were really nice and chatty and gave recommendations when asked and the whole experience was good until we got to the paying part, €75.70 for 2 mains, 2 starters and 2 drinks now if it had been Gordan Ramsey making me the food I might understand it better but i thought that was dreadfully expensive. Such a shame too as the place was nice but i would not be willing to pay that again so I will not be going back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Pub across the street sent us here, since they were no longer serving food. A recommendation is a good sign, I thought.

Nice atmosphere, when we walked in.

But we thought we should stick to basic pub food. Wife ordered a hamburger, then she made the mistake of asking for it to be cooked "medium." Cook doesn't do that, we were told. So she ordered soup and salad, which she was ended up being delighted with. I ordered wings. They came, and I was very dissapointed. Don't they have Frank's hot sauce in Ireland? These wings were spiced with mayonaise. At best. Can I have some blue cheese dressing? Sorry, we don't do that.

And, remember that nice atmosphere? The bus left about halfway through.

Room Tip: This is really about the restaurant that's under this hotel. But the restaurant is not recognize...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed at the Failte for just one night and found the staff and family who own the Hotel extremely accomodating. The rooms were clean and well kept, the breakfast was great and the service was impeccable. The noise from the night club across the road can't be helped and is to be expected when you stay in the center of a busy town in Ireland, it is rather unfortunate that Killarney has a parking issue however I managed to park my van 10 minites walk away from the hotel for free. I can't wait to come back and would recomend any one of my friends to stay at the Failte. Thank you Eileen, Paudie, Valerie and Bernadette for making my stay so enjoyable.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2012

where do i start?me and my friend spent a friday night here early last year,when we checked in the lady was extremely stern faced and not very friendly,we had to pay up front and no breakfast was included.we made our way to our room if thats what you want to call it after about 5 mins trying to open the door when we eventually got in we were horrified at what we saw first the smell of stale smoke met us the room was tiny could barely move,the bedclothes had fag burns in them and were quiet worn and tacky we then decided we would shower oh my god 20 mins before the water even heated up small bit what a joke.when we woke in the morning i literally taught we had left the window open it was so cold ice cold,we got dressed and went to check out when i complained i was told that it would be said to the manager no apoligies nothing i was furious,the day after no doubht me and my friend were both sick with the flu which we no doubht put down to the coldness in the room.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We ordered a dozen oysters which were good (tasty but not briny) but the rest of the menu was somewhat uninspiring. Finally, my husband ordered lasagna which was tasty and I settled on a salad - greens, feta cheese and walnuts - sounded good, but it had very little flavour and left me disappointed.

The bartending staff were very accommodating in serving us good hot tea with refills when we asked.

There was a young man playing music at the front of the pub. He had a great voice and we enjoyed his entertainment.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We had dinner here May 9th, 2012 in the restaurant and ate at the Pub on May 10th. Both were above average dining experiences. We ordered a wonderful appetizer of brie and cherry chutney ( I believe). The Roast Pork dinner was my dinner choice/ The pork medallions were cooked to perfection and the Dijon sauce was delicious. My companion order the Roast Rack of Kerry Lamb and was very happy with it.
In the Pub I ordered a garlic chicken sandwich. Once again I was surprised at how well seasoned it was. Just delicious!.
The staff at both the restaurant and the pub were great. They are attentive and warm. You know they are concerned with your dining experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple