“nice bar during the day but....”
Review of Failte Hotel

Failte Hotel
Ranked #38 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 2 July 2013

...there was an oddly aggressive bouncer on the door the weekend I was there which completely detracted from the experience. All other staff were very pleasant and the location is excellent. I would be hesitant to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 July 2013

My friends and I had a 3 course meal at Failte Hotel as part of my hen party package this weekend. We all thoroughly enjoyed our food. We had a set menu which was different from the menu on the website- maybe this is just for large groups. The staff were very nice and there was a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. The only improvement I would suggest would be to have a few more choices on the menu, as I din't really fancy any of the 3 desserts. However, I went for the ice cream and it made a nice change particularly as it was a hot day. We booked the hen party package through Henit.ie and for 87 euro we got b&b accommodation in Tatler Jacks, our delicious 3 course meal with tea/coffee after, nightclub entry and a round of shots. I think it was fantastic value for money and was good because it was all paid for in advance so we didn't need to worry about splitting the bill, etc. Would recommend the package to any hens or stags, and I would recommend the restaurant to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

For no reason one of the Bouncers threatened to kill me & throw me under a car!!! Never experienced this behavior in my life. The other bouncer was very professional. Good bar but awful bouncer ruined the experience. All the other staff were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This review is for the pub.

I loved it because they had live music! And it was a Monday night! There's a lot of seating but if you want a good table to catch the show, you should come early. When we got there, I think the act had been playing for a while so the only tables available were ones in the back where you couldn't see anything, or the table in front RIGHT next to the speaker.

They have Murphy's on tap (I still prefer my Guinness. After all, Guinness is good for you!)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Just like the others I had to pay upfront. The room we stayed in hadn't been cleaned properly as there was traces of make-up around the room. When I called reception for an iron and ironing board I got an iron but a sheet to use instead of an ironing board! The light in the bathroom was hanging down in the bathroom and we informed staff but the lady who looked at it was rude and tried to put the blame on me and my partner even though we had only walked into the room. The breakfast was poor and tasted like it was cooked early in the morning and left under the grill until customers sat down for breakfast. Also after flushing the toilet a loud ringing noise would last for up to half an hour or more, not the most pleasant sound to sleep through!

Room Tip: Look at the room before you pay up front.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EilisN_80
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

As a Tour Guide & Chauffeur I travel all over Ireland and eat in lots of good restaurants however The Failte. Restaurant in Killarney is fantastic in all my years eating here I have never had a bad meal, always well priced. The staff are very friendly and ready to help you decide on your meal. I have just had the best T bone steak every,followed by a great dessert . I will be back and I hope when you visit Killarney you will call into The Failte Hotel for a great meal.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

We were just passing though Killarney on a day trip and just came across this place and needed something to eat so we went in. Very nice pub and old style pub and nice atmosphere and the food was lovely and very tasty and not dear either. Staff friendly and welcoming. Glad we came across it.

• Stayed: February 2013