“Nice central location”

Killarney Avenue Hotel
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Right by the National Park, free Wi-Fi. Great rooms but double-check to make sure your door closes and latches behind you, ours didn't always. Was noisy the first night because of a wedding and tons of children running and screaming up and down the stairs and halls but was quiet the next night. Phone in the lobby you can call the U.S. from for less than a dollar for 4 minutes, great deal. Just hangs up when your call is done, no chance to put more money in.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 3wilddogs
There are newer reviews for Killarney Avenue Hotel

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Really nice decor and really good staff, as you walk in to the hotel you are being greeted with the smile from the front desk . Hotel by itself is very charming and with loads of character. I was there for a wedding and the food was amaizing, I don't know how they do it but the service was very nice and quick but not rushed and the plates were still hot when they arrivied to our table. I have been to many weddings but I was amaized by the service and quality in the avenue. Will be definatly back for longer brea on my own this time cause there is not many places like that left.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Delicious food and lovely decor but what really stood out about this hotel was the amazing staff! they were so friendly especially Regina on the Front Desk and the waitress Eva they went over and above to help out.. The location of the Hotel is also excellent perfect for a weekend get away if you want to explore Killarney. I didn't stay overnight as the hotel was booked out but I was here for a wedding and they really made the day special for the couple.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed here in October 2011 and found the reception staff friendly and my room was spacious and comfortable. I think its online images overstate its quality somewhat but it is a good value hotel. My major disappointment was when I ordered fish and chips in the bar. The chips were awful and the batter was soggy. I really couldn't believe it, so much so that I picked at a corner of it, left 95% of it on the plate and waited for the waiter to ask me if something was wrong or if I didn't like it....waiter came, took the plate and said nothing, maybe that was his inexperience but I thought the chef should at least know not to send out a dish like that. I've eaten in many places throughout Ireland and this was a huge let down. I would recommend this hotel as a 3* accommodation but don't eat in the bar, there are plenty of quality options around Killarney to choose from. Why did I wait till now to post a comment, I was fuming at the time and would have been scathing so wanted to calm down and have just logged into my account since then. Location of hotel is very central.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Happyreviewer2016
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We had our wedding in the Killarney Avenue Hotel in April of this year. We cannot recommend the place highly enough. Having looked at many venues across Kerry and in Killarney, the Avenue staff were by far the most accommodating and very easy to deal with.

From the first day when we arrived on spec, we were greeted with a warm smile and offered a cup of coffee while we waited. Organising the wedding from long distance could have been a stressful process, but Denis Duggan, Denis McCarthy, Marlena, Neil and all the staff ensured it was as smooth as possible.

All our guests who stayed for the weekend raved about the hospitality and the kindness the staff showed towards them, especially those with young children. The wedding meal was excellent and this was hugely important for my new husband and I, both coming from extended families of "foodies". The beef was cooked perfectly - not an easy task for 160 guests - and the smoked salmon starter got rave reviews.

We were so pleased with how everything turned out and can't wait to go back and visit the Avenue and thank them all again for making our day so special.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AshDee1
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The Killarney Avenue Hotel is close to shops, restaurants and pubs. We walked just about everywhere during the two days we were here. The lobby is beautiful. Free internet is available in the lobby, which came in handy since I don't travel with a laptop. Our room and bath was very clean. Unfortunately the mattress, as in most of the hotels we stayed at, was too soft for for me. Our room was located in the front of the hotel and had a good view of the horse carriages driving by,but, also was a bit noisy being on the street side.At 2:30 in the morning watched a funny scene as two people tried to stuff one of their drunken friends into a car. We had dinner at the hotel one night and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the service by hotel staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sissyd
Reviewed 28 June 2012

On arrival, impressed that car parking, although limited, was controlled and available for guests and above all was very secure and easily accessible. Receptionist was excellent. Room was excellent. Attended wedding function and the meal supplied was top notch, compliments to the chef and staff. Would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family