“Love Killarney!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Killarney Avenue Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Killarney Avenue Hotel
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Cork, Ireland
“Love Killarney!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

Just returned from the wonderful town that is Killarney. I have been to Killarney many times but it was my first time staying in the Avenue Hotel. I found the staff on the desk most welcoming and they couldnt do enough for us, they organised day trips for us nothing was too much for them. The food in the Restaurant was just beautiful my compliments to the Chef. Hotel was spotless could not fault anything, will definitely be returning.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Limerick, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Stayed in this hotel for a few days this week and i will not be rushing to book it again. A meal was included in our stay and we had this on the first night . I ordered chicken wrapped in parma ham with black pudding it arrived SWIMMING in a kind of gravy like a big black blob could not even see the pudding needless to say only stomached a tiny bit and my dining partner wanted very very small portion of mash and veg and out came HUGE plate of mash and hard veg waitress apologised so obviously presentation and listening not chefs priority. Did not find staff in any area very friendly or enthusiastic and when we checked out they did not even ask if we enjoyed our stay or hoped to see us again .Rooms quite cold and only remote controlled heating available.
I think ALL staff need bit of retraining in the hospitality area .

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ann D
waterford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

What a great town killarney is .

Place was buzzing while we were around. The hotel is in a great location in town, just far enough away from the centre, that you don't have any noise or parking problems.The room we had was very nice, clean and had a view, with the bonus of a jacuzzi bath. Can't fault anything with the hotel the staff seemed very friendly and willing to help, we missed breakfast both mornings but we ate in the bar on the sunday. Bar was busy as it was all ireland final day, the roast beef was super value,tasty and the portion size was on the large side,

Good banter with locals at the bar which we enjoyed

Hotel seems to have a great balance of tourists and local holiday makers .

Would return for sure

Keep up the good work

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
penang
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel in August, oh my god what a joke no provisions made for a special needs person that was with us,The dining room was not at all suitable so my son had to eat in his room during our time there so much for awareness of special needs in this hotel.The wine which was meant to be complimentary in our room arrived after 3days which we had to ask for 4 times.breakfast was a joke I had asked for poached eggs but I think they just cracked the eggs onto some bread and come on Killarney avenue 4slices of very cheap toast for 3 people is just not acceptable or perhaps maybe you thought my son was also incapable of eating.when I handed the eggs back i was told "why didn't you ask for them well done" we'll I certainly didn't ask for them raw either.the room was small for three people and they were no springs in my sons bed.when I was leaving I voiced my opinion and I was told the manager would ring me but that never happened.i then e mailed the manager and outlined my concerns but he just did not have the manners to even reply back.So Killarney avenue this is my reason for giving you a bad review on trip advisor you charge 4star prices but you certainly don't deliver a four star service

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank brigid8
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

We only stayed here the one night. Personally i think you could definitley get something better for the price they offered us elsewhere but it would be at the expense of the location. The location is perfect to visit Killarney.

The rooms we had were very comfortable and very clean with free wifi. My only very minor complaint is that that they forgot to give us towels, however the service made up for it. The cleaners were smiley and happy to point us to where our room was when we absent mindedly couldn't find our room (in our offence there was a door that covered the room number). The staff acted promptly when we enquired about our towels and the beackfast staff were lovely and around if you needed anything. The buffet breakfast isent the best that I've had but it did the job. The food was good.

There was one staff member working at reception that wasen't as plesent as the rest. This again is only a very minor complaint. He was not rude in anyway. We all just got the impression he was alittle unwilling to serve us. As it was our only night in Killarney we naturally went out, had a number of drinks and a fantastic night! We were told the Hotel bar wouldn't be closed until 3am so we thought we would have a quiet one before we hit the hay. There were only three of us and we were not rowdey in any way. When spoke to the gentleman behind reception he plainly told us the bar itself had closed early and promptly asked for our room number. It did feel like he didn't think we were staying there and it was alittle unwelcoming. When he checked us off he told us he would serve us our drinks in the lobby. I didn't mind having my water and chatting to my friends in the lobby before bed but he did make it unessciarily awkward for a breif time. I understand that he was just following procedure but it was his manner and the way he spoke.

As for the decour, I personally found it alittle dark and out-dated but it's not something that ruined our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

Top class from start to finish,friendly staff .room spacious and very clean,
leisure center just across the road in Towers hotel wedding on while we were there
heard nothing..great breakfast no queuing ,fantastic evening meal.great location near to everything will be back again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Escondido, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

On the edge of town, next to the courntryside was delightful. People are friendly and outgoing. While we were there in the area, we had a tour of another Grand Estate of the area, overlooking a lake. From the second floor of the Castle, you have a breathtaking view of the surrounding countryside is a must see. Make sure you have your camera, extra batteries, and free space on your digital camera memory card.

Near the hotel there is a great coffee shop around the corner. They could give some major coffee chain store a run for the money or at least keep the conpetition strong for the customers.

Room Tip: Usually with a tour group, rooms are assigned in advance of your arrival. However, if you are not sa...