“Nice break”

Killarney Court Hotel
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 28 February 2012

we recently stayed in this hotel, we got a great rate for the night and even recieved an upgrade to a superior room. I was really looking foward to seeing the room but was slightly disappointed when I did, the room was tiny (nicely decorated though), I just would have expected more from a room they were classing as superior. During the evening also the fire alarm went off on the corridor and when I phoned reception to enquire what the problem was i got told"probably someone smoking in their room" and they seem quite unconcerned about the matter. I appreciate that it wasnt they set off the alarm but they could have said they were checking it out and apologise for the inconvenience, but they didnt. We ate in the bar the evening we arrived and it was nice but nothing above average but the breakfast the next morning was okay some things over cooked and other items looked under cooked to me. I did eat it as I was hungry but wasnt rushing up for seconds!!!
All in all we have a cheap night in a hotel but not too sure that I would stay here again, it was fine but nothing great.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed here on a trip around the West. We were staying with 2 children, aged 5 & 2. I really liked that they had a children's play room (not much in it, but was good for about an hour of play). They wi-fi connection was terrible and would constantly cut out. I liked the room itself as it was a fairly decent room size and the bathroom was a very good size. The shower was horrible!! The water would go from freezing cold to scalding hot and back again throughout the shower all while the old shower curtain stuck to your body! I would stay here again as the price was decent, but would likely look for somewhere a little more modern.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed at the Killarney Court Hotel in September.
The hotel was clean and the staff were pleasant. Unfortunately our room was at the back of the hotel and the WiFi barely worked at all. Also the room was on the small side. Those were the only negatives as our experience here was very good.
The room decor was very nice and felt modern. The ensuite was decorated to a very high standard and even had underfloor heating. The bed was a proper double and not just two singles pushed together. Also when we requested a room with a flat screen TV this was provided.
The hotel is situated about a ten minute walk from the town centre and is ideal for site seeing either by foot or by car.
Overall we felt that the hotel was very good value we would recommend staying here. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KasDar
Reviewed 16 February 2012

i had no big expectations with the hotel. i got a really good deal for an overnight stay so i thought, must be a very basic hotel. rooms are very pretty, modern.. very clean and it has everything you would need. the bathroom is pretty neat too.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Have stayed in this hotel twice and was very happy with everything nice room good atmosphere and the food was gorgeous. We really enjoyed our stay both times. There is only one problem I had and that was the security man there in the night times never have i came across a more ignorent man in my whole life he had a horrible attitude and a horrible manner about him. He spoke to me and other guests in a very nasty way no need for it. if hes not happy working there he should leave pity really he put a downer on the whole night.

Room Tip: Ask for a new room when booking
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The room was small but had a good bathroom and comfortable bed. The staff were excellent and the location was very good - 5 minutes walk into the town. I cannot comment on the food as we were room only and did not eat in the hotel. A few small improvements would make a big difference. The removal of the rubbish stuffed into the spaces at the top of the lift, the hand prints on the lift doors and marks on the bathroom door in our bedroom and also the painting of some of the bed room doors on the 3rd floor which were badly scuffed at the bottom. I am being picky now but behind the taps in the bathroom was not clean, I cleaned this myself. The room was overall clean and the underfloor heating in the bathroom was lovely as was the spacious shower.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

I stayed here with some mates two weeks ago for a staff party, and in all fairness there was nothing we could fault the place on ,the staff were sound the bar was clean and the pint was a1 .The rooms were spacious and comfy,and the central location to the town was very handy.thanks to all the staff at the court and we will be back during the summer for another stay,,,,,,

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends