“Would love to return!”

Killarney Court Hotel
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I checked out today after a 3 night visit. The hotel is situated just a short stroll from the town centre and is on the Ring Of Kerry, in between Muckross House & Gardens and The Gap Of Dunloe. On arrival, we were met by a lady who gave us a lovely, friendly welcome. She also had our room keys & paperwork ready for us. The room was lovely, bright and spotlessly clean. Wi-fi available all over the hotel. We ate in the dining room and we also ordered room service one of the nights. I couldn't fault the staff, they were all welcoming and friendly and they genuinely asked if the room was ok, food was ok, did we need any help with tours, etc It's a long long time since I stayed in such a nice, friendly & welcoming hotel. Huge congrats on your customer service, will definitely return!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jane C
killarney c, General Manager at Killarney Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Jane C, Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us recently. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your return which hopefully won't be too long.
Thanks again Jane.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have travelled most of the europe and some of the world and killarney in particular many times i have stayed in various hotels and bed and breakfast and rented properties ,recently i stayed in this hotel and found it sadly lacking first of all the parking facility was inadequate for a hotel.
I had to manoeuvre around badly parked cars and two buses to get into a space that was just about big enough to get into. My partners trouser leg was stained by over grown shrubbery that protruded into the car space ,proceeding to the reception to be ignored as the receptionist fiddled with paperwork ,a nod and i will be with you in a moment would have sufficed ,after booking in and going to our room we found a dowdy room that looked like it dated to the seventies, with what looked like gothic cathedral inspired woodwork ,the bed headboard was also in this style badly varnished too .the coffee that was supplied was in sachets and a low quality and just enough for a cup each .Opening our curtains to see the VIEW we were greeted with a wall a few yards in front of us which i think was access to the rear of the hotel for deliveries which was handy because a truck woke us in the morning saved getting an alarm call
Thinking we would get something to eat we went downstairs although it was approx 11pm
We proceeded to the badly lit bar to find no staff there and a german person serving themselves ,I met a lady and young girl as they were leaving she had been waiting about ten minutes and thought the bar was closed ,i sat there and waited a few more minutes and low and behold the bar man appeared asked what i wanted to drink ,i ordered our drink i asked had they wifi and without reply he went to the register and supplied me with a printed code for it. I tried to get online for the duration of my stay in the bar and couldn't .The barman brought the drink and spilled it splashing me and my partners seat lucky she wasn't on it as she had went to the bathroom (they were clean ).he handed me a cloth and i wiped it down ,
in my humble opinion he should have done that himself .I enquired if there was food he told me there were crisps in a vending machine although it was late i would have expected more than salt and vinegar or barbeque flavoured pringles . We had to go next next door to a chinese restaurant (nice food).When we did go to bed it was average i would not say it was good enough for a three star hotel .The next morning we were greeted by one friendly staff member as we asked where to get breakfast ,We proceed to a large room that a had buffet style breakfast ,
For some strange reason there were no fried eggs in the bain marie ,so we had to queue again for them and the toast was over done ,We left the hotel with a sour taste in our mouths and it wasnt from the breakfasts as the sausages were lovely .
As we left there was no ," thank you" or "hope you enjoyed your stay call again " ,this i was surprised with as we never complained ,my partner asked me not to maybe they could tell by the disappointed look on our faces .We left glad we had stayed only one day and went further down the road to an exceptional hotel with friendly staff and stayed a week there .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank David A
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here recently and we couldn't praise it highly enough. Staff were lovely, and always friendly. The room was very cosy. The breakfast was fantastic with a huge selection and would keep you full till dinner. The set dinner menu was great value at 20euro per person. We paid 144 euro for 3 nights b&b for 2. Town centre was about 15 min walk or 6 euro in a taxi. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank fd4Dublin
killarney c, General Manager at Killarney Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear fd4Dublin,

Thank you both so much for your review and also for being such wonderful guests.We always strive to provide a warm welcome and friendly service and we are all delighted that you were more than happy with your visit. In this day and age Value, is important for everyone and I like to think we achieve that, I am happy that you agree. Please don't leave it long before you return to us, we always have great offers on our own website.

The welcome will always be warm,

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed here for a night out in Killarney. Nice bar with decent food. The room was clean, a little dated though. The breakfast was good, great sausages. Cost about €8 to get to the town centre by taxi.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Paule025,

Thank you for your review about your stay with us here at the Killarney Court Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed the Breakfast. I hope you return again soon, we always have the kettle on!!!

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Decent hotel 1 mile from town. Connected to bar/restaurant. Staff very nice. Beds are (ok). Only 1 electrical outlet in room. Not good :(. If I had to do it over again ? I would book in town. Lots of hotels closer. Enjoy

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank sdzon

Dear sdzon,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Killarney Court Hotel. I am sorry that the bed was not to your liking, we are constantly upgrading matresses and this may have been next on our list.The electrical outlet situation will be checked asap, thank you for highlighting it. I do hope that if you were to return that our location would be a positive, as we are in an easy to locate site close to most amenities. I wish you well on your travels and thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

To date this is the most deplorable service I have encountered in a motel. Travelling with a group, having paid a single supplement apparently is not giving you the right to service or use of the room. I paid for another room when they would not allow my partner to stay in the room with me. I stay in anywhere from 50-100 motel rooms a year, and this wins the award for being the worst. Furthermore when I gave my opinion,it was greeted with indifference. My fault, I should have gone elsewhere...fancy paying for such deplorable service.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Crystalline4u
killarney c, General Manager at Killarney Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Crystaline4u,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. As you said, you travelled with a tour group who had booked the rooms. Your room was a single room for single occupancy. Any change to this needed us to inform the Tour Director and then all would be fine. You declined the offer to inform the Tour Director and did not want the Director to know. You then decided to book a separate room which we organized for you.

We would like guests to know that when they book a room with us, we take it very seriously, and will do our utmost to ensure their security and safety. Please look back over our numerous reviews from the last few months and I am sure you will see how we cherish our guests and really want them to be happy with their stay.

I am very sorry that Crystaline4u was not happy, it was not from the want of trying.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Me and my friend stayed here for 3 nights. The location is perfect (15 min taxi from Kerry airport) and 10 min walk to the town centre. The hotel was very welcoming and we was extremely happy they had a room ready early for us. Happy to get extra tea and coffee in the room each day. Food in the hotel bar was tasty and felt warm and cosy in there. There are loads of nice places to eat and drink in the town.I plan to visit Killarney again in the future and i would book at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lisamo88

Dear lisamo88,
Thank you so much for your very kind review about your stay with us recently. It was a real pleasure to have you stay and all the team are thrilled that you were happy with your welcome. Thank you. I hope you do return again very soon.