“great weekend”

The Heights Hotel Killarney
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We attended a wedding here on Friday and booked a weekend break From start to finish we were very impressed The staff all round were welcoming and professional and are a great asset to the hotel The food and service at the wedding was exceptional The bedroom was good with everything we needed While the layout of the breakfast was a bit higgeldy piggeldy it had everything we needed and again the staff were great We ate in the restaurant on Saturday night and it was just fab Starter Main and Dessert were very good all washed down with a bottle of house Pinot It was a bit noisy at night with the crowd from the weddings (there was another one on Saturday) out smoking at the front of the hotel but with a bit of thought maybe this could be sorted The hotels position is excellent also So near the link road and with a good shop nearby for all the bits and bobs you usually forget We will definitely visit again

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Heights H, Sales & Marketing Manager at The Heights Hotel Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2015

Thank you phyllystravels for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding here at The Heights Hotel Killarney. We are renowned for the beautiful food, our professional, friendly staff and the exceptional service we provide. The smoking issue has now been addressed and we now offer a new breakfast service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Myself and my partner stayed there on Saturday, from the moment we arrived at reception to check in we new we were going to enjoy our stay, the receptionist was very welcoming i really felt the warmth of the hotel. We ordered a bottle of champagne to the room which was sent up right away by a very friendly gentleman. We had a meal that evening in a very beautiful and warm restaurant with a very relaxed atmosphere. I had turkey and ham and my partner had salmon, we had mashed potatoes, veg and a roast potato these were all cooked to perfection. For dessert we had the chefs selection which was a little apple tart, cheese cake, strawberry dipped in chocolate and a strawberry with fresh cream. The service was excellent and we were delighted. We also had a few drinks in the bar which was very relaxing and the bar staff very friendly. We really enjoyed our stay at the Heights Hotel, thanks to all the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Get married and you will have the bridal suite
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Heights H, Manager at The Heights Hotel Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2015

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at The Heights Hotel Killarney. We are renowned for the beautiful food, our professional, friendly staff and the exceptional service we provide. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

After reading the reviews on trip advisor I was very reluctant to use this hotel But after getting an excellant BBD price, I decided to go with it as I was only staying for one night. Although the hotel is outside the town, it can be walked in 15 minutes. The hotel had a quaintness that is not seen in many of the newer simialar hotels. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Rooms clean and spacious. Food was good and plentiful. Overall I would go back and would recommended it. It a three star hotel which is very good value.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank coldars

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Got a dinner and b + b rate of Euro 50, which was good. Dinner was excellent. Minute steak is normally thin, this was nice and thick. Also portion of chicken was generous. Mash was only ok and I thought we would have been offered tea or coffee afterwards but were not but these are small things when you consider the excellent quality of the steak. Rooms were excellent if not a little too warm. Breakfast is self service. All in all, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rs08262014e

Reviewed 31 January 2012

January 28 2012.
We booked to stay through one of the Lidl breaks for one night, dinner, BB for four. From the minute we checked in at 4 in the afternoon until we checked out we all truly enjoyed our stay. Staff were friendly and helpful. Food was excellent both the dinner and breakfast. Rooms comfortable and very clean. Will be back again and will be reccommending this hotel to friends. We requested 1 smoking and 1 non smoking room there was no problem. There was entertainment in the bar which enjoyable. Lou.

Room Tip: Specify what your requirements are upon booking.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louise G

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I was working in Tralee the day I stayed and on route to Wexford. I just pulled in as it was along my route and was wrecked. My room was very comfortable. I had a little problem with the shower but within minutes the staff came to look at it and allowed me to shower next door. I was impressed with this as I had to get going for work. I am sorry I didn't get the name of the woman who was there serving food on January 24th and 25th...I believe she would be a manager...she was so attentive and professional. She was there for dinner and breakfast and was lovely. I really have to say for the 45 euro I spent for bed and breakfast I was very happy...best sleep I've had in awhile...I have three small children at home so it was lovely to be comfortable and get good rest!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JennieDGorey

Reviewed 26 November 2011

Possibly the coldest, draughtiest place ever!! The Bars,Restaurant and Breakfast room are full of open spaces that leave a lot of cold air in! The breakfast room alone has 4 or 5 sets of double doors that are never closed.Food was dissapointing,and lukewarm at best.
There is a damp smell from the carpets and it is quite old.
Give it a miss, there are much nicer warmer and welcoming hotels in killarney.
I spent the next few days in bed recovering from flu after my visit!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank TansyMul
Noreen O, Manager at The Heights Hotel Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Dear Annl39
I would like to thank you for submitting a review to trip adviser, however i am dissapointed that on this occasion you did not enjoy it, i would have hoped you would have brough this issue to the attention of management or reception upon check out but as i did not recieve a complaint regarding your stay before now i am presuming that you did not mention it on checkout. i am quite shocked that you found our food "only ok and luke warm at best" as we really are always complimented on our food quality and presentation and thankfully have a very good reputation for food. i am very sorry that you felt so dissapointed over your stay here, i do feel that you should have brought this to the attention of the Hotel on checkout where managment could have dealt with the problems directly as apposed to writing a review on a website one month after checkout.
Should you like to contact me directly to speak to me regarding your stay here then please do as i would be delighted to try and rectify any complaints you had.

Noreen O Leary