I read some very bad reviews about this hotel in Trip Advisor and I´m sure they were perfectly right.
It is very rare to hear about a hotel that admits that something has to be done and invest lots of money to renovate the rooms and the building itself and that happened while the hotel was closed in winter 07-08.
I think the effort payed off as this was by far the best of all 4 hotels I stayed at during my visit to Ireland.
The rooms size was very standard: not big, not small. But is was very clean and had a very good bed.
The hotels restaurant was very nice too: we had dinner one evening were they serve lamb, salmon, etc were you could eat as much as you could.
The hotel has spa and a very well equiped gym.
The hotels location is right in the middle of the town. This could be heaven or this could be hell. My room was very quiet as I couldn´t hear any noice comming from the streets or the other guests in their rooms.
A great touch, in my opinion is that every room had jacuzzi.
On the other hand it is a paradox that in the bathrooms they put a sign were they ask guests to save water by re-using towels as much as possible. But if water is the hotels concern, then they shouldn´t install a jacuzzi in every bath tub...
All in all I can only say that this hotel was really a big surprise for me as I didn´t know that CIE choosed hotels of what I consider such high standard. I understand that the renovation i mentioned above gave the Kilarney Towers Hotel their fourth star which I think the hotel deserves.
I was told at the reception that the tariff at that moment (march 2008) was 80 euros pr person for Dinner,Bed and Breakfast. The same price was asked in a scottish hotel I stayed at for 2 years ago and that hotel couldn´t had more than 2 stars and had no facilities other than a bar.
Because of all the facilities, cleanless, the new inventory and that you can eat all you can at both breakfast and dinner, I think the Killarney Towers Hotel as it stands today is good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre offers luxury hotel accommodation in Killarney town centre. Known for it’s charm & friendliness this bustling town centre Killarney hotel has many great bar and restaurant areas ideal for all our guests to relax in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Killarney Towers Hotel And Leisure Centre
- Towers Killarney
- Killarney Hotel
- Killarney Towers Hotel Ireland